Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Bishop's Stortford

littlehampton

Back in August, in our first home league match of the season, we played Bishop's Stortford and beat them 2-1. Last week we played them away in the return fixture and lost 2-1 to a very late goal.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) evening we welcome our Hertfordshire friends back to the QEII Stadium, for a Velocity Trophy semi-final cup-tie, under the lights, with all to play for, and a great chance to progress to the Final. On Saturday we moved up to 6th in the IPL table, a point off the play-off places, and now we have home advantage and the opportunity to reach our first ever Isthmian League Cup Final.....and win it !!

This cup match is important to our Club as there is decent prize money involved. Let's help our guys by having a big turnout , and plenty of noise and vocal support for the Town, to re-create that special cup-tie atmosphere experienced in the past.

Good luck everyone, see you there!  Let's hear it for the Town. COYT 

20 minutes ago, djwilf said:

Quite looking forwards to this.

Couple of points....does there have to be a result tonight?

Also, can Karl feature?

Result tonight. draw at 90 minutes straight to pens.

Agree entirely, who said this was a classic ? If we were any better we would be second best by a mile. football is a funny and cruel game. We weren’t in it for 75 minutes. long aimless balls, hopeless. I genuinely feel sorry for BS who sent out a second string and should have won comprehensively. Two good things to take from tonight, the guys never gave up trying and we won.  It is still not good enough is  it ?

Came to QEII last night for a little restorative "Glory hunting pot chasing" (thanks Steve ;)) after the loss of my first and greatest footballing hero.

The irony isn't lost on me that who should step up but a goalkeeper!

Well done Joe Wright!!!

Certainly not going to moan about being second best... left the stadium buzzing for the first time this this year..... WERE GOING TO WIN THE CUP...... sod the play offs we are in the final with the chance to win it... well battled lads a cracking finish by Josh and some decent substitutions from the manager.... We love you Andy we do oh Andy we love you ❤️ 

Great few minutes in 2nd half where everyone seemed energised.....1st half not much to say.....Made a difference when Ryan pushed up and Mickey went rb also......however let's be honest with better finishing BS would have put us out of sight.

We'll take it though.

Great assist/finish by Josh!

I am glad that Theo has recognised the contribution made by the manager in that game.

Yes Joe had to be the man of the match but another hero was the manager yesterday. I was concerned when I saw the substitutions as to bring on three at a time is game changing and it could have heralded a rout but it was brave management and it did the job. Well done Andy but I dont love you ........ yet.

Now as for the churlish comments what was the score remind me. We came back from 2-0 down and even 3-2. You cannot argue with that. Stortford tactics at 3-2 were totally wrong. They went into their shell and it allowed us to push forward. With a goalie as weak as theirs you cannot afford to sit back and hope. Our tactics, which have to be down to the manager, won the game.

Yes Stortford were young and well drilled. They played well to a plan and it nearly worked but I could see that they were getting tired even towards the end of the first half and fresh legs crucified them.

We talk about goals of the season but Youngs nutmeg on the goalie has to be up there. I was expecting him to cross as there was a player there but so was the goalie and I can only assume that he had his legs open in order to be ready to cover the cross. Youngs saw that and done him like a kipper.

There are some that state that it was Stortford reserves. I don't know about that but i do know that there was the comment that some of their players were cup tied and we can only beat the players in front of us.

A cracking, entertaining cup tie with a second half to remember.