Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
seemgee

Enfield Town v Carshalton Athletic

Team

Wright, Parcell,  Porter, Johnson, Payne, Rumens, Taafe, Youngs, Bricknell, Davison, Chaney

Subs

Hatton, Greene, Ibe, Sayoud, Mulley

0-0 at HT 

Joe saves a penalty just before the whistle.

Ottaway scores for Athletic 48 mins 0-1

Town 2 down 50 mins

Third goal in 10 mins 0-3  57 mins

1 minute ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

CC, you must know the answer to that. I see Whiteley is on the score sheet again at P bar.  OH well.  

(You mean Darnell Wynter, I think. Corey Whitely went off to play in the National League.)

Stupid me,of course your right CC. My only excuse is that I'm so mesmerised by our performance I'm completely befuddled!!!!!!! I will have a little lay down with an ice pact when I get back. I just can't take all this excitement week after week.

FT 0-3

att 378

Glad I’ve stopped going I couldn’t take much more of the poor fare on offer, a cup final win against a poor Hornchurch team only papered over the cracks,I do salute the 378 who were willing to put themselves through more of the usual dross though

There is something intrinsically wrong with this ETFC side. A frailty and fragility which AL seems unable to remedy. I mean, he must accept that there's something wrong, surely?!

He put this team together. Given that the Board are clearly not going to do what the majority of this fans-owned club want, its up to AL to fix this problem.

41 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

There is something intrinsically wrong with this ETFC side. A frailty and fragility which AL seems unable to remedy. I mean, he must accept that there's something wrong, surely?!

He put this team together. Given that the Board are clearly not going to do what the majority of this fans-owned club want, its up to AL to fix this problem.

Apart from sacking himself I’m not sure what else our manager can do... he obviously isn’t going to resign and the board haven’t got the balls to sack him and he obviously hasn’t got a clue how to stop the rot so we either go and suffer this bollox or we go shopping... I know what I’d rather do... Primark here I come 

A pitiful crowd witnessed a pitiful performance by a pitiful manager. TIme to go Mr.Leese. The board have stuck by you and in return, you should resign your position today. It hasn't worked and giving you another season will alienate the fans and the club. Give Mario, Steve and Ed the final three games, it may get a few people back through the turnstiles. 

I know that our friend Steph1 doesn't much like statistics very much but this years results compared with last year, allowing for the number of games played, show only a small improvement. Especially as our hopes were raised with a higher standard of playing personnel. 

Whether you like it or not taking into account the increased expenditure and that, as some supporters have said this is a relatively easier league, then AL's new squad have in fact produced very little more over last year.

One can only conclude that if AL puts together, in name, a better squad next year it would require even more investment. This would be a risk as it will still leave us wondering if he is in fact up to the job of managing at the level we require. To ignore this consideration is to put your head in the sand.

It is going to be another interesting Summer. We will have to wait and see what direction is taken.

For Steph....to paraphrase what Napoleon said, " He may be a good leader but is he lucky?". I am afraid in my eyes AL fails on both accounts.

Any manager worth his salt know exactly how to hurt us... soak up the pressure ... wait till we are scattered all over the place then break with pace... we were all over the place again at the back.... the look on the players faces when the goals went in said it all... looking at each other not knowing who to blame.... thank god there are only three games to go.. 

First home game I have missed when I didn't have another commitment.  Our home form has been abysmal this season. This is now getting very worrying. 

1 hour ago, Theodopolous said:

Apart from sacking himself I’m not sure what else our manager can do... he obviously isn’t going to resign and the board haven’t got the balls to sack him and he obviously hasn’t got a clue how to stop the rot so we either go and suffer this bollox or we go shopping... I know what I’d rather do... Primark here I come 

Call an EGM and put your point across.

If it takes me to point out to the club that the majority of supporters are sick of watching this rubbish and want change that is very very worrying.... it also suggests that without me calling for an EGM the board are unaware of the supporters feelings.... 

Waiting for someone to come on here and make excuses for Mr. Leese, tell us how he needs to be given more time.

My crystal ball tells me that the Board don't have the balls to sack him. So, we're in for more of this tripe until Christmas when suddenly there will be complete and utter panic at the threat of relegation, falling attendances and player unrest.

Having watched our manager's interview following the Velocity Cup win during the week its clear that he thinks the fans should be delighted at the season we've had: "There aren't very many cups you can win at this level!" He's right about that, but it does not make up for being dumped out of the FA Cup by lower league opposition, failure in the FA Trophy, and a season of abject home performances in the league.

2 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

Any manager worth his salt know exactly how to hurt us... soak up the pressure ... wait till we are scattered all over the place then break with pace... we were all over the place again at the back.... the look on the players faces when the goals went in said it all... looking at each other not knowing who to blame.... thank god there are only three games to go.. 

OR we just play normally and give the ball away at will or kick the ball over the forwards head so the defence don't have to work too hard  or forget all they were told in training and just give up on the first whistle

bring back George and Brad  

I notice the players are quick to big themselves up on twitter but when the sh*t hits the fan nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately some will believe it's been a good season because of the cup win. This is a cup which some have said in the past that it was a 'Mickey Mouse' tournament which didn't mean anything, especially when we we were knocked out. 

It hasn't been a good season but it hasn't been a bad season as we have won a competition. There are people who do not accept the significance of that result, claiming it is a "Mickey mouse cup". It is a cup entered by 62 teams all of which would have liked to win it and we did!

There are those who consider that the opposition were not up to it but Hornchurch soundly beat us only a few weeks earlier.

Carshalton are a good side led by a type of player who we should have in our forward line, but we do not have such a player. In my view we did have such a player in liam but our manager considered that vision and experience are not qualities that he wants in the side. He prefers the direct approach of Britnell. That approach can work if there are supporting players who can put the ball in the right place for the forward but we do not have that.

So what should the board do?

We have 3 more games against lower league opposition. Like some on here I am seriously considering not going. (Certainly if the weather is warm and I can get the main up this week the I.O.W beckons). We should comfortably win those games and our manager should be looking to trial some of our youngsters or get some players from other clubs to strengthen our midfield and defence. If we do not win all of those games then the manager should be told, "Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish."

If we win those games then the manager should look for some fresher, younger players in the close season and be told that if there is not a good start next season he will be out by end of October.