Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
seemgee

Kingstonian v Enfield Town

Team

Wright, Parcell,  Porter, Johnson (capt),  Payne, Rumens, Taafe,  Youngs, Bricknell,  Davison, Mulley

Subs

Hatton, Chaney, Ibe, Sayoud, Nolan

Town 1 down after 30 mins

MTH - MW out with an ankle injury according to report last week.

COME ON THE TOWN - 45 minutes to get at least 2 goals to win and keep us with a chance of the play offs .. 

2 down 50 mins

2-1 Rumens 76 mins

Kingstonians first win in the league since 05.01.19 .,14 matches as Town go down 2-1

Posted (edited)

I will be interested in reading supporters posts tonight.  

Although Seemgee's previous summation possibly says it all. The "K"'s have now completed the double over us and we slide into 11th place.!!!!!! The second lowest position in five years. 

Having followed the Bostik league live scores this afternoon it was interesting to see that two of AL's rejects, Whiteley and Adams were amongst the scorers this afternoon. Also our old friend Liam Hope who it is possible will be playing against EFTC next year.

LS your observation on the league position of Cheshum, in AL's last two seasons with them, obviously suited those who offered him the manager's job of our club. Which says a lot for their aspirations

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I have not been one of those calling for the manager to go on this forum and only a few weeks ago I was feeling optimistic that we would make the play offs. What is now clear from our recent capitulation is that we can play well in patches but don't have that essential ingredient I would identify as a 'winning mentality'.

I hate to think of the impact on the Club's finances and development due to the absence of a decent FA cup / trophy run and play off run in. I would have accepted one or two out of three but certainly not none. We have lost our momentum as a Club and need to recover it quickly. I feel for those who put so much effort into this Club off the field. and the loyal supporters. The manager has to accept responsibility.

Posted (edited)

Theo in an obtuse sought of way I have all along hoped that I would be proved wrong. I have even turned down a visit to Sussex over the Easter period so that I wouldn't miss what should have been the culmination of our cementing our place in the play-offs.  

Mathematically we could still do it that is assuming pigs can fly. Also I don't think AL's accepts that our predicament is anything to do with him. More that of the players and as a result I think he will hang on. In addition, I not sure whether all the Board agree in our wish for change.

We can only wait and see and then each supporter can decide for themselves what they want to do.

55,I completely emphasise with your remarks especially regarding those who give so much of their time to the club. But in truth I have been a strong critic of this manager right from the beginning and therefore I am not really surprised that we are where we are. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals
To add a further reply

Posted (edited)

I can understand that Andy. It will fetch more money than the football. They are already thinking of offering AL manager for life so long as Theo does his strip before each home game.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Another disappointing result. The above observation about 18th and 11th finishes in the two seasons under the current manager depends on getting some points from the last four games. If we don't it could easily be 18th and 14th or even 15th, and that certainly would not be progress.

I also note other observations about how the budget has increased under the current manager. I recall a post on this forum when he was appointed (can't remember if it was an ETFC person or an outsider offering some advice) but the post suggested that his ability to get budgets increased on a regular basis was well known. So maybe we shouldn't be too surprised at this aspect.

When he was appointed, it was under difficult circumstances with basically an entire team leaving with the departing manager. I suspect that it created a fair degree of goodwill to a manager having to deal with this so close to a new season. I also sense that much of that goodwill has dissipated.

Being 12,000 miles away I get little value for my membership, other than to get up in the early hours of Sunday mornings to hopefully see a good result emerging. All I am seeing is inconsistency - some really good results (particularly early on) mixed with some dire ones. What the Board does about it is, in my mind, largely connected with how ambitious they are. As it stands, I can only see a mediocre future. This season offered a great opportunity with no one team standing out at the beginning.  It's an opportunity lost.

I will continue to renew my membership.

Just an observation. It wasn't the first time a manager has left a club and taken most of his loyal players with him and it certainly won't be the last. It happens in non league football. It's what happens afterwards that counts and I don't think it's worked out here at ETFC. 

Posted (edited)

What a well balance narrative of the past 2 years from "Wilson" especially from someone so far away. I can appreciate his frustration for, in a small way,  during the period of my incapacity I too look forward to reading the posts on this forum and welcome every result in our favour. But the core of his comment I feel reflects a what a lot have been saying especially with regard to the Board.

I believe the post to which he is referring was from a Cheshum follower.  It was subsequently judged to be invalid because of alleged personal differences between him and our new manager. As a result he became persona non grata on this forum. 

Once again Andy makes a valid point to which I completely agree. This phenomenon is not unigue to football but in every walk of life.

7 hours ago, wilson said:

See post above.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals