Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Can our three players compete with FC Manchester’s 23

Simple Theo,  Nathan kicks it as far down the field as possible, one chases it like hell and the other taps it in. Same plan as if we had a full team.  Probably simpler as we don't have 8 other players wondering what they are on the field for. Have to admit the manager has a problem because he will have only 3 players to blame when it all goes wrong.

Who's still a cynic then!!!!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I knew this thread would play right into your hands 4WF ?..... it does seem a bit strange tho doesn’t it... every team have been announcing their squads and new signings and our club haven’t announced one single outfield player signing on... are we going to be pleasantly surprised or is this really going to be a squad full of under 23s and veterans from Leeses black book...

Can't agree more Theo. However I haven't totally given given up. But my guess is as good as yours. Anyway, is it this week that players are do to be registered? If so perhaps we will hear something. After all the cloak and dagger stuff I hope it is something good!!!! The way that everything has been kept under wraps I would think by now some of the Board have been recruited by MI5/6. 

I wonder if the new match programme will have a competition in it to " name to days team". Sorry I hope I haven't let the cat out of the bag.

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP.

It wasn't unusual for us at Chesham to not know more than 5/6 signings by the first pre season game. So it's not unusual for Andy.

Keeping his options open maybe as some players would be hoping to play at a higher level but by now are available to clubs at Enfield and Cheshams level. We had an attacking midfielder at Chesham last year, who was released by a Championship club. Spent pre season aiming to be signed by at the lowest a National League club, then dropped to Slough @ Step 2 and was released by them just before the first league game. Expectations change and you can get some gems that way, he was probably one of best players last year and didn't sign until after our 3rd league game.

I thought we had some promising players last year cufc but I don’t think we ever saw the best of them playing our way ... the worry is that it’s not just about money now it’s about enjoying playing for a manager that plays your style of football... if we can lose M Parcell we can lose anyone... the only positive is like what you said that maybe a more attractive offer doesn’t come in and they are left with us.... shame if that’s the case because we should still be a big name in our standard....

57 minutes ago, Theodopolous said:

I thought we had some promising players last year cufc but I don’t think we ever saw the best of them playing our way ... the worry is that it’s not just about money now it’s about enjoying playing for a manager that plays your style of football... if we can lose M Parcell we can lose anyone... the only positive is like what you said that maybe a more attractive offer doesn’t come in and they are left with us.... shame if that’s the case because we should still be a big name in our standard....

Both Chesham and Enfield are big names but unfortunately non league football has gone the way of Premier League football where upstarts with lots of money are going to outbid traditional clubs. 

The playing style must have changed after Andy left Chesham then as we used to play attacking football at Chesham but were prepared to mix it up and go direct to win in Cup games (like when we beat you and then Bristol Rovers- sorry to remind you) or away at places like Frome on horrible sloped and mudbath pitches that you couldn't play football on.

I have absolutely no idea what our playing style is CU I’m not sure the players even know ... I have watched non-league exclusively for 40+ years and for the first season I can remember I never had a clue where players were meant to be when we attacked ... gaps everywhere and poor old wing backs turning around and running like f###  trying to plug the gaps.... no coincidence Mickey and Aaron both left they were the major victims in our ‘set up ‘...

Training Tuesday night if you want to go and see the new signings and returning players.

Should be able to recognize at least one of them.

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 15:32, Mr Happy said:

Are we playing rush goalie!!??

A blast from the past :thumbsup: