Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Savagebee

Potton United FC Ground Broken Into.

:angry:

FROM TWITTER Our ground was broken into last night with tractor, mowers and other ground maintenance equipment stolen. If anyone hears anything or is offered any cheap equipment please DM to us.

EAAFNjuXkAAsHJA.jpg:small

FROM TWITTER this is how they broke in and drove across the pitch!

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I was reading about that, here's the press article, it's the World we sadly live in today I'm afraid:

https://www.biggleswadetoday.co.uk/news/people/tractor-snatched-at-potton-united-break-in-1-9007232

Winslow suffered what appeared to be targeted vandalism last season and just recently There's been a wave of break-ins & thefts at clubs across the South East. Potton United, Hertford Town, Holyport FC, Lordswood FC, Glebe FC and Orpington FC have all been targetted this summer. It’s maddening, a small dedicated band of volunteers is all that keeps most of these clubs going and it’ll be them that will have to spend their time and money replacing and repairing stuff. 

London Conley has a break in too. Two boilers stolen. 

Been a sign of the times recently.

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 11:37, Rhodes said:

it's the World we sadly live in today I'm afraid:

It is indeed 😞 

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:05, Winslow Boy said:

Winslow suffered what appeared to be targeted vandalism last season and just recently There's been a wave of break-ins & thefts at clubs across the South East. Potton United, Hertford Town, Holyport FC, Lordswood FC, Glebe FC and Orpington FC have all been targetted this summer. It’s maddening, a small dedicated band of volunteers is all that keeps most of these clubs going and it’ll be them that will have to spend their time and money replacing and repairing stuff. 

Yep sadly non league football clubs seem to be a easy target for these low life scum.

2 hours ago, Big J R said:

Been a sign of the times recently.

Yep sadly its getting more and more common these days 😞 

I remember when I was with Haringey Borough and local youths unceremoniously torched the grandstand one night, like I said it's the World we sadly live in today as kids are simply not taught right from wrong from an early age and there is no corporal punishment in schools, the cane and slipper at school was the best thing to ever happen to me

Don't forget the gool old birch, Rhodsey.

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:03, Rhodes said:

I remember when I was with Haringey Borough and local youths unceremoniously torched the grandstand one night, like I said it's the World we sadly live in today as kids are simply not taught right from wrong from an early age and there is no corporal punishment in schools, the cane and slipper at school was the best thing to ever happen to me

Watched Haringey Boroughs FA Cup game against AFC Wimbledon on TV last season and apart from the main stand its all changed at there ground the club seems to be doing very well these days.

19 hours ago, Big J R said:

Don't forget the gool old birch, Rhodsey.

Nowadays you would get feral kids parents straight down the school wouldn't you without realising that it was the making of the likes of us, how the World has sadly changed!

Hopefully last nights pre-season game with Stevenage helped the beleaguered Hutchinson Hollow Club financially:

Pre Season Friendly 
Potton United (Spartan Premier, Step 9) 0 - 3 Stevenage Development 
Adm £6/£3, Attendance est HC 110+, Tea £1 

There has been a recent spate of what appears to be targeted break ins at some non league grounds in the South East, and unfortunately Potton was broken in to. Near neighbours Stevenage (19 miles South of Potton) offered a visiting team to play a friendly as a fundraising effort. At 5pm the weather decided to turn into torrential rain, and a double check was needed before leaving the house to make sure it hadn't been rained off. The SatNav decided to take me through the neighbouring village of Sutton complete with it's Ford (test your brakes now). 

Once at the ground, parking was plentiful and very friendly stewards were on hand to direct. The main covered stand was about half full to one side, and a smart brick built clubhouse was behind one goal housing a busy bar area and very clean facilities. Behind the opposite goal was Potton Cricket Club with a game in progress. 

Both teams had energy and were competitive and the Potton GK did well in the first half to save as many as he did. A heavy rain shower just before half time quickly drenched the players, (at which point the cricketers next door decided to end their match). Second half saw a few subs with a talented looking Potton #15 which resulted in a few more attempts to score from Potton. Stevenage defence did well ending with a score line of 3 goals to Stevenage. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Hopefully last nights pre-season game with Stevenage helped the beleaguered Hutchinson Hollow Club financially:

Pre Season Friendly 
Potton United (Spartan Premier, Step 9) 0 - 3 Stevenage Development 

I'm sure it did help Potton United FC financially 🙂 

Have I missed something Potton United (Spartan Premier, Step 9) 0 - 3 Stevenage Development 

Step 9? 🙂 

Edited by Savagebee

Yep a bad start to the season on and off the pitch for Potton United FC.

I'm sure they will turn things around.

Savagebee - Did you read in the Non League paper on Sunday that Croydon is the latest Club to be broken into and thousands of pounds worth of damage done and equipment stolen including laptops that were being used at the Croydon Arena to teach disadvantaged and under privileged youngsters in the area. 

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Did you read in the Non League paper on Sunday that Croydon is the latest Club to be broken into and thousands of pounds worth of damage done and equipment stolen including laptops that were being used at the Croydon Arena to teach disadvantaged and under privileged youngsters in the area. 

Shocking 😞 

You have to call the beleaguered Club somewhat naive to keep laptops on the premises, surely they could be stored safely elsewhere, these pictures are so sad and shocking:

https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-london-news/croydon-fc-demoralised-after-vandals-16662015

42 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

You have to call the beleaguered Club somewhat naive to keep laptops on the premises, surely they could be stored safely elsewhere, these pictures are so sad and shocking:

https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-london-news/croydon-fc-demoralised-after-vandals-16662015

Terrible.

Its says they have been broken into AGAIN 😞 

Croydon isn't the nicest of areas so you are right Rhodes that the club is almost asking for trouble leaving all that sort of equipment on display for the scum to take.

I see that beleaguered Potton United lost again yesterday at Leverstock Green and are rooted to the bottom of the Premier Division with three defeats in as many games as well as an early FA Cup exit to Ely City, there seems to be problems at the Hutchinson Hollow doesn't there:

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/event/190817f/

What has happened to Potton United this season who remain pointless so far following defeats to Harefield United (1-2), Newport Pagnell Town (0-6), Leverstock Green (1-3) and Edgware Town (2-3), they have also exited the FA Cup and FA Vase to Ely City and Frenford respectively, it's not good times at The Hutchinson Hollow at the moment is it. Talking of the Frenford FA Vase tie there are numerous photos at the link:

https://www.frenfordfc.com/photos/potton-utd-0-frenford-6-908550.html

Some action and a match report from Potton United's 2-1 triumph at Harpenden Town yesterday, they have finally got off the mark:

https://twitter.com/Harpenden_Town

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/pottonunitedfc/teams/188957/match-centre/1-4547105/report

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Some action and a match report from Potton United's 2-1 triumph at Harpenden Town yesterday, they have finally got off the mark:

Glad for the club lets see if that result kick starts there season.

Savagebee - I see that it was business as usual for Potton United on Saturday going down 2-0 to Dunstable Town who haven't exactly been pulling up trees so far this term have they with just one win prior to Saturday's visit to The Hutchinson Hollow. Next Saturday Potton United travel to high flying Tring Athletic so they are unlikely to pick up any points there.