Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 6 August - Results/Reports

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, but what happened to New Salamis only drawing at Enfield Borough, I wonder what Peter the Greek will have to say about that

Not interested. 

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Pete the Greek - I haven't seen you in action for quite a while now so do you still have the same unique running style on the line with your flag permanently outstretched at chest level or have you changed it, that's no criticism as all Officials have their own style in the middle or, in your case, on the line. 

You exaggerate. 

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

That's a surprise, I have never known a game to be without incident or controversy where Pete the Greek was officiating at, according to the match report there was one red card and one sin-binning close to the end of the proceedings at Pancake Lane:

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/event/190806f/

Not all my games have 'incidents' and 'controversy'. You are just being selective. 

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Pete the Greek - I haven't seen you in action for quite a while now so do you still have the same unique running style on the line with your flag permanently outstretched at chest level or have you changed it, that's no criticism as all Officials have their own style in the middle or, in your case, on the line. 

That made me laugh :lol4:

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

'An anorak', posting on another Forum, was one of the meagre 53 at Vale Farm last night, it's a shocking attendance isn't it for a balmy first Tuesday night of a new campaign:

Spartan South Midlands Premier 
Vale Farm 
Wembley FC 3 Harpenden Town 1 
Admission: £7 Paper available Attendance: 53 
This has been on my radar for a while and my sporadic commission in London saw a chance to visit it at last. Easy journey up via Bakerloo and bus; a very nice little ground and set-up with plenty of cover (much needed because of some torrential showers). 
I saw the hosts last season away at Hadley and they were not very good. Tonight they were excellent; good skill ad ball retention and two of the goals were top-draw. The away side were competitive but their final ball was lacking. 
They led on 22 with a volleyed finish from a loose ball into the bottom corner; that lasted until 28 with a beauty of a near post flick to equalise. Hosts went close a couple of times from set pieces but it reached HT at 1-1. 
Second half saw the hosts extend their lead on 63 with a side-footed finish from a left-wing cross and extend it on 68 with the goal of the night; a right-wing charge, cross on the run and met with a beautiful first time shot. 
A lot of huff and puff from the away side but the hosts never looked in trouble after and the game played out with little more action. 
Back to hotel in Paddington in 40. 

There attendances are always poor which is a shame as its a very decent ground and clubhouse and the pitch is like a bowling green. Most of there regulars are the wrong side of 70. The ground is in a area where the locals are not interested in watching Step 5 football they are more interested in watching the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or Man City on Sky TV at home or in the pub.

Another, 'anorak', posting on another Forum, was at this one last night:

Spartan South Midlands Premier 
Biggleswade United 0 - 5 Eynesbury Rovers, Second Meadow. HT = 0 - 2 
Adm £6/4, Prog online only, Tea £1 
Attendance 82 
My first visit to Second Meadow, easy to find, basically 2 left turns after Sainsbury's. I may have jovially mentioned my disappointment at the lack of a printed programme to the turnstyle operator. Biggleswade were doing a live stream of the match on YouTube with the camera man positioned on top of a high scaffold above the main stand. A smart and clean clubhouse, despite a lack of a functional lock on the Disabled Toilet door! There is also a small children's playground at the front. There was a good turn out from the Eynesbury supporters as this is one of their nearer away fixtures. 
Biggleswade never really shone during this match with a score line of 0-2 at HT, the second half showed even less team cohesion. Towards the end of the second half, United's frustrations began to show as Langlais was disciplined using the Siin Bin, where he appeared to be for 12 minutes. His team mate Caglar was also 'Sin Binned' with approximately 10 mins left of the match. Eynesbury managed to take advantage of playing against 10 men for this time by having more shots on goal, eventually finishing 5 goals up. 
An enjoyable evening out, with thankfully no rain. 

No programme is a Ground hoppers worst nightmare ? 

Ive seen Ground hoppers kick off big time and walk out of the ground if there wasn't a programme ? they get angry if they haven't got anything to put in there plastic bag ? 

Savagebee - This excellent article says it all about the current football programme climate, at non league level anyway, with so many Club's failing to issue on matchdays now, it's sacrilege in my opinion:

https://northkentnonleague.co.uk/the-changing-face-of-football-programmes

28 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - This excellent article says it all about the current football programme climate, at non league level anyway, with so many Club's failing to issue on matchdays now, it's sacrilege in my opinion:

https://northkentnonleague.co.uk/the-changing-face-of-football-programmes

I love a programme and I used to keep all my programes but not any more due to lack of space but if there is a programme at a game that I go to I will always get one and try to pass it on to someone else after I have read it or keep it if its a special programme.

But I can see the reasons why clubs are not doing programes anymore and going on line instead.

Its a sign of the times I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

The SSML midweek round-up is now on the website

Karen - Your SSML midweek round up you mean

On 07/08/2019 at 08:38, Savagebee said:

Winslow Boy you have got to be happy with how Winslow have started this season? but I know its still very early days.

Yes, here is a report and some photos from their 8-0 demolition of Milton Keynes Robins on Tuesday evening, it will be interesting to see how they get on against Roman Glass St George in the FA Cup tomorrow at Elmfields Gate:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=45662

Yes, here is a report and some photos from their 8-0 demolition of Milton Keynes Robins on Tuesday evening, it will be interesting to see how they get on against Roman Glass St George in the FA Cup tomorrow at Elmfields Gate:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=45662

Will be a very tough ask, team a step higher, and they seem very confident. 

On 06/08/2019 at 22:54, Karen Browne said:

0-1 Amersham Town v Buckingham Athletic Attendance: 48

A nice picture of the ball being delicately slotted home, Aguero like, by Buckingham Athletic's Matt Cruse in the last minute of the proceedings at Spratleys Meadow. Was there a problem with the linesmen on the night as the one in the picture doesn't look suitably attired, unlike Pete the Greek for example who always looks immaculate:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=45658

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

A nice picture of the ball being delicately slotted home, Aguero like, by Buckingham Athletic's Matt Cruse in the last minute of the proceedings at Spratleys Meadow. Was there a problem with the linesmen on the night as the one in the picture doesn't look suitably attired, unlike Pete the Greek for example who always looks immaculate:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=45658

Archive photo from a PSF.

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=45178

19 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

Archive photo from a PSF.

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=45178

That explains the linesman's scruffy attire then, I've never seen you looking scruffy even in non competitive games