Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Recommended Posts

Just a thread to keep updated who has agreed terms for next season

https://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/sport/football/non-league/hornchurch-re-sign-eight-players-1-6053443

Re-Signed
Remi Sutton
George Winn
Joe Christou
Jordan Clark
Lewwis Spence
Ronnie Winn
Charlie Stimson

New Signings
Joe Wright - From Enfield
Matt Johnson - From Enfield

Offered Deal - Awaiting Decision
Alex Bentley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I forgot, he's on a contract for another season.

UPDATED

Re-Signed
Remi Sutton
George Winn
Joe Christou
Jordan Clark
Lewwis Spence
Ronnie Winn
Charlie Stimson

New Signings
Joe Wright - From Enfield
Matt Johnson - From Enfield

Offered Deal - Awaiting Decision
Alex Bentley

On Existing Contract
George Saunders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How can you possibly let someone like Alex leave yet retain the garbage that arrived from Waltham Abbey? 

Edited by andydick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really sorry to see Alex go one of our stalwarts spoke to him on presentation evening and he said he wanted to stay but was waiting for offer.Really gutted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’m really gutted Alex has gone. It’s not just Alex, it’s his Mum and Dad also who are the nicest people you can ever meet. All three of them are such lovely people.

In terms of on the pitch, he is an outstanding leader and has Hornchurch in his heart. He’s also a cracking player! You don’t get voted player of the season twice if that’s not the case!

Shame we have no players who have a real Hornchurch connection who have been here for a long time in the squad.

Thanks for everything Alex

Edited by Fat Tom Daley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andydick said:

How can you possibly let someone like Alex leave yet retain the garbage that arrived from Waltham Abbey? 

 

1 hour ago, andydick said:

How can you possibly let someone like Alex leave yet retain the garbage that arrived from Waltham Abbey? 

What a awful statement how many home games did u win before the arrival of this so called garbage? Alex isn’t good enough his mistakes cost us a lot of points plus him walking off the pitch after the white hawk game was nothing more that a disgrace from a captain. Tell me please who you think the garbage is and how the squad was better before they’re arrival coz I’ll go though them one by one with you if you like 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OK, garbage was harsh and unfair (and disrespectful) on the players, but nevertheless in my view I don't think any of the additions, barring Joe, improved the squad.  Whether we would have stayed up with or without those players or with or without Stimson running things we'll never know.

And at the end of the season when you see the likes of Bentley, Lee, Marks and Purcell all depart and compare them with those that have been retained then there really is no comparison.

Alex was a phenomenal player and leader for us.  Your comments about Alex say a whole lot about how much you really don't know about this club !

 

Edited by andydick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fleet side of the bridge said:

 

What a awful statement how many home games did u win before the arrival of this so called garbage? Alex isn’t good enough his mistakes cost us a lot of points plus him walking off the pitch after the white hawk game was nothing more that a disgrace from a captain. Tell me please who you think the garbage is and how the squad was better before they’re arrival coz I’ll go though them one by one with you if you like 

I think you’ll find we went 13 unbeaten at the start of the season and then the so called drought before Stimmo came in that we had was when we played teams that were some of the best in the league. Also I think you’ll find our league position has got worse under Stimmo that it was under Jimmy but obviously most of those players that came in aren’t garbage. Also if they weren’t garbage how comes most of them were only playing Bostik south central before Stimmo took over. The only two players that I think have been good enough we’re either playing at our level or a level above us for the remainder of last season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andydick said:

OK, garbage was harsh and unfair (and disrespectful) on the players, but nevertheless in my view I don't think any of the additions, barring Joe, improved the squad.  Whether we would have stayed up with or without those players or with or without Stimson running things we'll never know.

And at the end of the season when you see the likes of Bentley, Lee, Marks and Purcell all depart and compare them with those that have been retained then there really is no comparison.

Alex was a phenomenal player and leader for us.  Your comments about Alex say a whole lot about how much you really don't know about this club !

 

Ok I can only go on what I’ve seen as can you I’ve seen have Alex play a good bit this season and I’ve seen him have 3 possible 4 good games without making a crucial mistake that lead to a goal. Only time will tell if it’s the right decision at the end of the day we are all supporting the team let’s go and get behind the team and the manager and get promoted next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhys said:

I think you’ll find we went 13 unbeaten at the start of the season and then the so called drought before Stimmo came in that we had was when we played teams that were some of the best in the league. Also I think you’ll find our league position has got worse under Stimmo that it was under Jimmy but obviously most of those players that came in aren’t garbage. Also if they weren’t garbage how comes most of them were only playing Bostik south central before Stimmo took over. The only two players that I think have been good enough we’re either playing at our level or a level above us for the remainder of last season 

Bostick south central didn’t exhaust this time last year they were playing bostick prem and one in the conference south. The players play for the manager and that’s how you get the best out of them only time will tell weather it’s the right decision like I said most of us Thurrock fans are behind the team and want us to do well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is sad to see Alex and some of the others players go as well, but football moves on and next season will tell if the correct decisions have been made. If we have a good season then all will be well and forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aka PeteBeatz said:

Yes it is sad to see Alex and some of the others players go as well, but football moves on and next season will tell if the correct decisions have been made. If we have a good season then all will be well and forgotten.

Could not agree more I’m looking forward to the team having a very strong squad and no one is guaranteed a place makes people hungry. Football is a funny game it’s about opinions and there’s no room room for sentiments I’m afraid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A level head needed here,players come and go unfortunately at this level,players leave for whatever reason,no player is bigger than the club yes we lost some quality players but Stimmo is no fool and well respected in the game and I am sure good quality replacements will be lined up as always looking forward to the new season,(Hope I don't have to eat my words),up the Urchins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree but it’s hard to take when you see (other than Nathan who is still injured) an entire squad taken apart. Admit though it could be an interesting season if the new team gel and we start winning games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the time I've been coming, Alex has been one of the most consistent players that we have had. Genuinely two footed, with more skill than he's given credit for, he has done a great job not only at right back, but also left back, centre back and in midfield when called upon.

I certainly don't think of him as one who has cost us points. I'm sure you could look back over all the videos and say that Callum should have saved/not spilled that; defender "x" was out of position there; midfielder "y" didn't track back there; striker "z" missed an absolute sitter there. He was rightly the Player of the Season and I thought he was one of the few originals from the Jimmy days that would be able to adapt to Stimpsons style.

For me at least, football is more than just winning points. If that was all I cared about, I'd bog off and just watch Man City. Alex and his family were a big part of what made Hornchurch a proper club with good people. We have lost all bar one of the players that got us to this level and a fair few that kept us here having come in. The vast majority were liked not only for what they did on the pitch, but what they did of it also. I'm happy for sentiment to be a part of football.  Without it, the game hs no heart or soul.

The new players coming in need to step up in more ways than one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember when we won the Essex senior league the whole side was disbanded the following season and guess what replaced by Thurrock players and didn't we do well we embraced that ok didnt we ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can’t get over sentimental about players, if you do you end up eventually with an old squad playing in the tenth level of football. Would you still come then and support the team? Think not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally find it hard when we lose players that to me I think of as friends, because not only is it the players but their families as well that have become part of the club. But being sentimental will not win leagues, so we have to stand behind our Directors and manager and move forward and hope it's in the right direction....... COYU'S......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, aka PeteBeatz said:

You can’t get over sentimental about players, if you do you end up eventually with an old squad playing in the tenth level of football. Would you still come then and support the team? Think not.

There is a difference in being sentimental and over sentimental. I was sad Leon McKenzie left, not least because I used to enjoy having a wager in my head each game as to how many times he would get caught offside.  He had scored a bucket full of goals, but it was right that he should leave when he did.

No one is arguing against progression. The pace and scale of the changes are causing concern. The loss of players who are capable at this level is causing concern. 

Equally, come the start of the season we will all be cheering whoever plays in the (hopefully) red and white stripes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the question for me is are we getting rid of players that can play at this level purely for the sake of being able to stamp your own personality on the club? Calum Chaffer is not a has been for example. I want the club to do well, of course I do but there’s a concern there. Having said that I will get behind the club as I always do and it’s true that we are playing more through midfield that we were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

According to the Enfield forum, we are signing Mickey Parcell from them. 

Appearances:
44
Goals scored:
2
Assist
10
Player of the Match
6
Edited by Fat Tom Daley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

×
×
  • Create New...