Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Velocity Trophy? Meh...

behind-the-goal

This season has been a boring disaster. Who gives a flying one if we win "The-trophy-that-changes-its-name-every year-or-so"?

There have been two sublime moments at Donkey Lane: the play-off semi-final (due to the sensational unfolding of the game and the unbelievable release of tension after the penalty shoot-out).

And the 8-2 against Beveran (due to their wonderful supporters and the incredible atmosphere).

Nothing has come close to those two moments. Utter boredom from Andy Leese is the norm (and whatever he says to the opposite, he's dreadful at relating to us fans).

18 minutes ago, behind-the-goal said:

Actually, player-wise, I should exempt Mo from my "utter boredom" comment: he's been wonderful! And I'll also exempt Mickey, because Mickey is Enfield, heart and soul!

I don't blame the players at all! This is probably the strongest squad ETFC has ever had. The likes of Bricknell, Youngs, Greene, Parcell, Faal, Wright, Hatton, Chaney...would get into most starting line-ups at this level. Its the way the side is set up that is the problem.

14 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

I don't blame the players at all! This is probably the strongest squad ETFC has ever had. The likes of Bricknell, Youngs, Greene, Parcell, Faal, Wright, Hatton, Chaney...would get into most starting line-ups at this level. Its the way the side is set up that is the problem.

Crowing Cockerel: you're right. I agree with you. Maybe what i should have said is that Mo and Mickey have stood out DESPITE being managed by Andy. 

So are we back to giving Andy the tin tac again this week ??? 

You Townies make me smile ????

Archived