Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prediction Lg Playoffs. 3rd May. Plus some photos

Jago

Well - that was a blow.   Good luck George and Kenzer.  It's been a pleasure.

The play-off semi finals mustered a pathetic 20 goals between the 4 of us.  A good reason we should all probably stay in Div 2, but as there has to be a "winner", here you go...

image.png.76271d385105d89c72a83411cb34b626.png

So yes - yet again it's the two bottom placed qualifiers who qualify for the final.  OH THE UNFAIRNESS OF IT ALLBut well done Lady Jago and Mr West Brom.  (Or Señor Brom del Oeste as he is now know).

So the final will be next week, Sat 4th May, kick off 3pm.  

LANA DEL JAGO (Urchin Queen) v AFC PULISBALL (Dinamo Urchin)

Please predict on this lot:  (it's the battle for the relegation to the Conference National League.

Celta Vigo v Barcelona
Cardiff v Palace
West Ham v Southampton
Swindon v Notts County
Macclesfield  v Cambridge
Att:

Cheers all
JAGO

And here are the 3 happy winners of the trophies....  Wivenhoe with the Autumn League,  Ozz with the Spring League, and Cup of Tea with the Spring Wooden Spoon (not awarded for the Autumn Wooden Spoon for reasons of marital harmony).  Parental permission has been received where appropriate.

wivenhoe winner small.jpg

ozz winner small2.jpg

Simon winner small.jpg

This is great.  Macclesfield have yet to announce the crowd so we don't currently know the winner of the PLg playoff.  You'd think they'd have a little more sense of responsibility to the wider UK community than merely to concentrate on staying in the League.  I've written to David Ruttley, (as you will be well aware he is the right honourable MP for Macclesfield), and am interested to see what he has to say on the matter.

But as it's currently 9-6 to "Lady" Jago, El Dinamo needs an attendance of exactly 2519 or he's out.

I know where my money is.   Good Luck in Div 1 Mrs Jago, and I'm looking forward to a nice easy 6 points next season courtesy of Senor Brom.

As at Monday night the attendance at Macclesfield has still not been announced anywhere!  Tinpot club :)    They are even complaining about it on their fans' forum (oh the research lengths I go to for you lot).  David Ruttley remains silent on the matter.

But my money is still on 'er indoors.

I can't say I wasn't warned.

The Hatted Urchin long foretold that this day would come. 

The elitism.  The corruption.  The Establishment desperate to keep poor Midlanders "in their place" and away from the glory that is Division 1.

But.  To wipe out the entire internet to prevent my accurate prediction of the Macclesfield v Cambridge crowd being known, just so nepotism can prevail?  Who could honestly have predicted that Jago would stoop so low?   It is Trumpian in its audacity and chutzpah.  An affront to the sanctity of this *cough* great institution.

If this is left to stand, then all members are sleepwalking into their own inevitable destruction.   

My word.  I think our very own Jasper Carrot has hit the jackpot.

• In the Psychological Sciences we have the concept of Paranoia.
  • In the Natural Sciences we have the concept of the Tangent.
  • And in the Essex Sciences we have the concept of Talking Bollocks.

Jasper has woven them all into a truly brilliant triumph of paranoid, tangential bollock-speak.     And never mind his own "chutzpah" in coming down here and taking our jobs.  And women. And valued Upminster school places.  (Nb - Disclaimer in case any Pay-by-results lawyers are lurking - I have not researched any of this...  he may simply be a lonely itinerant Mexican in a brown poncho living in a tent outside a Lewes pub for all I know... at least that's how I last remember him).

Anyway - the Macclesfield forum has announced an attendance of 3986 (well it was a big game) - so neither of our two combatants scored any more goals (quelle surprise). And the final score is accordingly confirmed as ...

Lady Jago 9-6 Senor Brom Del Oeste.

And so a debut season in the top flight beckons for 'er Ladyship (Well done Lana), while El Dinamo can look forward to yet another season of futility.  Oh, and paranoid, tangential bollocks.

=   =   =   =   =

In other, more wholesome, news, both Ozz and Wivenhoe Urchin have traded their (theoretical) winnings for free entry next year.  Many thanks to both... so we have raised £120 for Fat Tom's Gin habit the Supporters' Association.  Many many thanks to all.

Jago

ps - bit of a result there for the Spurs!

Archived