Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ANAGRAM RECORDS TROPHY First Round

A good win for Bovingdon this afternoon but disappointment for AFC Tring Corinthians despite coming back from a  3-0 interval deficit:

Anagram Records Trophy Second Round  

Bovingdon 5 Sporting Hackney 0 

Tring Corinthians AFC 2 Rayleigh Town 3  

8 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Bovingdon 5 Sporting Hackney 0    

Sporting Hackney FC are having a poor season in the league by there standards. A good club though.

Sporting Hackney had won there last three league games in a row.

Edited by Savagebee

Savagebee - On their day Bovingdon are a match for anybody, they are a great little Club and Green Lane has really nice facilities:

Bov 10.jpg

13 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - On their day Bovingdon are a match for anybody, they are a great little Club and Green Lane has really nice facilities:

Bov 10.jpg

Looks my sort of ground :thumbup(2):

Used to play for Bovingdon when I lived in Hemel, great club and set up, I really enjoyed my time there.

They’re rebuilding after losing most of squad from last season and struggled at the start. A manager change suggests they will be stronger 2nd half of the season.

Shame they can’t seem to get lights as other facilities are very good. Surrounding houses were the issue when I was there.

16 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Looks my sort of ground :thumbup(2):

You mean with the nice Clubhouse, I expect many a pint has been sunk inside there, you may find this video interesting about the Club:

Edited by Rhodes

ANAGRAM RECORDS TROPHY Quarter Finals

Saturday 29 February

Bovingdon v Larkspur Rovers or Letchworth Garden City Eagles

Buckhurst Hill v Rayleigh Town

Hampton Town or Sarratt v Hilltop

Sandridge Rovers v Hutton or FC Hamlets

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

You mean with the nice Clubhouse, I expect many a pint has been sunk inside there, you may find this video interesting about the Club:

I like little grounds like there's that are surrounded by lots of trees and have a nice little stand.

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

ANAGRAM RECORDS TROPHY Quarter Finals

Saturday 29 February

Bovingdon v Larkspur Rovers or Letchworth Garden City Eagles

Hampton Town or Sarratt v Hilltop

Larkspur Rovers are much improved this season and have B.Esprit scoring the goals for them this season.

Hiltop FC are decent team who do there research on there next opponents they smashed there rivals Yeading Town 5 0 yesterday. 

32 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

I like little grounds like there's that are surrounded by lots of trees and have a nice little stand.

Savagebee - You sound like an old fashioned anorak, I'm impressed, the SSML Division 2 has some special grounds and it is such a shame that the Club's can't advance due to lack of floodlighting

On 01/12/2019 at 18:31, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - You sound like an old fashioned anorak, I'm impressed, the SSML Division 2 has some special grounds and it is such a shame that the Club's can't advance due to lack of floodlighting

:thumbsup(2):

• 1 month later...

Sarratt and Hampton Town meet tomorrow at the King George V Playing Fields for the right to entertain Hilltop in the Quarter Finals of the competition:

Sarratt v Hampton Town (kick off 2pm)

Congratulations to Sarratt for reaching the Quarter Finals of the competition on Saturday, they join Bovingdon and will avoid each other in the Semi Finals should they both get through against Hilltop and Letchworth Garden City Eagles respectively:

Sarratt 4 Hampton Town 3

Quarter Final draw (ties due to be played on Sat 29 Feb)
Sarratt v Hilltop
Bovingdon v Letchworth Garden City Eagles
Sandridge Rovers v Hutton or FC Hamlets

23 minutes ago, Rhodes said:
Bovingdon v Letchworth Garden City Eagles

Not directly SSML related but an interesting report from an anorak on another Forum on Bovingdon's Quarter Final opponents win on Saturday at Larkspur Rovers, hopefully Bovingdon can make home advantage tell at Green Lane on 29 February:

Anagram Records Trophy 2nd Round
Larkspur Rovers 2-3 Letchworth Garden City Eagles
Attendance 22 h/c - F + Y

Entertaining cup tie in which the hosts came back from 0-2 down to level only to fall behind again whilst they had a player in the sin bin. The visitors took the lead late in the first half through their #2 when his wind assisted 50 yard free kick was fluffed by the home keeper and the ball sailed into the net. Eagles doubled their lead early in the second half when another free kick from #2 crashed off the bar and after a spot of pinball in the 6 yard box the ball finally found its way into the net. Hosts found a way back into the tie on the hour when it was the visiting keeper's turn to drop a cross and soon after a quick move down the right hand side saw them level the tie. Parity didn't last long however as the visitors made the most of their temporary man advantage as their striker found himself in acres of space bearing down on goal and the keeper left him a gaping hole to his right to shoot into.

Ground just a pitch in a large field roped off on three sides with two canvas dugouts, the unroped far side enclosed by trees still accessible to spectators. For London there is lots of open space with fields bordering two sides. There is also a 3G cage by the entrance which misleadingly is on the front page of their twitter feed making it look like the main pitch but it isn't, it's just a kids pitch about 80 yards long. Perhaps the most interesting feature is the railway line where central line tube trains and Chiltern trains out of Marylebone pass through the north east corner of the ground. Programme was 8 pages all printed on card and given away free though I did give a £1 donation, thanks to the groundhopper who directed me to the person who got me a copy out of the changing rooms, otherwise I wouldn't have known where to get one from or that they were issuing at all as they were't visibly available anywhere.

• 1 month later...

The Anagram Records Trophy gets back under way on Saturday, albeit very much in the shadow of the FA Vase Sixth Round, and good luck to Sarratt and Bovingdon in their home Quarter Final ties. Sarratt may well already be in the Hertfordshire FA Senior Centenary Trophy Cup Final by then if they can overcome Oxhey Jets Reserves this evening:

Sarratt v Hilltop (kick off 2.00pm)
Bovingdon v Letchworth Garden City Eagles (kick off 2.00pm)
Sandridge Rovers v Hutton

On 26/02/2020 at 11:07, Rhodes said:

The Anagram Records Trophy gets back under way on Saturday, albeit very much in the shadow of the FA Vase Sixth Round, and good luck to Sarratt and Bovingdon in their home Quarter Final ties. Sarratt may well already be in the Hertfordshire FA Senior Centenary Trophy Cup Final by then if they can overcome Oxhey Jets Reserves this evening:

Sarratt v Hilltop (kick off 2.00pm)
Bovingdon v Letchworth Garden City Eagles (kick off 2.00pm)

Hiltop FC are having a very decent first season in the Middlesex County League Premier Division.

Yes, both ties at Sarratt and Bovingdon sadly off tomorrow:

Sarratt P Hilltop 
Buckhurst Hill v Rayleigh Town (at Roding Valley School, Loughton (3G), kick off 2.00pm)
Bovingdon P Letchworth Garden City Eagles 

An update following the postponements yesterday of Sarratt's and Bovingdon's Quarter Final ties:

Quarter Finals
Sarratt v Hilltop (Sat 14 Mar)
Buckhurst Hill 5 Rayleigh Town 2
Bovingdon P Letchworth Garden City Eagles (Sat 14 Mar)
Sandridge Rovers v Hutton (tba)

Semi Final draw
Sandridge Rovers or Hutton v Sarratt or Hilltop 
Bovingdon or Letchworth Garden City Eagles v Buckhurst Hill