Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Not Much Activity On The SSML Forum?

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

Good stuff :thumbsup(2):

Karen and others still look at this forum but they just don't seem to post anything but I'm sure they have there reasons?

Come on people get posting don't let this forum die.

I still look at this forum every week but with extra work given to me with the SSML new website and now ensuring results are added on the Non League Matters forum my time is limited however I will try and update this forum when I can.

2 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

I still look at this forum every week but with extra work given to me with the SSML new website and now ensuring results are added on the Non League Matters forum my time is limited however I will try and update this forum when I can.

Good stuff and that's fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2019 at 10:42, Savagebee said:

peterthegreek was also a good poster 

I wouldn't go that far, I always found him a bit odd however he is a very good official

On 09/07/2019 at 22:58, Rebadiah Hongfield said:

I always found Karen to be somewhat of a party pooper on here

Yes, very much so but, to be fair, I think she is a serious person by nature

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, petethegreek said:

I'm still about. ?

Good to see you are still about petethegreek :thumbup(2):

On 02/08/2019 at 10:29, petethegreek said:

I'm still about. ?

Alive and kicking you mean

• 8 months later...

It's all really quiet on the Western Front at present isn't it, infact the silence is deafening, I wonder what it would have been like had the campaign still been in full swing, I'm assuming that Colney Heath would have been crowned Premier Division Champions two or three weeks ago and possibly Old Bradwell United too around about now in Division Two with the amount of games they had in hand. I gather there would have been play offs this season in the Premier Division for the first time ever however the structure of them seemed to be very confusing (see below):

The process was confirmed that, as far as the Spartan South Midlands Leagues was concerned, the club finishing in 2nd place in the Premier Division would be ranked on points per game (then goal difference, then goals scored if required) with the four highest placed Clubs  receiving automatic promotion. The remaining seven second placed Clubs will take part in the Step 4/5 Play Off matches against the seven Clubs finishing in bottom place in each of the Step 4 Divisions. These matches would be on a single match basis at the ground of the Step 4 Club they are drawn against and played to completion on the day. Where possible, the draw for the Play Off matches will be regionalised. The winners of these Step 4/5 Play Off matches will be allocated to Step 4. The Clubs to be promoted from Step 5 will be allocated to the most geographically appropriate division at Step 4. This game was likely to take place on Thursday 30 April or Saturday 2 May – dates to be confirmed. The FA to confirm the draw in due course.

17 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

It's all really quiet on the Western Front at present isn't it, infact the silence is deafening, I wonder what it would have been like had the campaign still been in full swing, I'm assuming that Colney Heath would have been crowned Premier Division Champions two or three weeks ago and possibly Old Bradwell United too around about now in Division Two with the amount of games they had in hand. I gather there would have been play offs this season in the Premier Division for the first time ever however the structure of them seemed to be very confusing (see below):

The process was confirmed that, as far as the Spartan South Midlands Leagues was concerned, the club finishing in 2nd place in the Premier Division would be ranked on points per game (then goal difference, then goals scored if required) with the four highest placed Clubs  receiving automatic promotion. The remaining seven second placed Clubs will take part in the Step 4/5 Play Off matches against the seven Clubs finishing in bottom place in each of the Step 4 Divisions. These matches would be on a single match basis at the ground of the Step 4 Club they are drawn against and played to completion on the day. Where possible, the draw for the Play Off matches will be regionalised. The winners of these Step 4/5 Play Off matches will be allocated to Step 4. The Clubs to be promoted from Step 5 will be allocated to the most geographically appropriate division at Step 4. This game was likely to take place on Thursday 30 April or Saturday 2 May – dates to be confirmed. The FA to confirm the draw in due course.

It is Rhodes.

Well done for keeping this forum going in these strange times.

On 09/07/2019 at 22:58, Rebadiah Hongfield said:

Not the worst news tbh, I always found Karen to be somewhat of a party pooper on here.

I was on twitter for a bit but I tell you what, the arguments! Too much. There's some real fools on there. I'm back on here this season, I'll give it one last go. I've missed it and twitter just wasn't the platform to give my views on players, teams and games I attended. Very sensitive people on there, the staff, the fans and the players. Viva la Forum!

I wonder what happend to Rebadiah Hongfield? I always enjoyed his posts.

Savagebee - Yes, I really liked Rebadiah Hongfield as he always called it as he saw it, he didn't beat about the bush or tread on egg shells around posters, he said Karen was a party pooper which pretty much sums her up doesn't it, she should try to lighten up a bit  more as, afterall, it's only a silly game of football with 22 blokes chasing a piece of leather about a grass or 3G field for ninety minutes, what's  the point of it really.

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, I really liked Rebadiah Hongfield as he always called it as he saw it, he didn't beat about the bush or tread on egg shells around posters, he said Karen was a party pooper which pretty much sums her up doesn't it, she should try to lighten up a bit  more as, afterall, it's only a silly game of football with 22 blokes chasing a piece of leather about a grass or 3G field for ninety minutes, what's  the point of it really.

Yep he had some good inside knowledge of Oxhey Jets FC and Berkhamsted FC (where he used to watch games from one of the flats over looking Berkhamsted FCs ground ? ).

Savagebee - That Smallholder is, or was, an odd poster, he made ten posts in a fairly short space of time and then disappeared as quickly as he came, he appeared to know NeutralFan and also mentioned Kevin Cooper and Ryan Radford

10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - That Smallholder is, or was, an odd poster, he made ten posts in a fairly short space of time and then disappeared as quickly as he came, he appeared to know NeutralFan and also mentioned Kevin Cooper and Ryan Radford

I'm sure Smallholder will post again.

Rendonbodgers? Well it was something like that? Was another decent poster back in the day.

3 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Rendonbodgers? Well it was something like that? Was another decent poster back in the day.

Last on the SSML Forum on September 10, 2019.

This current crisis may well see many 'old-hands' on here fade into obscurity.

Big J R - Well it couldn't really get any worse could it, at present only your good self, Savagebee, Winslow Boy and myself post on a regular basis, very occasionally a certain match Official comes on to give his two pennies worth for what it's worth.

32 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Big J R - Well it couldn't really get any worse could it, at present only your good self, Savagebee, Winslow Boy and myself post on a regular basis, very occasionally a certain match Official comes on to give his two pennies worth for what it's worth.

Two pennies worth is worth two pennies.

Someone should bring back your Quote of the Month competition.