Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch v EnfieldTown

seemgee

A tactical masterstroke by our coaching team.... start with one up front... a system that hasn’t worked all season and make us look as awful as possible so leading Hornchurch to believe the cup is as good as theirs.... I’m hoping that was his objective as I’m trying to find a positive in probably the most miserable afternoons entertainment this season (and there’s been a lot )

I would say words fail me but here goes - hopeless, aimless, inept, no visible tactics, no leadership, prescious life skill. 

‘I am not going to waste my time going to away games any more, I’ll go to home games to meet the rest of the fans who suffer this kind of dross and have a beer or two, I have no expectations to be entertained. No excuses just poor tactics and poor performance. 

Just now, MTHead said:

I would say words fail me but here goes - hopeless, aimless, inept, no visible tactics, no leadership, prescious life skill. 

‘I am not going to waste my time going to away games any more, I’ll go to home games to meet the rest of the fans who suffer this kind of dross and have a beer or two, I have no expectations to be entertained. No excuses just poor tactics and poor performance. 

Precious little skill, although life skill are needed to cope with this week on week !

I cannot add much to what has already been said except at last some more have begun to notice the Emperor has no clothes.

I do not know what was paid to assemble this team but it proves that, with the inability to bring out the best in players, money is easily wasted. I think some Cheshum supporters mentioned this when AL left them.

What ever happens from now to the end of this season I hope more thought goes in to next year. Also that someone takes on board the general disquiet conveyed by so many supporters and decides that something should be done.

FJ your reference to EINSTEIN"S THEORY IS MOST APPOSITE. But it can also be said of us who continually turn up expecting change. I think, though , some of us are beginning to seeing the light.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals
Change context

We can’t wait till the end of the season. We need to plan now for next year. There is very little prospect if playoffs now, we are just good enough, despite the league being the weakest I’ve seen for years. If e got promotion, this team would get whallopped every week! We need to accept that we are mid table at best and put in a strategic plan to improve in the longer term. 

I for one one would prefer to see a team playing football, on the ground and do away with this kick and hope nonsense we get served up by the current management team.

Mid table but good to watch would be bonus after what we’ve seen for nearly two seasons.

Very very disappointing to see the result today and read the comments above.

I have always been "glass half full" in my outlook to this season - and whilst we are in with a shout of the play offs well that was the target that was set of Andy.

It is just mid-Feb, and the table does not make pretty reading - I think the top 3 are not catchable - Dorking, Haringey and Tonbridge (assuming they win their game in hand) - as we are 3 wins behind them with just 11 to play.

There are then 9 teams in my view that are fighting for the final 2 spots - and 5 out of our next 6 matches are against these top 11 teams. 

Like other posts, I don't get the formation change, but also ..

- why are Mulley and Ibe not starting - has Karl's loan ended?

- we are SO short of defenders now, without even one on the bench today - had we had an injury then we would have to reshuffle the line up 

- any updates on Joe? This is the 2nd time he has pulled out within an hour of kick off?

The cup final will be a great day (evening) out ... but play offs was the target, or getting close to them - and unbelievably we are in danger of being out of contention in February! In a season when we have a very strong line up on paper, and the league is "relatively" weak.

I am very concerned ....

The League Cup may be very shiny, but it is otherwise a waste of space. ETFC should be plying their trade in the National South. I firmly believe that that is the level a club of our size and stature should be at. The trouble is: we've got to earn the right to play in that league. I do not care about the League Cup. If Andy doesn't get ETFC into the play-offs this season then he has failed and should be replaced. He has repeatedly shown a lack of tactical nous - or even a willingness to accept that he might be wrong. At this point in time I do not believe that AL is the right person to manage ETFC. If he'd had Town playing attractive, entertaining football but simply not had the rub of the green or been blighted by injuries, then I might have been able to forgive the lack of consistent league form. I'm afraid the board are going to have to take some decisive action within the next few weeks.

Two years ago, CC, I said that I heard from a very reliable source, within the non-league circle that although AL talks up a good talk he could be arrogant especially when being given advice by others. At the same time I also wrote that I would have personally preferred any one of the two other remaining applicants who had experience of higher leagues. In no uncertain manner I was taken to task by many on this forum giving a different view. To which I accepted them being in the majority.

But nearly two season on I can now say, with all honesty, that I am sad that what I was told then has over the period of time been proven to be correct. Also CC I have to concur with the sentiments of your last sentence especially as I have made the same suggestion several times over the past few weeks. We will just have to wait and see.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

10 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

although AL talks up a good talk he could be arrogant 

Absolutely! I'm fed up attempting to talk to him. Every other manger we've had was happy to chat. Andy always gives the impression that he's too busy up his own jacksy. and that we're just unworthy plebs.

Can't wait to get rid of him.

Getting into the playoffs would be great if we were playing promotion style football.... bumbling our way into a below par play offs playing this type of football has no interest to me... promotion with this team and manager would be an embarrassment... we would need ten new players all on contracts which we can’t afford.... 

11 minutes ago, Theodopolous said:

Getting into the playoffs would be great if we were playing promotion style football.... bumbling our way into a below par play offs playing this type of football has no interest to me... promotion with this team and manager would be an embarrassment... we would need ten new players all on contracts which we can’t afford.... 

Spot on Theo. I've actually stopped trying to encourage friends, neighbours and colleauges to watch because of the embarrassment factor. Instead, football conversations revolve around what a masochist I am watching such drivel.