Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

St Panteleimon F.C

It's clearer here and with the final SSML table when the Coronavirus hit, perhaps you have misread it:

Billede

This really is simple but the FA and SSML bottled it.

Points per game would have given you the top 4 promoted. We should have simply had NO relegation. Clubs would have moved around with the proposed changes. Those such as Rayners Lane could appeal. As they wouldn't be in the SSML potentially they could have gone up anyway. If leagues needed to take more than 20 teams in a division for one season would that really matter? After all we have had 24 previously. This is a complete cop out by all those involved. Far too early to make decisions like this. After all who knows when football will be start up. Not for at least 3 months by the looks of it. If it went further lets say into 2021 you could have possibly played the rest of this season out. Null and void suggests ALL league fees, fines etc will be repaid. Certainly there could be a legal case for it. Particularly if the Step 1 & 2 clubs do play it out. At the end of the day lives of people are at stake so that is the most important. But if any sport is to survive it requires credibility and leadership to do so. This appears to be lacking. We should go with the league transformation and take good use of the points per game ratio taking into account where clubs may or may not have been promoted including their facilities for promotion. 

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 14:51, Rhodes said:

St Panteleimon supremo George Frangeskou has issued a heartfelt statement this afternoon on behalf of the Club:

St Panteleimon FC would like to congratulate all teams that have participated in the 2019-20 season with such hard work and dedication to their clubs. We are a very new team when compared to the tremendous, long standing, very proud history and tradition of so many clubs we have faced and our ambition is to build a similar proud and priceless history.

I wanted to take this time to applaud the sacrifices we have all made towards a 'very real' season, one that has seen so many moments of joy, despair and in our case tragedy with the loss of one of our players Thiago Goncalves whilst on his way to one of our matches. We have also seen Stotfold and New Salamis suffer loss of loved ones who dedicated so much of their time in the direction of the clubs they love and carry with them for all eternity and we have expressed our sincere condolences to one another's clubs as footballing families do.

They will not be forgotten in what has been declared a 'void' season.

I'd like to acknowledge all Committee's, Volunteers, Managers and Coaches, all the players and in particular fans who travel up and down the country in support of their teams. The time and energy and indeed the personal sacrifices you have made all season long is not lost on those of us who share the same passion and love for community football and sport in general.

I also understand the difficult decision the FA had to make, we all have our opinions on that I'm sure. Some in favour and some against - that's life and in many ways these opinions make us who we are and any topic truly engaging.

That said, I say again that the season was very real for us! Every moment and kick of a ball. To that end I wanted to represent our current division in a manner that reflects the facts and points earned by all those players who took to the field come sun, rain, wind and snow and to all those club officials, representatives and fans whose time means something.

I've used a Points Per Game system.

The points per game system is a reflection on each and every club in this division and as we are so deep into the campaign it offers a foundation of fact and removes the 'but this' and 'but that'. It reflect YOUR statistics, YOUR consistency, it removes sentiment and emotion and simply looks at YOUR performance over the games played. There is no other, fairer, more factual approach than this given the announcement to end the season as if it had never happened. So I have posted a league table based on the factual 'points per game' earned by each club, these are then averaged over the remaining games for your reference and reflection.

What is not an opinion is this - I know that we all share the same wishes and prayers for our families and friends and each other and for all people in this country and around the world to stay safe and get through this global pandemic.

Stay safe all....

George Frangeskou
St Panteleimon FC Manager

What a great first season at Step 6 level St Panteleimon FC were having/had and I'm 99% sure that they would have gone on and won the league.

17 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

I'm 99% sure that they would have gone on and won the league

Savagebee - I'm not so sure about that, cracks had started to appear after playing New Salamis at home on 15 February when they lost the plot off the pitch after the 1-1 draw. They then struggled to beat both Winslow United and Enfield Borough by the odd goal afterwards before losing 2-0 at New Salamis in, as it sadly turned out to be, their last game on 7 March, I think New Salamis would have won Division One this season.

16 hours ago, Rhodes said:

It's clearer here and with the final SSML table when the Coronavirus hit, perhaps you have misread it:

Billede

I work out PPG by dividing the points accumulated by the number of games played.

RUMOUR JUST A RUMOUR!

St Panteleimon FC are set to leave North Greenford United FCs ground next season (If it happens).

Harefield United FC are looking for new tenants?

I wonder?

We will see I guess.

I'm still convinced that Rayners Lane would have finished fourth in Division One, they were in far better form over the last four weeks or so before the season came to a standstill, winning their last five league games whereas Winslow United won just two of their last five including a miserable 3-0 home defeat to London Lions.

On 30/03/2020 at 16:53, Savagebee said:

RUMOUR JUST A RUMOUR!

St Panteleimon FC are set to leave North Greenford United FCs ground next season (If it happens).

Harefield United FC are looking for new tenants?

I wonder?

We will see I guess.

RUMOUR!

St Panteleimon FC to ground share at Enfield Town FC next season?

On 31/03/2020 at 11:32, Rhodes said:

I'm still convinced that Rayners Lane would have finished fourth in Division One, they were in far better form over the last four weeks or so before the season came to a standstill, winning their last five league games whereas Winslow United won just two of their last five including a miserable 3-0 home defeat to London Lions.

Possibly. Winslow had a lot of very good players about to come back, while I certainly was concerned at our recent form, having spoken to a few people they seemed very confident with the players now available that we would have had more than enough to get over the line. Frankly we should have been home and dry, but have a bad habit of making things difficult.  

13 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

RUMOUR!

St Panteleimon FC to ground share at Enfield Town FC next season?

But New Salamis are already at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium aren't they or are they leaving

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

But New Salamis are already at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium aren't they or are they leaving

They are as far as I know.

Was told the Rumour earlier today but it could just be a load of ? 

?

Maybe St Panteleimon FC and New Salamis FC will merge and form a new super club :cheesy(2):

Hmmm.

A new club name could be interesting if drawn from the present club names !!  ?

Just some Parikiaki newspaper coverage confirming that St Panteleimon, along with New Salamis, will appeal the FA's hasty and knee jerk decision to declare this season null and void: 

http://www.parikiaki.com/2020/04/258210/

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

New Salamis to Haringey Borough FC.

St Panteleimon to Enfield Town FC.

23 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

New Salamis to Haringey Borough FC.

St Panteleimon to Enfield Town FC.

Ah so my Mr Bond contact was correct ?

• 1 month later...

St Panteleimon are highlighted for being one of only 22 Club's in the Football Pyramid this season without a home League defeat, they are mentioned in the same breath as Liverpool. They did however lose 4-3 at Berkeley Fields to Long Buckby in the FA Vase First Qualifying Round on 31 August in arguably the tie of the Round having led on three separate occasions only to be pegged back each time and Long Buckby getting an 87th minute winning goal. St Panteleimon were reduced to ten men on 77 minutes when Nico Campbell handled on the goal line and that may well have tipped the balance in Long Buckby's favour when all hands on deck were very much required at that point:

Billede  

Edited by Rhodes

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Premier Division?

Yeah ? Do they know something that we don't know? ?