Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
seemgee

Enfield Town v Carshalton Athletic

I understand where you are coming from Steph and I say well done to you and all the supporters who have watched ETFC on a regular basis both home and away. However, AL should be judged on the season as a whole rather than possibly three wins out of three against lower ranked teams.

We all know that something has to change in readiness for next season but I don't think just bringing in youngsters and new blood from other teams will work unless 'someone'  has a plan of how to get all of them working together as a team. A lot of managers can do this but why can't our's?

I don't think andy is up to this league standard he's ok with the style southern league teams play not this league

Posted (edited)

Steph1,I quite agree with your remark regarding Liam. However, I don't believe that AL or his cohorts believe in having a play maker or two in his set up. From what we have seen his philosophy seems to be much more of a gung-ho approach and very little organisation.

I will be surprised if we will win all three of our last games. Indeed with Potters Bar winning away at Margate and Wynter back to scoring form I think we may be hard pushed to win that one. Also the way we are playing it is to AL's advantage that we only have 3 more games to play. If we still had 7 more games like last year we could have ended up with more losses than the 18 we suffered then. But, as many said, he should not be judge on last year because of the then  prevailing circumstances. The consensus then was that it would be fairer to judge him on the outcome of this season where it was expected to see much more progress.   

I think, from what I read on this Forum and hear from supporters many have now made their judgement.

Finally the suggestion that  discontented members should ask for an EGM of course has his merit but this would only be on one subject. However, a secret postal ballot of members would be preferable as many may be unable to attend an EGM, because of holidays and various other personal reasons. Failing either, the Board will soon be able to judge the general feeling when calling for a renewal of membership, season tickets etc. especially if they decide to remain with the status quo.  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Posted (edited)

Steph1,I quite agree with your remark regarding Liam. I don't believe that AL or his cohorts believe in having a play maker or two. From what we have seen his philosophy seems to be much more of a gung-ho approach and very little organisation.

I will be surprised if we will win all three of our last game s. Indeed with Potters Bar winning away at Margate and Wynter back to scoring form I think we may be hard pushed to win this one. Also the way we are playing it is to AL's advantage that we only have 3, more games to play. If we still had 7 more games to play like last year we could have ended up with more losses than the 18 we suffered then. But, as many said, he should not be judge on last year because of the then prevailing circumstances. The consensus then was that it would be fairer to judge him on the outcome on this season where it was expected to see much more progress.  From what I read on this forum and hear at the ground many supporters have already made their judgement on that score.

Finally MB's suggestion that discontented members should ask for an EGM of course has it's merits. However in my mind, a secret postal ballot of members would be preferable as many are unable to attend an EGM, because of holidays and other various personal reasons.  Disregarding either options the Board will soon be able to judge the general feeling when calling for a renewal of membership, season tickets etc. especially if they are seen to remain with the status quo.  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Are we seriously saying without an EGM the board are clueless to the members feelings... I stand by previous comment about eating my season ticket starkers in the centre circle  if AL is around next season.... it will have to be this years one coz I certainly won’t be renewing it....

4 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

Are we seriously saying without an EGM the board are clueless to the members feelings... I stand by previous comment about eating my season ticket starkers in the centre circle  if AL is around next season.... it will have to be this years one coz I certainly won’t be renewing it....

You'll need a ticket of some kind to get into the centre circle, surely?

1 hour ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

You'll need a ticket of some kind to get into the centre circle, surely?

Fear not! I've already got the underground tunnel plans in hand. We're due to hit the centre circle around, ooh, first home game next season I'd say! 

6 minutes ago, Theodopolous said:

I’ve got the salt and pepper ready but it won’t be needed... I have absolute faith in our board to do the right thing ....

And we've got plans for the second tunnel just in case they don't see sense. Let's just say it exits into the boardroom and the plan involves the Corolina Reaper chilli rather than salt and pepper and leave the rest to the imagination!

47 minutes ago, andyetfc said:

Bit heavy guys.

Yikes! Humour bypass alert! Best ditch the tunnels (geddit?). And DON'T MENTION THE CHILLIES (Phew! Think we got away with it!).

On 13/04/2019 at 17:47, Seaside Towner said:

A pitiful crowd witnessed a pitiful performance by a pitiful manager. TIme to go Mr.Leese. The board have stuck by you and in return, you should resign your position today. It hasn't worked and giving you another season will alienate the fans and the club. Give Mario, Steve and Ed the final three games, it may get a few people back through the turnstiles. 

Your lucky to have 378 people through the door we are fortunate to get half that and we are in a playoff position. 

7 hours ago, andyetfc said:

Not a lot to laugh about really these days.

Chin up Andy (I thought I was supposed to be the miserable one - according to Steph anyway). The era of your namesake can't last forever 😁. One day we'll look back on this period and laugh! (well, maybe not laugh, but we'll break records in terms of the rolling of eyes!) COYT! But also, OYBAL (On yer bike, Andy Leese).

5 hours ago, Sweetnicker said:

Your lucky to have 378 people through the door we are fortunate to get half that and we are in a playoff position. 

The playoffs at step four are a disgrace this season,with 2 playoff winners not getting promoted.Good luck to Cheshunt would be good to see you go up.

2 hours ago, 72wembleyfinal said:

The playoffs at step four are a disgrace this season,with 2 playoff winners not getting promoted.Good luck to Cheshunt would be good to see you go up.

Agreed! Nothing against Cheshunt at all. Good luck guys!