Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Bognor Regis Town

littlehampton

The Bostik League Premier Division season is now entering the final stages, but there is still plenty to play for, not least for The Town who are on the cusp of the play off places.

After our vital away win, and three huge points last weekend, Town play a massive ' must win six-pointer' league match against Bognor at The Queen Elizabeth Stadium this Saturday.

Matches against 'The Rocks' are always close exciting encounters. Back in December, Town picked up a 1-2 away win in a hard, very competitive match at Nyewood Lane, Bognor, after coming from behind at the interval. Town are now 5th in the Table, three points and +9 goal difference ahead of 'The Rocks' in 9th place, so all to play for this weekend. Another very tight game in prospect!

There's a way to go yet, but timing is everything, and Town have started to hit form at the right time. Don't miss this enthralling contest. There's no Premier League action this weekend, so if you live locally and are a Arsenal or Spurs fan, why not come and enjoy some non-league action, and cheer on your local team as they push on for a place in this seasons play offs. Let's hear it for The Town! COYT

Good luck everyone!  See you there.

This season Town have fared pretty well against Sussex based Bostik League Premier Division clubs, and have chalked up wins against Burgess Hill, Worthing, Bognor, and Whitehawk last weekend.

Tomorrow we lock horns again with Bognor, another ambitious play off chasing club, in front of what is expected to be an above average, decent size crowd. The Rocks are well supported, so they will bring a good number of fans to the match. It should be a great atmosphere, and the Town Ultras, who have given our players fantastic vocal support, both home and away this season, have a major role to play. We really need them, and everyone else supporting the Town, to turn up the volume and lift our players (and the roof!) throughout this match, to make home advantage count!

Well respected Bognor Manager Jack Pearce will have rallied his troops for this match, and stressed the  importance of getting something from the game. Town need a high-energy performance, match their determination, and be up for the challenge. We need to win!  COYT

Hard to expect too much from either team yesterday and I am sure many will say a draw was a fair result.

It is hard to make critical comments of any one in the circumstances but I was surprised to see Blackman walk out as Captain. 

Also I am sure that my next observation may annoy many but for me the game changer was their first goal. This resulted from a complete lack of concentration shown by our captain when he allowed them to take two identical free kicks without changing his position. After being caught by their first free kick he remained on the by line, waving his arms about, and allowed them to pass over the same 15 yards to an unmarked  player who duly scored, having just had a practice try. I say this because there is more in being captain than just tearing around the field and diving in. 

What annoyed me most is that  the weather conditions played no part in his complete unawareness to what was happening around him. Before they took the second kick I mentioned to others that unless he adjusted his defensive position they were going to score. If, however, he held his position upon instructions from the bench then what can one say. 

Taafe was way ahead of anyone on the pitch as he showed how to play the conditions and I was surprised to see him replaced. Also in such a strong wind there was more to his free kick than, as suggested, just wind assisted. Obviously the official "twitterer"  has not tried kicking a dead ball in such circumstances.

Fortunately, we are still in with a strong chance.  At least three play off positions are still up for grabs and hopefully some of the injured will be fit next week. We will need a good squad at Haringey if we are to take advantage of their current lapse. Once again the management will have to make some serious decisions, similar to last week, regarding who plays. Lets hope they choose right.

Thanks for your posting Andy, couldn't agree more. Hope you're all having a great time in Cyprus.
For the hardy souls who turned up for this match (attendance 418), they saw a very closely contested contest, with plenty of chances at both ends, played in drab conditions, with swirling gale-force wind, which made the game a bit of a lottery from start to finish. Allowing for the very difficult conditions, I thought the quality of play, from both teams, was a credit to the Bostik League Premier Division.
Towns line-up was deleted by the absence of Joe Wright, Mo Fallah, Sam Youngs, all injuries, and Micky Purcell, one match suspension.
As you might imagine, this was a very entertaining 3-3 six-goal thriller, and the atmosphere throughout was brilliant. People most certainly got value for money!
It was a match which could have gone either way, but a draw was a fair result, and the only disappointment is that we didn't win. But it certainly wasn't for lack of trying!
You missed a good match, but you can't be in all places at once. Enjoy that lovely hot sunshine while you can!  I'm off to Tenerife next weekend. It's got to be done!

I have just picked up on a bit of interesting news from the Bostik League website that some people may not be aware of. With hindsight, it is interesting to note, that the young Bognor goalkeeper Petar Durin, who played in yesterdays match, is on loan to The Rocks from Portsmouth, and is in fact the Croatian under 18 international goalkeeper. Hey, hey, didn't we do well to put three past him!!

4 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Hard to expect too much from either team yesterday and I am sure many will say a draw was a fair result.

It is hard to make critical comments of any one in the circumstances but I was surprised to see Blackman walk out as Captain. 

Also I am sure that my next observation may annoy many but for me the game changer was their first goal. This resulted from a complete lack of concentration shown by our captain when he allowed them to take two identical free kicks without changing his position. After being caught by their first free kick he remained on the by line, waving his arms about, and allowed them to pass over the same 15 yards to an unmarked  player who duly scored, having just had a practice try. I say this because there is more in being captain than just tearing around the field and diving in. 

What annoyed me most is that  the weather conditions played no part in his complete unawareness to what was happening around him. Before they took the second kick I mentioned to others that unless he adjusted his defensive position they were going to score. If, however, he held his position upon instructions from the bench then what can one say. 

Taafe was way ahead of anyone on the pitch as he showed how to play the conditions and I was surprised to see him replaced. Also in such a strong wind there was more to his free kick than, as suggested, just wind assisted. Obviously the official "twitterer"  has not tried kicking a dead ball in such circumstances.

Fortunately, we are still in with a strong chance.  At least three play off positions are still up for grabs and hopefully some of the injured will be fit next week. We will need a good squad at Haringey if we are to take advantage of their current lapse. Once again the management will have to make some serious decisions, similar to last week, regarding who plays. Lets hope they choose right.

I can assure you that what happened with the Bognor free kick and goal was extremely frustrating for the coaching staff who have had Bognor watched and worked on positions for free kicks around the area.

Sadly the work carried out during training sessions during the week was not carried out by our skipper on that occasion.

imo kezie had a very poor game in  the second half why o why didn't he shoot when billy put him through . no he just played it back to billy with two defenders on him that was just one of his many miss chances .... again why o why cant we play football one the f***ing ground  strong wind we boot it as high as we can and watch it come back twice as quick !!!! let me guess in training the play it on the ground but forget how to do it on  match day

totally agree with you 4wf it was a repeat of there first try if at first you don't succeed play the town they will let you do it again !!!!!!! 

Archived