Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Velocity Cup Final

seemgee

Well done to everyone involved ... a great evening and a performance to match... Josh was excellent justifying the managers decision to start him... nice to say we were the better team by a mile ...great support from the young towners... let’s enjoy this then start planning for next season...

Very enjoyable match tonight (never mind the traffic and the various magic roundabouts)!!

Thought we played some good football at times and was very impressed with the work rate of Davison in particular, who ran his socks off and made life difficult for the Hornchurch defenders every time he was near the ball. Youngs as skilful as ever in midfield - he really is a good player. 

Yes, we have under-achieved in the league, but we only have to look at Braintree to see what can happen to a team that gains promotion when perhaps they are not ready for it. 

ETFC is far more than just the first team. I've had the pleasure the last 2 Saturday mornings of watching the ETFC disability squad train, and I watched the ladies 1st team play some very attractive football last Sunday afternoon. I'm very proud to be a member of the club, even more so with a new trophy to be added to the honours board. Looking forward to seeing that in the bar next season.

I agree with Steph's post. The team/squad has improved incrementally the last 2 seasons. I take little notice of the negativity on this forum. I suspect the manager and players don't bother reading it and I don't blame them. You have to be thick skinned to be a success in this game. Everybody has an opinion. Let's have some  positive posts congratulating the team, coaching and management staff and all the directors!!!

A really pleasing performance full of intensity, and at times some decent football played by Town - Parcell a deserved MoM and he really set the tone with the energy and intensity he started the game with (although getting booked so early was probably a bit rash). All players worked really hard for the cause, looked to move the ball quickly and really did the club proud. On another day, with some less wasteful finishing (from Youngs, Davidson and Bricknell), the scoreline could easily have been 5-1.

...the frustrating thing for me is that we can raise our game to play like that for a one off performance, but seemingly can't string together a showing like that for more than 2 or 3 league games at a time. That for me is the biggest problem that needs to be addressed going forwards, we've shown what a good squad Andy has assembled, and what a good side we can be when we have the right approach to the game (and all that with a fair few regulars out cup tied or injured), but we have to do it much more consistently if we want to kick on in the league.

All that said, I'm thoroughly proud to be a Towner today, and a big shout to the Ultras who didn't stop signing all night ?

I’m certainly going to enjoy this victory and performance but I’m definitely not going to let it cloud my judgement... the development of our club ON the field will dictate the development off the field...it’s a bit like Brexit... those who think we will progress with the status quo and those who think The club will grow with change...it seems 50/50 on here and as with anything time will tell....

22 hours ago, behind-the-goal said:

Right, we've won the Mickey Mouse Cup. Fine. Can we get rid of Andy Leese now please!

Any supporter that was there last night could see what it meant to the supporters and the team to win that trophy,  I certainly didn't feel like the team were playing for a 'Mickey Mouse' cup. Superb all round team performance, thought Davison was fantastic up front, thoroughly deserved his goal, he was my MoM but won't argue too much because Parcell was superb as well. Also thought Rumens had a really good game at the back, he had his hands full with their 9, but coped well and marshalled the defence all night. Totally agree with Stephs comment. Well done to Andy, Mario and all the staff. Last point, thought it was a real touch of class by Hornchurch to do a guard of honour when the team went to get their medals. My respect.

Still buzzing from Wednesday night - a creditable achievement to win this Trophy, well done to Andy and his management team, the players, and everybody behind the scenes who work so hard at our fan owned club to make nights like that happen. 

Most pleased for the supporters who deserve this - its not always been pretty this year but we all enjoyed this one.

I was so wrapped up with the presentation of the trophy that I missed the Hornchurch guard of honour mentioned above - well done to them, touch of class.

Archived