Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Brightlingsea

Steph

I know:-

It was an end of season game with nothing to play for.

The pitch was hard, bobbly and one of the worst we've played on this season.

The wind and cold made it difficult.

....but we still had to travel for 3 hours to get there and back and I don't think what we got from the players yesterday was acceptable at this club. With one or two acceptions I didn't think we looked interested.

So after 2 years of the current project I agree with those saying it's time to move on. It's not been a disastrous season - we've stayed up and Andy can be rightly proud of the Velocity Trophy win - but we could, and should have been so much better. Yes, we were only 3 wins, and a few weeks, off a play off place but the standard of performances, both ours and in this league generally, have been poor this year. I understand, and respect, the opinions of those who think the management should get another chance but fear that we'd be forced into making a difficult decision at a more troubling time come October, with a troubling impact on revenue from reduced supporter numbers.

There are those who've been calling for the manager to be replaced for sometime - with winks and nods towards a board not listening to the fans. I don't believe that to be the case - we all need to remember that our board are all volunteers and the Chairman has full-time employment to fit in so the process of bringing somebody new in is difficult to accommodate.  We're not a full-time outfit. It takes time and I think early in the close season is a better time to consider making that change.

I would have liked to have seen better use made of the U23s. I've watched them on a number of occasions this year and they've been very entertaining. There is a big gap between that and the first team, I fully acknowledge, but Josh for instance has looked a better, stronger player from his recent games (and has the potential to form a good partnership with Billy and/or Mo) - I suspect he might not have got the chance but for enforced injuries. George Quarrington-Carter's performance was also one of the bright spots yesterday - again enforced by injury. Disappointing in recent weeks that we've seen the likes of Ed, Mario and Steve named as substitutes with very little  intention to play - a little more thought in advance could surely have helped to blood some more youngsters into the first team frame, even if they haven't ended up playing.

There weren't too many there yesterday that would have been keen to go to another away game next week had we had one!

Edited by AnfieldTowner

Completely agree, OT. Believe it was Brandon's choice to move on - but would he have made that choice if we'd given him game time? It was, of course, at the time of the season when we were persisting with one up front - never given the opportunity to partner consistently with Billy.

I wonder how the supporters of Hendon felt when they had to travel to Taunton and back? Six hours plus there and back.

Diappointing to read that the performance was unacceptable. Sorry to say this but doesn't that tell you something about what's happening between players and management.

I must say I find your posts are somewhat confusing OT. When writing on the Potters Bar comments you seem to be  giving opinions completely diametrically opposite to this one. On here you are giving support to many things that I have been posting for months. Could it be that there are two of you???? Shall we have a vote on it!!!!!!

Good to see that for both Liam Hope and Harry Ottaway will be playing in the up and coming play-off matches. I am sure Harry would have been great along side Billy B. Perhaps AL forgot to enter him in his little black book.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Nice post Anfield... the end of it echoed what I put about last season playing Hope and Thomas right to the end in six meaningless games instead of giving youngsters six very valuable game time ... it really does show a complete lack of thinking picking Wales and  Noto ... surely if Leese didn’t quite get the point then Mario should have... yes not giving Adams a chance was another awful future planning decision... but they seem to be a common theme....

23 hours ago, old towner said:

God news Guernsey still in bostiik league

I take it you meant GOOD news.

Stifled rumours of financial trouble at the club, and now Jersey are hoping to start flying across.

2 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

I must say I find your posts are somewhat confusing OT. When writing on the Potters Bar comments you seem to be  giving opinions completely diametrically opposite to this one. On here you are giving support to many things that I have been posting for months. Could it be that there are two of you???? Shall we have a vote on it!!!!!!

Good to see that for both Liam Hope and Harry Ottaway will be playing in the up and coming play-off matches. I am sure Harry would have been great along side Billy B. Perhaps AL forgot to enter him in his little black book.

ok no more from me bye