Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Not Much Activity On The SSML Forum?

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 11:58, Savagebee said:

I'm sure Smallholder will post again.

Savagebee - I believe he's a former player but he just makes me feel a bit uncomfortable that's all, there's something about him 

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I believe he's a former player but he just makes me feel a bit uncomfortable that's all, there's something about him 

Well he might not post again as well.

As an oldie, I've been on this site for some time.

After the demise of Dorking FC and ill health and age taking it's toll, I still get on here regularly.

It seems now only your forum and the Slough Forum have regular posters.

At least it's something to read in these dark spring times.

1 minute ago, Big J R said:

At least it's something to read in these dark spring times.

I thought these dark times might even give this and other forums on fans focus a boost.

You do seem to get a lot of guests and a good few named users looking at the forums on fans focus but they post sod all :432:

5 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

You do seem to get a lot of guests and a good few named users looking at the forums on fans focus but they post sod all :432:

I just like to lurk, never catch me posting on here

12 minutes ago, Big J R said:

seems now only your forum and the Slough Forum have regular posters.

I thought the Hornchurch FC and Enfield Town FC forums on fans focus still got a bit of use? Yes? No?

2 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Post more Karen this forum needs you :603:

32 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Loiter with intent you mean

Sporadic posts on Hornchurch.  Occasionally Enfield, but that's about it !

1 hour ago, Big J R said:

Sporadic posts on Hornchurch.  Occasionally Enfield, but that's about it !

Like the CCL Forum then that used to be a decent forum not so long ago.

Maybe they need to think about getting rid of some of the forums on here like the ones that haven't had any posts in 2020. It would tidy it all up a bit and maybe give more focus to the forums that are still alive and kicking on here:futbolbud2:

I must admit I’ve not posted on here for a while. Finding the lack of football a real downer, although I know things are far worse for others.

The warnings that lower league may not start again until 2021 is a real blow. Nothing better than a Saturday at 5.30 with a plethora of scores ,updated league tables , photos and reports to look through.

Not sure how clubs will be able to survive in the lower leagues unless we are back to ‘as we were’. There’s a lot of clubs with no alternative income streams.

A commendable effort by the chaps keeping the posts going on this forum! I look forward to the days when scores and reports are back!!

10 hours ago, LeightonLad said:

I must admit I’ve not posted on here for a while. Finding the lack of football a real downer, although I know things are far worse for others.

The warnings that lower league may not start again until 2021 is a real blow. Nothing better than a Saturday at 5.30 with a plethora of scores ,updated league tables , photos and reports to look through.

Not sure how clubs will be able to survive in the lower leagues unless we are back to ‘as we were’. There’s a lot of clubs with no alternative income streams.

A commendable effort by the chaps keeping the posts going on this forum! I look forward to the days when scores and reports are back!!

Very worrying. Some clubs simply won’t survive as it is let alone if it goes to 2021. People’s lives move on and change, managers and players may not be around by then, clubs may not be able to pay rents etc.. think we could see a very different landscape and lads at this level won’t be getting money out of clubs like they were before. 

9 hours ago, LeightonLad said:

Leighton Lad - That's no thanks to Karen is it, she could easily keep us all reliably informed of what is going on behind the scenes in the corridors of power at the SSML but chooses not to which is really disappointing. Anyway, thanks for your really nice post, I think we are all very much in the same boat right now wondering what the future holds for the beautiful game at our level and, as you say, from all the on-line tittle-tattle, Chinese whispers, hearsay and rumor it is not looking as if we will be playing again anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Very worrying. Some clubs simply won’t survive as it is let alone if it goes to 2021. People’s lives move on and change, managers and players may not be around by then, clubs may not be able to pay rents etc.. think we could see a very different landscape and lads at this level won’t be getting money out of clubs like they were before. 

Yep I think a lot of clubs from Division 1 down to Step 6 of Non League Football will struggle big time.

:432:

3 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

what is going on behind the scenes in the corridors of power at the SSML

Nothing is going on, all meetings cancelled

? Rhodes won't be happy with that.

6 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

what is going on behind the scenes in the corridors of power at the SSML

Nothing is going on, all meetings cancelled

No meetings by Webinar or Zoom?

That's for Ian_W to decide.  It is his 'baby', after all.

There were a few more posts added over the last 24 hours.

29 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

No meetings by Webinar or Zoom?

Thank you, that's exactly what I was thinking in the current situation we all find ourselves in and in this modern age of technology, surely the SSML Management Board on 24 March could have taken place by so called Webinar, perhaps not so easily the SSML AGM on 27 June however look what Biggleswade United managed to achieve last Friday with their End of Season Awards night.

Edited by Rhodes

51 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Thank you, that's exactly what I was thinking in the current situation we all find ourselves in and in this modern age of technology, surely the SSML Management Board on 24 March could have taken place by so called Webinar, perhaps not so easily the SSML AGM on 27 June however look what Biggleswade United managed to achieve last Friday with their End of Season Awards night.

I've been using Zoom to have meetings with my Management Committee and tomorrow the FA are hosting, via Webinar, how Competitions can hosts their AGM's via the wonders of modern technology.