Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch v EnfieldTown

seemgee

I know the manager is held in high regard by the board but I wonder if that is because he doesn't take a wage which had enabled the club to put together the squad of players we have now.

I listened to Andy yesterday from the side and quite frankly there was no positive encouragement coming from him only throwing his arms in the air looking at his watch or continually moaning at Bill for not holding the ball up.!!!!

The encouragement was coming from Steve and Mario.,and Mario telling the lads to get the ball down and play.

Only problem for 80mins they didn't listen.IMO Andy talks the talk but he can't walk the walk and incidentally what has he ever won as  Manager.?

Should we bring Bradley back ?  George Borg ?

ive said it before we play better with the ball on the ground

correct me if im wrong  AL is seen standing around with no encouragement  sounds like  SN he did that a lot  and used the dugout to lean on !!!

On 13/08/2017 at 21:54, Theodopolous said:

. THAT WAS NOT AN ENFIELD TEaM yesterday. ( by WF4)

Yes it was ... that is our team and I hope they don't read the negative comments on here ... 

Only in jest Theo, but remember admonishing me for my negative thoughts. I am glad we have now met in the middle.

Like you, my views have always been based on what was put before me.  Unfortunately then, I was more less forgiving than some others. 

12 hours ago, behind-the-goal said:

Absolutely! I'm fed up attempting to talk to him. Every other manger we've had was happy to chat. Andy always gives the impression that he's too busy up his own jacksy. and that we're just unworthy plebs.

BTG, try shaking his hand after a game, especially if he's lost. Not a pleasant experience.  

I said recently now we are two years down the line I hope someone will heed what is being said by the majority on this forum. 

We will just have to wait and see what happens and hope we will have more good days than bad before the season ends. But don't hold your breath.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

6 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Only in jest Theo, but remember admonishing me for my negative thoughts. I am glad we have now met in the middle.

I thought at the time 4WF that Andy had a tough beginning starting from scratch and to stabilise the club early last season was a fair job.... the players are better now but the football hasn’t really improved .... you were proved right with your early comments but I did try to give him a chance....

15 hours ago, behind-the-goal said:

Absolutely! I'm fed up attempting to talk to him. Every other manger we've had was happy to chat. Andy always gives the impression that he's too busy up his own jacksy. and that we're just unworthy plebs.

Can't wait to get rid of him.

The last bit seems like a good description to me ????

Interesting suggestion, but what are his credentials, previous management and coaching experience. These are only the core considerations. There are others, ie. what reaction would the players have?

If things continue as they I would accept an interim manager to see us through to the end of the season. By which time we hope the Board would have found a way out of our dilemma and come up with a solution.

One must accept that on the other hand it could be that they don't feel that there is one and in their eyes our views are in the minority. Quite an understandable position to take whilst support levels remain fairly static and there is still a chance of reaching the play-offs. Consequently, like some others they may feel that the type of football we should be playing is purely semantic. 

Consequently, unless we see a change in our approach on the field we, with like minds , will have to keep putting our view forward 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals