Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next season

Interesting that there is a remarkably similar debate to this one on the Hornchurch forum ? !!!

We're all non league fans at heart and just want the best for our club. No point in speculating who's leaving and who's joining. We'll find out soon enough.

I think back to the "old" days when I first worked abroad and waited for a monthly letter from my dad with clippings from the Gazette. Now the same gossip is a mere tweet or post away.

Enjoy the summer everybody, there's plenty of cricket to keep us entertained ? But please renew!!

Very enlightening and positive post B10.

However, for my part  when you refer to non league clubs you forget we are not an ordinary club. Because when the questions is raised about the make up of the team and its administration we get the same mantra, it's the lack of funds. Even the Chairman refers to our not having of a single benefactor.  

Of course what he says is very true but surely that was considered when the concept of forming a community owned club was first discussed. In other words all members have responsibilities.  One of those is to find how to increase revenue. In fact they have to act as joint benefactors. If they want to see the club progress they must be willing to invest more into the club. This is the reality of the situation and is rarely appreciated by members supporters clubs. 

To get members to consider this the Board should ensure that they choose the right person to manage the finances and administration of the team. This, in the eyes of many members, is where they feel the Board has failed and the cause for their reluctance to commit to next season. 

Well .. what an eventful week .. I am on the "Andy in" side of the argument - as the target set was to achieve play offs or be close to. Yes I do think we massively under achieved with the team we had, and given the relative weakness of the league, but we were in with a shout until a few weeks to go.  I have had a number of conversations with him and personally have a lot of time for him.

i cant get to that many games - I think I have done 18 in the season - but as an out of towner do get to see most online afterwards. Can understand the frustration at the poorer performances. The great atmosphere at the Cup Final also makes me think Andy does have support from people not on this forum.

If I was the board I would be publicly setting play offs as an absolute target next season, with an improved playing style also required, given this has been clearly raised by many. And that decisions should be made earlier in the season if this is not being delivered.

I was expecting the squad to largely remain, with mainly the defence in real need of replacements, allowing us to start strongly, and Andy to build on the team he has created.

Seeing three key players walk away from the club immediately at seasons end (including the vice captain that the manager gave his POTY trophy to!) does concern me greatly. Whilst I feel that Andy does deserve another chance next season to finish the job he has started, this was on the basis he could build on the squad he has developed. If he is unable to keep the squad together and it is ripped apart and we are forced to start over again, then I would have to question whether it was in fact time for a change. The blame for back to zero where we were 2 years ago would have to be laid at the doors of the management.

Fingers crossed this does not happen and we can maintain the bulk of the team. Ryan B and Mark W both said on their end of season interviews they would be back next season, and Nathan is a more than acceptable replacement for Joe Yes Joe is a better stopper but his distribution has been very frustrating at times.

Attacking players of the calibre of Bricknell, Faal, Davison, Youngs, Chaney, Taff, Sayoud, Greene playing together for a 2nd season should give us confidence.

Up The Town!

Asking a manager of ALs experience to adapt an improved playing style might be a bit optimistic... if that’s what the board wanted then they should have brought in a manager who finds that style natural... I am very surprised Mickey has gone and I can’t believe it’s about money ... the same with Matt... starting every game... very popular moving to a club which with no disrespect should not be taking our best players..... if many more leave it will obviously be because they find moving anywhere is favourable to playing under our management team which will be very worrying to any potential new signings because word gets around..... But it is what it is and  I certainly won’t be getting excited about the coming season.... hopefully I will the year after....