Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Savagebee

Not Much Activity On The SSML Forum?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, petethegreek said:

I'm still about. 🙄

Good to see you are still about petethegreek :thumbup(2):

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2019 at 10:29, petethegreek said:

I'm still about. 🙄

Alive and kicking you mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooh !!!  We're off again !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all really quiet on the Western Front at present isn't it, infact the silence is deafening, I wonder what it would have been like had the campaign still been in full swing, I'm assuming that Colney Heath would have been crowned Premier Division Champions two or three weeks ago and possibly Old Bradwell United too around about now in Division Two with the amount of games they had in hand. I gather there would have been play offs this season in the Premier Division for the first time ever however the structure of them seemed to be very confusing (see below):

The process was confirmed that, as far as the Spartan South Midlands Leagues was concerned, the club finishing in 2nd place in the Premier Division would be ranked on points per game (then goal difference, then goals scored if required) with the four highest placed Clubs  receiving automatic promotion. The remaining seven second placed Clubs will take part in the Step 4/5 Play Off matches against the seven Clubs finishing in bottom place in each of the Step 4 Divisions. These matches would be on a single match basis at the ground of the Step 4 Club they are drawn against and played to completion on the day. Where possible, the draw for the Play Off matches will be regionalised. The winners of these Step 4/5 Play Off matches will be allocated to Step 4. The Clubs to be promoted from Step 5 will be allocated to the most geographically appropriate division at Step 4. This game was likely to take place on Thursday 30 April or Saturday 2 May – dates to be confirmed. The FA to confirm the draw in due course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

It's all really quiet on the Western Front at present isn't it, infact the silence is deafening, I wonder what it would have been like had the campaign still been in full swing, I'm assuming that Colney Heath would have been crowned Premier Division Champions two or three weeks ago and possibly Old Bradwell United too around about now in Division Two with the amount of games they had in hand. I gather there would have been play offs this season in the Premier Division for the first time ever however the structure of them seemed to be very confusing (see below):

The process was confirmed that, as far as the Spartan South Midlands Leagues was concerned, the club finishing in 2nd place in the Premier Division would be ranked on points per game (then goal difference, then goals scored if required) with the four highest placed Clubs  receiving automatic promotion. The remaining seven second placed Clubs will take part in the Step 4/5 Play Off matches against the seven Clubs finishing in bottom place in each of the Step 4 Divisions. These matches would be on a single match basis at the ground of the Step 4 Club they are drawn against and played to completion on the day. Where possible, the draw for the Play Off matches will be regionalised. The winners of these Step 4/5 Play Off matches will be allocated to Step 4. The Clubs to be promoted from Step 5 will be allocated to the most geographically appropriate division at Step 4. This game was likely to take place on Thursday 30 April or Saturday 2 May – dates to be confirmed. The FA to confirm the draw in due course.

It is Rhodes.

Well done for keeping this forum going in these strange times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2019 at 22:58, Rebadiah Hongfield said:

 Not the worst news tbh, I always found Karen to be somewhat of a party pooper on here.

I was on twitter for a bit but I tell you what, the arguments! Too much. There's some real fools on there. I'm back on here this season, I'll give it one last go. I've missed it and twitter just wasn't the platform to give my views on players, teams and games I attended. Very sensitive people on there, the staff, the fans and the players. Viva la Forum!

I wonder what happend to Rebadiah Hongfield? I always enjoyed his posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savagebee - Yes, I really liked Rebadiah Hongfield as he always called it as he saw it, he didn't beat about the bush or tread on egg shells around posters, he said Karen was a party pooper which pretty much sums her up doesn't it, she should try to lighten up a bit  more as, afterall, it's only a silly game of football with 22 blokes chasing a piece of leather about a grass or 3G field for ninety minutes, what's  the point of it really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, I really liked Rebadiah Hongfield as he always called it as he saw it, he didn't beat about the bush or tread on egg shells around posters, he said Karen was a party pooper which pretty much sums her up doesn't it, she should try to lighten up a bit  more as, afterall, it's only a silly game of football with 22 blokes chasing a piece of leather about a grass or 3G field for ninety minutes, what's  the point of it really.

Yep he had some good inside knowledge of Oxhey Jets FC and Berkhamsted FC (where he used to watch games from one of the flats over looking Berkhamsted FCs ground 🙂 ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savagebee - That Smallholder is, or was, an odd poster, he made ten posts in a fairly short space of time and then disappeared as quickly as he came, he appeared to know NeutralFan and also mentioned Kevin Cooper and Ryan Radford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - That Smallholder is, or was, an odd poster, he made ten posts in a fairly short space of time and then disappeared as quickly as he came, he appeared to know NeutralFan and also mentioned Kevin Cooper and Ryan Radford

I'm sure Smallholder will post again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rendonbodgers? Well it was something like that? Was another decent poster back in the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Rendonbodgers? Well it was something like that? Was another decent poster back in the day.

Last on the SSML Forum on September 10, 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This current crisis may well see many 'old-hands' on here fade into obscurity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big J R - Well it couldn't really get any worse could it, at present only your good self, Savagebee, Winslow Boy and myself post on a regular basis, very occasionally a certain match Official comes on to give his two pennies worth for what it's worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Big J R - Well it couldn't really get any worse could it, at present only your good self, Savagebee, Winslow Boy and myself post on a regular basis, very occasionally a certain match Official comes on to give his two pennies worth for what it's worth.

Two pennies worth is worth two pennies.

Someone should bring back your Quote of the Month competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 11:58, Savagebee said:

I'm sure Smallholder will post again.

Savagebee - I believe he's a former player but he just makes me feel a bit uncomfortable that's all, there's something about him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I believe he's a former player but he just makes me feel a bit uncomfortable that's all, there's something about him 

Well he might not post again as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an oldie, I've been on this site for some time.

After the demise of Dorking FC and ill health and age taking it's toll, I still get on here regularly.

 

It seems now only your forum and the Slough Forum have regular posters.

At least it's something to read in these dark spring times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big J R said:

At least it's something to read in these dark spring times.

I thought these dark times might even give this and other forums on fans focus a boost.

You do seem to get a lot of guests and a good few named users looking at the forums on fans focus but they post sod all :432:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

You do seem to get a lot of guests and a good few named users looking at the forums on fans focus but they post sod all :432:

I just like to lurk, never catch me posting on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Big J R said:

seems now only your forum and the Slough Forum have regular posters.

I thought the Hornchurch FC and Enfield Town FC forums on fans focus still got a bit of use? Yes? No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

I just like to lurk, never catch me posting on here

Post more Karen this forum needs you :603:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

I just like to lurk, never catch me posting on here

Loiter with intent you mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sporadic posts on Hornchurch.  Occasionally Enfield, but that's about it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big J R said:

Sporadic posts on Hornchurch.  Occasionally Enfield, but that's about it !

Like the CCL Forum then that used to be a decent forum not so long ago.

Maybe they need to think about getting rid of some of the forums on here like the ones that haven't had any posts in 2020. It would tidy it all up a bit and maybe give more focus to the forums that are still alive and kicking on here:futbolbud2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...