Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Great Wakering Rovers 0 Hornchurch 4

MikeMike

The early news on arriving at the ground wasn't great. 
Winn twins, Lewwis Spence and Chris Dickson on holiday, Nathan Cooper with a flare up on the other knee, Arthur Lee and Remi Sutton still sidelined with hand injuries.
This is the sort of story you have at the back end of the season, not while you're still in pre-season!
So, a back 4 of Mickey Parcell, Jordan Clark, James Goode and a trialist called Ryan. Matt Johnson, Joe Christou, George Saunders and Garrett Kelly in midfield, Charlie Stimson and Dan Uchechi up front.

First time I have seen Kelly this season and he was very creative. 
Sadly in the absence of notes my mind is muddled as to the order of the goals.
Progression down the left wing led to a smart low ball into the area swept home by Uchechi.
Straight from the kick-off Hornchurch got the ball and pressed forwards with Stimson rounding the keeper and shooting home from a sharp angle.
Around twenty minutes Stimson again shoots from a wide angle, maybe it was going in, maybe not I was at the wrong angle but Uchechi took no chances and tapped home from 2 yards.
We had to wait until the last minute or two for Saunders to blast home from 18 yards.

Truthfully, I was hoping for a better test from GWR but they were overwhelmed on the day, Hornchurch certainly wanted it more and Joe Wright was barely troubled.
Shot of the game goes to Jack Glenister from 30-ish yards and dipping forcing Mason to tip over.

One of the other young looking trialists also looked useful but difficult to draw a conclusion as to how good they'd be against a Premier level opposition.

Archived