Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tom Daley

New League Sponsor - Bet Victor

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Fat Tom Daley said:

https://www.betvictoristhmian.co.uk/betvictor-sponsors-the-isthmian-northern-premier-a-57695

Going to be great advertising to stop players betting on the games hey? 

Agreed. Players or officials betting on games is discouraged and anyone who is caught is banned and potentially prosecuted. So who sponsors the league ? A f**king betting company.

Shameful imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sending out all the wrong messages.  I bet we can't change it ..... 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackballed said:

Sending out all the wrong messages.  I bet we can't change it ..... 😁

 

I bet you're RIGHT !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure we had to add a betting company to sponsors page on websites year before last. 
My recollection is that Dulwich Hamlet tried to refuse, even offering to make a monetary contribution to offset the loss of sponsorship but I think they had to carry the advert in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn’t have a good ring to the name ‘The Bet Victor  League’.  Think I’ll just call it The ISTHMIAN LEAGUE far more classy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MikeMike said:

I'm sure we had to add a betting company to sponsors page on websites year before last. 
My recollection is that Dulwich Hamlet tried to refuse, even offering to make a monetary contribution to offset the loss of sponsorship but I think they had to carry the advert in the end.

That's always going to be a problem when you have a Pitchero site, you have very little control of the content.  If you didn't add the Betting.net link yourself, Pitchero just added it into the footer anyway whether you wanted it or not.

Rightly or wrongly we just ignored it (having moved off Pitchero) and nobody seemed to care, though with BetVictor being the league sponsor I suspect we're going to have to carry something on the website this time around.

I didn't think I'd say it but I'm now envious of the Scottish Challenge Cup - recently re-branded as "The Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup".

 

Edited by andydick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What were the odds on Bet Victor being the sponsors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/07/2019 at 22:06, andydick said:

That's always going to be a problem when you have a Pitchero site, you have very little control of the content.  If you didn't add the Betting.net link yourself, Pitchero just added it into the footer anyway whether you wanted it or not.

Rightly or wrongly we just ignored it (having moved off Pitchero) and nobody seemed to care, though with BetVictor being the league sponsor I suspect we're going to have to carry something on the website this time around.

I didn't think I'd say it but I'm now envious of the Scottish Challenge Cup - recently re-branded as "The Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup".

 

Yeah, it was Pitchero, the no-cost option :)
Was sometimes frustrating when trying to do something clever but satisfying when I worked out a way.
I liked the databasing so that multiple people could update from anywhere to spread the load but sometimes made keeping a consistent style difficult.
One of the things Bostik wanted could only be done on the paid options so I suggested to the league that Bostik paid for the upgrade so we could comply - the requirement went away :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...