Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

St Panteleimon F.C

On 16/08/2019 at 21:42, Savagebee said:

Yep I agree with that Rhodes.

I heard that Brimsdown should have taken all three points yesterday from Berkeley Fields, it will be interesting to see how St Panteleimon get on against Dunstable Town in the Challenge Trophy on Tuesday won't it

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I heard that Brimsdown should have taken all three points yesterday from Berkeley Fields, it will be interesting to see how St Panteleimon get on against Dunstable Town in the Challenge Trophy on Tuesday won't it

Yep it will be.

Edited by Savagebee

Savagebee - Although Dunstable Town have started the campaign relatively poorly by their standards with defeat at Colney Heath on Saturday and an embarrassing 3-0 home defeat to Broadfields United on the opening day they are still no mugs and also beat Baldock Town and Chipping Sodbury Town at Creasey Park in the League and FA Cup so although St Panteleimon will obviously fancy their chances at Berkeley Fields tomorrow evening in their SSML Challenge Trophy bow I fancy Dunstable Town to win.

I see that St Panteleimon are featured again on the London Football Guide website, and their Challenge Trophy tie this evening again st Dunstable Town, the website seem to have a thing about St Panteleimon don't they as they were also featured on Saturday against Brimsdown:

http://www.tlfg.uk/

Spartan South Midlands League Challenge Trophy First Round
St Panteleimon v Dunstable Town @745pm - the hosts have just moved up to Step 6 and continued their unbeaten run with a draw against Brimsdown on Saturday. On Tuesday they welcome a side from the division above so it will be interesting to see how they fare

• 1 month later...

Ten league games in folks and St Panteleimon sit proudly at the summit of Division 1 having dropped just one point and netting 43 times in the process, who will be able to stop them for the remainder of the campaign although defensively they look a little suspect with lowly Park View scoring twice against them on Saturday having been the lowest scorers in the division before play. The only blot on St Panteleimon's copybook came on 17 August when Brimsdown visited Berkeley Fields and very surprisingly came away with a 1-1 draw. The Club were only founded in May 2015, for the Greek Orthodox Community in London, and initially competed in the KOPA League before joining the Middlesex County League where they were unbeaten in winning Division 1 in 2017/18 and comfortably won the Premier Division last season gaining promotion to the SSML:

http://stpanteleimonfc.co.uk/event/st-panteleimon-vs-park-view/

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Ten league games in folks and St Panteleimon sit proudly at the summit of Division 1 having dropped just one point and netting 43 times in the process, who will be able to stop them for the remainder of the campaign although defensively they look a little suspect with lowly Park View scoring twice against them on Saturday having been the lowest scorers in the division before play. The only blot on St Panteleimon's copybook came on 17 August when Brimsdown visited Berkeley Fields and very surprisingly came away with a 1-1 draw. The Club were only founded in May 2015, for the Greek Orthodox Community in London, and initially competed in the KOPA League before joining the Middlesex County League where they were unbeaten in winning Division 1 in 2017/18 and comfortably won the Premier Division last season gaining promotion to the SSML:

How do you ''drop just one point''?

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Can’t see anyone but then for the title. 

4 hours ago, petethegreek said:

How do you ''drop just one point''?

Yes, I obviously meant two points when they surprisingly failed to beat Brimsdown, they must have just had a bad day at the office on 17 August

16 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, I obviously meant two points when they surprisingly failed to beat Brimsdown, they must have just had a bad day at the office on 17 August

And had you milaid your calculator ?  I had noticed your error, but modesty prevented........

Edited by Big J R
Typo

• 1 month later...

I see that, incredibly, St Panteleimon are being compared to Liverpool in the local press and their Manager, George Frangeskou, to Jurgen Klopp, that has to be a big feather in the Club's cap:

http://www.parikiaki.com/2019/11/st-panteleimon-have-something-in-common-with-liverpool/

IMG_20191126_133219.jpg

51 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I see that, incredibly, St Panteleimon are being compared to Liverpool in the local press and their Manager, George Frangeskou, to Jurgen Klopp, that has to be a big feather in the Club's cap:

http://www.parikiaki.com/2019/11/st-panteleimon-have-something-in-common-with-liverpool/

IMG_20191126_133219.jpg

:lol4:

21 hours ago, petethegreek said:

And then there was one unbeaten........

Me thinks Rhodes just jinxed St Panteleimon. ?

:lol4:

Yes the run is over.

That is more to do with St Panteleimon than it is to do with me, my guess is that they travelled to Elmfields Gate yesterday thinking that the three points were already in the bag and that they could just 'roll over' Winslow United like they have most Club's so far this season but they got their comeuppance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

St Panteleimon supremo George Frangeskou has issued a heartfelt statement this afternoon on behalf of the Club:

St Panteleimon FC would like to congratulate all teams that have participated in the 2019-20 season with such hard work and dedication to their clubs. We are a very new team when compared to the tremendous, long standing, very proud history and tradition of so many clubs we have faced and our ambition is to build a similar proud and priceless history.

I wanted to take this time to applaud the sacrifices we have all made towards a 'very real' season, one that has seen so many moments of joy, despair and in our case tragedy with the loss of one of our players Thiago Goncalves whilst on his way to one of our matches. We have also seen Stotfold and New Salamis suffer loss of loved ones who dedicated so much of their time in the direction of the clubs they love and carry with them for all eternity and we have expressed our sincere condolences to one another's clubs as footballing families do.

They will not be forgotten in what has been declared a 'void' season.

I'd like to acknowledge all Committee's, Volunteers, Managers and Coaches, all the players and in particular fans who travel up and down the country in support of their teams. The time and energy and indeed the personal sacrifices you have made all season long is not lost on those of us who share the same passion and love for community football and sport in general.

I also understand the difficult decision the FA had to make, we all have our opinions on that I'm sure. Some in favour and some against - that's life and in many ways these opinions make us who we are and any topic truly engaging.

That said, I say again that the season was very real for us! Every moment and kick of a ball. To that end I wanted to represent our current division in a manner that reflects the facts and points earned by all those players who took to the field come sun, rain, wind and snow and to all those club officials, representatives and fans whose time means something.

I've used a Points Per Game system.

The points per game system is a reflection on each and every club in this division and as we are so deep into the campaign it offers a foundation of fact and removes the 'but this' and 'but that'. It reflect YOUR statistics, YOUR consistency, it removes sentiment and emotion and simply looks at YOUR performance over the games played. There is no other, fairer, more factual approach than this given the announcement to end the season as if it had never happened. So I have posted a league table based on the factual 'points per game' earned by each club, these are then averaged over the remaining games for your reference and reflection.

What is not an opinion is this - I know that we all share the same wishes and prayers for our families and friends and each other and for all people in this country and around the world to stay safe and get through this global pandemic.

Stay safe all....

George Frangeskou
St Panteleimon FC Manager

9 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

St Panteleimon supremo George Frangeskou has issued a heartfelt statement this afternoon on behalf of the Club:

St Panteleimon FC would like to congratulate all teams that have participated in the 2019-20 season with such hard work and dedication to their clubs. We are a very new team when compared to the tremendous, long standing, very proud history and tradition of so many clubs we have faced and our ambition is to build a similar proud and priceless history.

I wanted to take this time to applaud the sacrifices we have all made towards a 'very real' season, one that has seen so many moments of joy, despair and in our case tragedy with the loss of one of our players Thiago Goncalves whilst on his way to one of our matches. We have also seen Stotfold and New Salamis suffer loss of loved ones who dedicated so much of their time in the direction of the clubs they love and carry with them for all eternity and we have expressed our sincere condolences to one another's clubs as footballing families do.

They will not be forgotten in what has been declared a 'void' season.

I'd like to acknowledge all Committee's, Volunteers, Managers and Coaches, all the players and in particular fans who travel up and down the country in support of their teams. The time and energy and indeed the personal sacrifices you have made all season long is not lost on those of us who share the same passion and love for community football and sport in general.

I also understand the difficult decision the FA had to make, we all have our opinions on that I'm sure. Some in favour and some against - that's life and in many ways these opinions make us who we are and any topic truly engaging.

That said, I say again that the season was very real for us! Every moment and kick of a ball. To that end I wanted to represent our current division in a manner that reflects the facts and points earned by all those players who took to the field come sun, rain, wind and snow and to all those club officials, representatives and fans whose time means something.

I've used a Points Per Game system.

The points per game system is a reflection on each and every club in this division and as we are so deep into the campaign it offers a foundation of fact and removes the 'but this' and 'but that'. It reflect YOUR statistics, YOUR consistency, it removes sentiment and emotion and simply looks at YOUR performance over the games played. There is no other, fairer, more factual approach than this given the announcement to end the season as if it had never happened. So I have posted a league table based on the factual 'points per game' earned by each club, these are then averaged over the remaining games for your reference and reflection.

What is not an opinion is this - I know that we all share the same wishes and prayers for our families and friends and each other and for all people in this country and around the world to stay safe and get through this global pandemic.

Stay safe all....

George Frangeskou
St Panteleimon FC Manager

Interesting as at Grassroots level you can use a PPG to finalize tables and allow for promotion and relegation.

This was the final position graphic that came with George Frangeskou's statement yesterday, naturally St Panteleimon are top of the table in the final position:

No photo description available.

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

This was the final position graphic that came with George Frangeskou's statement yesterday, naturally St Panteleimon are top of the table in the final position:

No photo description available.

That table is incorrect.