Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Bishop's Stortford

littlehampton

In the cup a win is always a win so let's all be happy with the knowledge we all have a Cup Final to go to.

Regarding the strengths of each team I believe that last night had BS 4 plyd + 3 Subs on the previous match team sheet against  our 8 plyd +1 sub on ours. Yes a reasonable discrepancy but as Steph says you can only play what is in front of you.  

1 hour ago, djwilf said:

Also have to say it,  know there have been job issues.......but with ball up in the air so much how good it was to see Sam Chaney back in the team..even if virtually unrecognisable haha.

He had that haircut, I think, before the job change. Maybe it was for the interview :)

3 hours ago, 72wembleyfinal said:

According to the Stortford website,they had 4 players cup tied,and 3 injured.but who really cares!.

And yes the manager must take a lot of credit for the very bold substitutions.Certainly had the desired affect.

Was great to be there last night to witness that win.

COYT.

Congratulation and well done everyone on a great result albeit through penalties.
For much of the first half we looked second best against a Blues side who played some good football and deserved their half time lead.
When Town went two down after the interval it looked a lost cause. The triple substitutions suddenly changed the game. Town upped the tempo, and quickly drew level.
When Stortford regained the lead, it looked decisive, but Town's never-say-die determination enabled them to equalise in added time, and go through to the Final on penalties.
Certainly a game to remember!  Town did us proud in the end, so well done to Andy, the boys, the Ultras for their great support last night, and everyone else who witnessed this amazing match!
Yes sir, we are in the Final!

Being a supporter is all about these moments... the cup seems to bring it out.... Eastbourne and Maidstone two that recently come to mind even though they both ended badly.... for all the team lacks in technical and tactical ability sometimes heart wins the day... it dosn’t in the league over a long season but it can in the cup........

Genuine question: where does this cup rank in the big scheme of things?

I assume most people at the start of the season will want:

1) Promotion

2) A good run in the FA Cup

3) A good run in the FA Trophy

After that, I'm not totally sure: is The Middlesex Cup 'better' than the Velocity Trophy or not?

Genuine question: where does this cup rank in the big scheme of things?

I assume most people at the start of the season will want:

1) Promotion

2) A good run in the FA Cup

3) A good run in the FA Trophy

After that, I'm not totally sure: is The Middlesex Cup 'better' than the Velocity Trophy or not?

OK. So I THINK, based on the teams eligible to enter, that The Middlesex Cup is bigger than the Velocity Trophy. So in the hierachy of cups that we can enter for am I right in thinking that it goes like this:

1) FA Cup (obviously)

2) FA Trophy (obviously)

3) Middlesex Cup

4) Velocity Trophy

?