Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Squad Updates

I don’t think anyone expects daily bulletins but not even an announcement that Mickey had left was a joke... the club seem  satisfied to create as little pre season interest as possible... let’s hope that lack of interest doesn’t generate itself at the  turnstiles next season .... 

If the board persist with our tactically out of date manager I think the turnstiles will suffer for sure.

Players talk especially senior well respected players, word gets around and imo they don't want to play for Andy.

They would play for Enfield Town but not our Manager.

Hope my suspicions are incorrect though.

I'm afraid you're right, WR.

It was the wrong appointment - based upon a couple of good FA Cup runs with Chesham.

I'm sure that crowds will be down next season and the side will struggle.

I just hope that they get the next appointment right and don't wait until we're at real risk of returning to the division below.

Has any one noticed that this coming season seems to be reflecting that of two ago but in reverse.  Then a manager moved on and the players followed him. This year the manager stays and the players are leaving. Strange!!!!!

As much I am usually in accord with much of what LS has to say , so far as my understanding goes, the minimum number of players required to take the field as a team is 8. We seem to be a little short at the moment. Of course we have the 2  " Managers ". They will bring us nearer to the requirement.

Very interesting update by the Chairman. No one can doubt the amount of hard work  he puts in for the club. But I do question his  statement of how other clubs, like ours, are also keeping matters regarding recruitment close to their chests.  Looking at the amount of signing by other clubs that are announced daily by the Bostic League news bulletins I think he may be over stating the position just a little. 

That said, I am still looking forward to seeing Theo "starkers" in the centre circle as promised now AL is remaining.       

It will be the best tackle you will see on the pitch all season 4WF.... can’t help thinking the update was in response to the criticism on here it was like let’s give them something to shut em up.... spoke to Mo the other day ..he didn’t crack under my interrogation but it would be great to see him partner Billy up front for the whole season ....

11 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

.... can’t help thinking the update was in response to the criticism on here.... 

It was basically a direct response to whats been said on this forum.

I'm reassured that the Chairman knows there is disquiet, however I'm afraid there wasn't much substance. I interpreted it as saying "Look, we've got 3 players who can't jump ship even if they want to. There's not much money left, so you're going to be seeing plenty of the U21s playing for the 1st team next season - unless Andy can find a load of bargain bucket non-league has-beens."

It's good to know that at least someone,Theo , is holding on to his word. Also that you are "fit". What ever you're on I certainly could do with some!!!

I am awaiting the to hear whether we have been able to sign the "exiting players" referred to by the Chairman. I only hope they are under the age of 35 and mobile. I will also be looking for AL to introduce a new style of play. Since most of the youngsters have gone and with his past record I have to admit the start of the coming season still fills me with some trepidation!!!! But then perhaps this year I will be proved wrong. 

However, I am still looking forward to seeing Theo on the pitch getting stuck in with his tackle!!!!!!

I have just read CC post and must commend him on his interpretation of the Chairman's holding statement. You have put in to words exactly my own thoughts. But again I say that no one can doubt the Chairman's passion for the club and I am sure he would like to be in a position to be able to say more.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2019 at 14:40, The Crowing Cockerel said:

So far I understand the following:

OUT

Joe Wright

Matt Johnson

Mickey Parcell

Jay Porter

Aaron Greene

Matt Nolan

James Mulley

IN

Nathan Macdonald

CONTRACTED for '19/20

Billy Bricknell

Marc Weatherstone

•  

Training tonight promises to be an intimate affair!

Edited by The Crowing Cockerel

Retained from last season:

Ryan Blackman 

Sam Youngs 

Dan Rumens

Josh Davison

Kezie Ibe

Lewis Taaffe 

New arrivals:

Jon Muleba 

Scott Thomas

James Potton