Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

All gone quiet over there!!!!

The cynic in me could suggest that they are waiting to see the outcome of both Euro finals with both Spurs and Arsenal being involved.If they both win their respective trophies and if everybody is in high spirits, it makes it a little easier to keep the manager for another season doesn't it ? If we'd have got what we wanted, it would have happened by now in my opinion.

You are not a cynic ST. What you say has been also said by many of those chosen to safeguard our interests. Your view is also something being thought by 17.5m with Cons and Labs substituted for Arsenal and Spurs. Anyway what do the Plebs know,  other than decisions are always made by the Patricians*.   

*( Just to showing off my little learning, also in my day you had to know some   Latin to follow for my chosen profession, and confuse you know who!!!!) 

We seem to have this problem every close season, but you know it really is quite simple. The club cannot announce any new signings on non contract because if they do and other clubs with more money than sense offer it to the player concerned, then we stand a good chance of losing the player. Why people are still baffled by this I have absolutely no idea.        However, if you are still confused then please let me know and I will then explain it again in block capitals !!!

GG, I wish you had been around with your extensive knowledge as you would have been a great help in assisting the prepare the five cases I was involved which were put before the House of Lords. ( Supreme Court to you.) So I know a little about contracts.

Just noticed the implication of your initials. Just right for a clever old NAG!!!!

12 hours ago, Green Grass said:

We seem to have this problem every close season, but you know it really is quite simple. The club cannot announce any new signings on non contract because if they do and other clubs with more money than sense offer it to the player concerned, then we stand a good chance of losing the player. Why people are still baffled by this I have absolutely no idea.        However, if you are still confused then please let me know and I will then explain it again in block capitals !!!

Wouldn't be the first time a player had been announced and then gone to another club before pulling on the shirt.

This is part of the trouble with football at this level.Lack of loyalty from players results in a consistantly high turnover .Making it difficult for fans to form bonds with the players who represent their clubs.Football at this level has turned into the bad old days of the premier league,where a couple of teams with the most money can have their pick of any players from any other teams.

I think the FA and leagues at this level need put workable structures in place to maintain more settled squads throughout the season.It's getting to the stage where a rival player can score against you 5 or 6 times a season for various different clubs.

How about.Once a player signs a contract before the start of the season he cannot play for another club (at the same level) until there is a transfer window -say 6 weeks into the season-..Then there should maybe only be one more transfer window just after halfway through the season.

Even at Sunday league level the restrictions on player movement are far stricter than at our level.Something needs to be done because i feel that this constant turnover of players is effecting attendances and the integrity of the leagues.

Point well put Steph and taken. Problem is that most " Blazers" at the  FA and Administrating non league football do not take kindly to criticism or new ideas. In fact the same could be said for most clubs officials and managers who often take a similar stance. But that said it does not stop individual clubs drawing up simple agreements with a nucleus of players who they wish to retain, or sign, for nominal fee. Yes it would incur addition expenses against revenue. But if we are to move forward as a club this will have to be found. Otherwise the events of the past two years will become a bi-annual event. Some how this spiral will have to be broken. 

Several years ago when the Board acquired the long term lease on the QE11 Stadium I suggested the next phase was to invest in a team capable of maintaining its use.  Some of the replies were quite vitriolic but I have not altered my view. The progression of the club is not sustained by the continuation of the status quo. That is why I, with many others, feel the retention of AL and his management shows a lack of ambition. It is causing some members to reconsider their continued  investment in the club. This to me is the most regrettable thing of all. 

Hi guys , sorry to come onto your forum but just got a quick question if you don’t mind. We’ve just lost a decent keeper and got your one in to replace him - do you rate him? 

Cuppa.....I think you have one of the best from the Bostik Prem last couple of seasons.     Great shot stopper......useful at pens, agile, quick off his line and probably many more assets too.   As said previously....our gk's recently seem to have struggled at corners/crosses etc but this is probably more a defensive thing where Town haven't been able to deal with efforts hung up or whipped into the box.

Seems you're going to take alot of quality from Donkey Lane.

Thank you all - seems to be swings and roundabouts with players and investment

I’ve always liked going to Enfield and look forward to going there next season. Still can’t work out how we got a draw there you absolutely pummelled us in the first half 

10 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Point well put Steph and taken. Problem is that most " Blazers" at the  FA and Administrating non league football do not take kindly to criticism or new ideas. In fact the same could be said for most clubs officials and managers who often take a similar stance. But that said it does not stop individual clubs drawing up simple agreements with a nucleus of players who they wish to retain, or sign, for nominal fee. Yes it would incur addition expenses against revenue. But if we are to move forward as a club this will have to be found. Otherwise the events of the past two years will become a bi-annual event. Some how this spiral will have to be broken. 

Several years ago when the Board acquired the long term lease on the QE11 Stadium I suggested the next phase was to invest in a team capable of maintaining its use.  Some of the replies were quite vitriolic but I have not altered my view. The progression of the club is not sustained by the continuation of the status quo. That is why I, with many others, feel the retention of AL and his management shows a lack of ambition. It is causing some members to reconsider their continued  investment in the club. This to me is the most regrettable thing of all. 

I'm sorry to say but nothing will change with players and managers leaving clubs whenever they want. We have all seen players' kissing the badge' and saying this is the club for them. However, not too long after they move on for ££££ or because they fell out of love with the club. Sometimes they come back and make out they shouldn't have gone in the first place.

As usual, it's the supporters who stay the course.

Archived