Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Carshalton Athletic

seemgee

There is something intrinsically wrong with this ETFC side. A frailty and fragility which AL seems unable to remedy. I mean, he must accept that there's something wrong, surely?!

He put this team together. Given that the Board are clearly not going to do what the majority of this fans-owned club want, its up to AL to fix this problem.

41 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

There is something intrinsically wrong with this ETFC side. A frailty and fragility which AL seems unable to remedy. I mean, he must accept that there's something wrong, surely?!

He put this team together. Given that the Board are clearly not going to do what the majority of this fans-owned club want, its up to AL to fix this problem.

Apart from sacking himself I’m not sure what else our manager can do... he obviously isn’t going to resign and the board haven’t got the balls to sack him and he obviously hasn’t got a clue how to stop the rot so we either go and suffer this bollox or we go shopping... I know what I’d rather do... Primark here I come 

A pitiful crowd witnessed a pitiful performance by a pitiful manager. TIme to go Mr.Leese. The board have stuck by you and in return, you should resign your position today. It hasn't worked and giving you another season will alienate the fans and the club. Give Mario, Steve and Ed the final three games, it may get a few people back through the turnstiles. 

I know that our friend Steph1 doesn't much like statistics very much but this years results compared with last year, allowing for the number of games played, show only a small improvement. Especially as our hopes were raised with a higher standard of playing personnel. 

Whether you like it or not taking into account the increased expenditure and that, as some supporters have said this is a relatively easier league, then AL's new squad have in fact produced very little more over last year.

One can only conclude that if AL puts together, in name, a better squad next year it would require even more investment. This would be a risk as it will still leave us wondering if he is in fact up to the job of managing at the level we require. To ignore this consideration is to put your head in the sand.

It is going to be another interesting Summer. We will have to wait and see what direction is taken.

For Steph....to paraphrase what Napoleon said, " He may be a good leader but is he lucky?". I am afraid in my eyes AL fails on both accounts.

Any manager worth his salt know exactly how to hurt us... soak up the pressure ... wait till we are scattered all over the place then break with pace... we were all over the place again at the back.... the look on the players faces when the goals went in said it all... looking at each other not knowing who to blame.... thank god there are only three games to go.. 

1 hour ago, Theodopolous said:

Apart from sacking himself I’m not sure what else our manager can do... he obviously isn’t going to resign and the board haven’t got the balls to sack him and he obviously hasn’t got a clue how to stop the rot so we either go and suffer this bollox or we go shopping... I know what I’d rather do... Primark here I come 

Call an EGM and put your point across.

Waiting for someone to come on here and make excuses for Mr. Leese, tell us how he needs to be given more time.

My crystal ball tells me that the Board don't have the balls to sack him. So, we're in for more of this tripe until Christmas when suddenly there will be complete and utter panic at the threat of relegation, falling attendances and player unrest.

Having watched our manager's interview following the Velocity Cup win during the week its clear that he thinks the fans should be delighted at the season we've had: "There aren't very many cups you can win at this level!" He's right about that, but it does not make up for being dumped out of the FA Cup by lower league opposition, failure in the FA Trophy, and a season of abject home performances in the league.

2 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

Any manager worth his salt know exactly how to hurt us... soak up the pressure ... wait till we are scattered all over the place then break with pace... we were all over the place again at the back.... the look on the players faces when the goals went in said it all... looking at each other not knowing who to blame.... thank god there are only three games to go.. 

OR we just play normally and give the ball away at will or kick the ball over the forwards head so the defence don't have to work too hard  or forget all they were told in training and just give up on the first whistle

bring back George and Brad