Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Raingod

Pre season

Recommended Posts

After last pre season where games were off due to dry pitches and the number of games we will have on 4g pitches it's a very good idea to have a game like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grays. Where is their ground now? Didn't it used to share at East Thurrock after the developers got their hands on the town centre site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Groundsharing at Aveley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Friday 12 July FC United of Manchester (home, 7.45pm)
Saturday 20 July Grays Athletic (away - Aveley FC - 3pm)
Tuesday 30 July Barking (away, 7.45pm)
Saturday 3 August Royston Town (home, 3pm)

 

Doesn't feel we are testing ourselves enough so far?

 Glad I am away on the 3rd - don't ever plan to watch Royston again after the FAT exit in 2017!

Edited by Raingod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree with you RG. I know MB will have have an entirely different view to mine, but AL's pre-season aspirations seem to be taking us back to two years ago. It also suggests that the more senior sides do not consider EFTC would be strong enough opposition for them to try out even some of their younger players.

Perhaps it is because AL's infamous "Little Black Book" doesn't contain contacts with coaches of any of the under 21 Academies of some of the Essex or London Football League sides who send teams to play pre-season friendlies with other teams in our league. I would rather see a Brentford, Southend, or Leyton Orient under 21 side who would challenge our squad and at the same time attract more revenue. 

It seems we will have to await six weeks into the actual League matches before knowing if things have improved. But I have to admit to being very apprehensive at the present time. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2019 at 16:17, Raingod said:

Friday 12 July FC United of Manchester (home, 7.45pm)
Saturday 20 July Grays Athletic (away - Aveley FC - 3pm)
Tuesday 30 July Barking (away, 7.45pm)
Saturday 3 August Royston Town (home, 3pm)

 

Doesn't feel we are testing ourselves enough so far?

 Glad I am away on the 3rd - don't ever plan to watch Royston again after the FAT exit in 2017!

Oh I don't know !! Beating FC United of Manchester willl be like knocking over the real thing with you lot ☺☺☺☺

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ETFC Interested Observer said:

People moaning about pre season friendlies! 

Some of you need to have a break and go and find something else to do for six weeks

 

There's always tennis and cricket, weather permitting of course !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big J R said:

 

There's always tennis and cricket, weather permitting of course !

I could never be that desperate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

Oh I don't know !! Beating FC United of Manchester willl be like knocking over the real thing with you lot ☺☺☺☺

 

Audrey sweetie!

We've missed you! You've always had a way with words, haven't you? You little comedic genius, you! But really darling, haven't you overstepped the mark this time? Why on earth would you want to knock The Real Thing over? What did they ever do to you? We used to love them. And Auds, never forget that as far as I'm concerned you to me are everything.

A flame still burns.

Behind-the-goal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ETFC Interested Observer said:

People moaning about pre season friendlies! 

Some of you need to have a break and go and find something else to do for six weeks

Quite outspoken for only your second post.:490:Have you just got a computer or are you new supporter ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

Quite outspoken for only your second post.:490:Have you just got a computer or are you new supporter ??

Are you only allowed to be 'outspoken' after a certain amount of posts? Let me know how many so i know for next time 👍

Nope! I've just got plenty of other things to do with my time, maybe some others should try it, must get a bit boring sitting on here waiting to moan about something.

But each to their own :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Welcome "Int-Observer", so far as I am aware, as a member you are entitled to put forward your views freely. We do have an arbiter, who we all respect, who steps in some times when posts get a little over the top. But I am sure we all look forward to reading your comments even if, like mine, they do not always receive universal agreement. But it's a good way of letting off steam!!

 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

 We do have an arbiter, who we all respect, who steps in some times when posts get a little over the top. 

 

Hi!

😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Welcome "Int-Observer", so far as I am aware, as a member you are entitled to put forward your views freely. We do have an arbiter, who we all respect, who steps in some times when posts get a little over the top. But I am sure we all look forward to reading your comments even if, like mine, they do not always receive universal agreement. But it's a good way of letting off steam!!

 

Yes welcome, and congratulations, you've had more responses to your third posting than I've ever had to any of mine! :lol4: Still, if I will post shite what should I expect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WXEn8 said:

Yes welcome, and congratulations, you've had more responses to your third posting than I've ever had to any of mine! :lol4: Still, if I will post shite what should I expect?

Quite frankly, this the post of the day! Top man! If I'm being totally honest I should say I'm more of a WD40 man, but always willing to give WXEn8 a go. What exactly do you use it for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, behind-the-goal said:

Quite frankly, this the post of the day! Top man! If I'm being totally honest I should say I'm more of a WD40 man, but always willing to give WXEn8 a go. What exactly do you use it for?

For easing my passage through QEII's tiny turnstiles! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love to be proven wrong.....however 2 players of the year.....now greene     plus mickey....thats 4 key parts of the Town team.

 

Can they be replaced?     

Possibly

However I cant remember seeing many better left wings....right backs....holding midfielders and goalkeepers in past couple of years.

Be very interesting to see how the season starts out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/06/2019 at 18:40, behind-the-goal said:

Audrey sweetie!

We've missed you! You've always had a way with words, haven't you? You little comedic genius, you! But really darling, haven't you overstepped the mark this time? Why on earth would you want to knock The Real Thing over? What did they ever do to you? We used to love them. And Auds, never forget that as far as I'm concerned you to me are everything.

A flame still burns.

Behind-the-goal

If your gonna insult me Lovely Stuff at least have the courtesy to use your main ID You are such a transparent little weasel . Get a life and and an interest away from this website. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, djwilf said:

Love to be proven wrong.....however 2 players of the year.....now greene     plus mickey....thats 4 key parts of the Town team.

 

Can they be replaced?     

Possibly

However I cant remember seeing many better left wings....right backs....holding midfielders and goalkeepers in past couple of years.

Be very interesting to see how the season starts out.

Wow lots of doom and gloom in townie land 😒😒😒😒 Never mind your cup final is coming next season COYA.☺☺☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 1 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...