Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ANAGRAM RECORDS TROPHY First Round

On 01/03/2020 at 08:55, Rhodes said:
Quarter Finals

Buckhurst Hill 5 Rayleigh Town 2

Not really SSML related but an anorak from another Forum was at this Quarter Final tie last Saturday and Buckhurst Hill will be Semi Final opponents for Bovingdon at Green Lane if they can overcome Letchworth Garden City Eagles on 14 March. The Sarratt v Hilltop and Sandridge Rovers v Hutton Quarter Finals also take place that day:

Buckhurst Hill 5 v 2 Rayleigh Town Anagram Records Trophy at Roding Valley School 3G No Admission Free Prog Att 28 h/c

Had originally considered going to a game in the Birmingham Area with some 3G's on there but the weather warning regarding wind and possible problems getting there and back by train meant i looked for something nearer but away from Sussex and this fitted the bill. There are 2 3G pitches here either side of Loughton tube station this game was played on the right hand side of the station if coming from London, come out of station follow footpath heading in Epping direction took you past the first 3G and then under the tube line and down the other side, standard cage with Spectator standing on side with a fence. Programmes available from manager who had a small box of them, though a glossy 8 pages, there was no content apart from team squads, though programme was free. A one sided first half saw Buckhurst Hill score 5 unanswered goals, the first a penalty after 12 minutes, further goals followed on 20, 25, 29 and 44 minutes, all Rayleigh had to show was 2 yellow cards and these could have easily been red, one was for a rather reckless challenge after 8 minutes and the second which saw the keeper concede the penalty when he was the last player, the first half also saw a 10 minute sleet/hail showers.
Second half was a lot more even and Rayleigh scored 2 late goals to give the score some respectability. There were a few other hoppers here, i suspect some of them view this forum.

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 12:16, Savagebee said:

Hiltop FC are having a very decent first season in the Middlesex County League Premier Division.

Savagebee - Hilltop are certainly no mugs and it obviously won't be a walk in the park for Sarratt on Saturday in the delayed Anagram Records Trophy Quarter Final tie but hopefully they can make home advantage tell. As you know Hilltop play at the impressive Ark Academy, a stone's thrown from Wembley Stadium, but it is 3G and the young side won't appreciate a tricky surface at the King George V Playing Fields, Sarratt have been playing pretty well of late so fingers crossed for Manager Martin Loakesy's troops.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Hilltop are certainly no mugs and it obviously won't be a walk in the park for Sarratt on Saturday in the delayed Anagram Records Trophy Quarter Final tie but hopefully they can make home advantage tell. As you know Hilltop play at the impressive Ark Academy, a stone's thrown from Wembley Stadium, but it is 3G and the young side won't appreciate a tricky surface at the King George V Playing Fields, Sarratt have been playing pretty well of late so fingers crossed for Manager Martin Loakesy's troops.

Last Saturday

The Alec Smith Premier Division Cup Semi - Final

Hilltop 3 Pitshanger Dynamo 1

@The Middlesex Stadium

On 01/03/2020 at 08:55, Rhodes said:
Quarter Finals
Sarratt P Hilltop (Sat 14 Mar)
Bovingdon Letchworth Garden City Eagles (Sat 14 Mar)

It's absolutely 'criminal' isn't it that Sarratt and Bovingdon are kicking their heels this afternoon instead of entertaining Hilltop and Letchworth Garden City Eagles at the King George V Playing Fields and Green Lane respectively:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

11 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

It's absolutely 'criminal' isn't it that Sarratt and Bovingdon are kicking their heels this afternoon instead of entertaining Hilltop and Letchworth Garden City Eagles at the King George V Playing Fields and Green Lane respectively:

Billede

The Anagrams Records Trophy does not come under the SSML so any cancellation of these games would have been from their governing body so posting the SSML statement is misleading 

16 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

The Anagrams Records Trophy does not come under the SSML so any cancellation of these games would have been from their governing body so posting the SSML statement is misleading 

Well Sarratt and Bovingdon are both SSML Club's arent they, apologies but I think everyone is feeling just a little disappointed and frustrated right now with the current situation and with no action this afternoon

• 3 weeks later...

Last season's (2018/19) Anagram Records Trophy competition wasn't without its problems either with the Final between Catholic United and Clapton CFC being in doubt due to crowd disturbance fears from 'Clapton CFC Ultras' before finally being played at Redbridge FC on 4 May (pictured below) which Catholic United won 5-1 to lift the trophy. Old Bradwell United were beaten by the eventual winners without laying a glove on them in the Quarter Final, going down 3-0 at Abbey Road:

https://www.claptoncfc.co.uk/2019/05/05/catholic-united-fc-5-clapton-cfc-1-cup-hopes-washed-away-in-second-half-goal-deluge/

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=923193;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

Catholic United v Clapton CFC (5-1 Anagram Records Trophy Final) 04/05/2019

• 1 month later...
On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 08:55, Rhodes said:
Quarter Finals
Buckhurst Hill 5 Rayleigh Town 2

You can tell it's a slow news day today, another anorak was at this non SSML affair on Saturday 29 February in the Quarter Finals of the Anagram Records Trophy due to the weather decimating most of the fixtures that day. Buckhurst Hill would have however been Semi Final opponents for Bovingdon at Green Lane had they overcome Letchworth Garden City Eagles in their Quarter Final tie which had been scheduled for 14 March, as was the Sarratt v Hilltop Quarter Final. An interesting report and photos at Roding Valley School on a 3G surface: 

https://pedroslocalfootiefix.blogspot.com/2020/03/buckhurst-hill-5-rayleigh-town-2.html

• 3 weeks later...

Was anybody aware that Football Man who used to post regularly on the Forum is, or should I say has been for a while, the Anagram Records Trophy Chairman, whatever that entails, he is also Divisional Chairman of the London Football Association and of course former Secretary of Potters Bar Town, leaving Parkfield in May 2007 after five years. He is also 'famous' for the huge amount of games he attends each season, often going to three in one day, and last season (2018/19) reached 193 which I believe was a 'quiet' campaign for him. This was a for once sensible post he made on 1 August 2006 when I believe he was on a short sabbatical from the running of the competition:

The Anagram Records Trophy, formerly the Cherry Red Books Trophy, is a competition for sides that are not eligible for the FA Vase and all the rounds are played on FA Vase dates. It is open to clubs in what were the Isthmian Feeder Leagues prior to the FA's restructuring. When I ran the competition, there was talk of the FA looking at possibly developing it into a national competition to replace the old Amateur Cup.

Originally, in the first two rounds clubs were not drawn against sides from their own league or against teams they had met in the competition before as it was felt clubs would be more attracted to what was then a relatively new competition if they knew they would be playing different opponents and, if drawn away, visiting areas that they wouldn't normally travel to. Clubs could treat it as their "FA Cup" if they wanted to. It only became an open draw from the third round onwards. However, as years passed, that became a logistical nightmare and I'm not surprised it's now an open draw from the beginning.

The Essex Olympian League clubs tend to be very strong in this competition. White Ensign and Manford Way are two clubs that normally do very well and would expect to be amongst the favourites.

A bit random albeit still the Anagram Records Trophy, photographs from the all SSML 2010 Final between Padbury United and The 61 FC (Luton), on 23 May 2010, which Padbury won 3-2 on a scorching afternoon at the County Ground in Letchworth Garden City. The Final was remarkable for the high amount of yellow cards from a pernickety Referee but surprisingly no red cards, Arron Lewis and Darius Piechota netted for The 61 FC (Luton), the attendance was 161:

https://s643.photobucket.com/user/ewaumsley/library/Anagram Records Trophy Final 2010?sort=4&page=1

Edited by Rhodes

40 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

These old topics you are finding Rhodes are bringing up lots of former forum users that I forgot about like ref off ref and Horace.

Savagebee - Horace is one of the nicest guys I have met in football, he even went out of his way once to give me a lift back to Hertford North station after a game, I hope he is doing okay as I haven't heard anything of him for ages and last met if I recall at the Broxbourne Borough v Royston Town Hertfordshire FA Charity Shield Final on 12 May 2009 at the County Ground in Letchworth Garden City. He was one of the 'chosen few', to use a Biblical term, who had the privilege of being at Hertingfordbury Park on 15 August 2006 to witness the best goal ever scored there in 112 years by Baron 'The Baron' Charlery.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Horace is one of the nicest guys I have met in football, he even went out of his way once to give me a lift back to Hertford North station after a game, I hope he is doing okay as I haven't heard anything of him for ages and last met if I recall at the Broxbourne Borough v Royston Town Hertfordshire FA Charity Shield Final on 12 May 2009 at the County Ground in Letchworth Garden City. He was one of the 'chosen few', to use a Biblical term, who had the privilege of being at Hertingfordbury Park on 15 August 2006 to witness the best goal ever scored there in 112 years by Baron 'The Baron' Charlery.

Horace is now 75 going by his date of birth.

Anagram Records Trophy 2019/20 - OUTSTANDING/REMAINING Fixtures

After receiving the views of most of the parties concerned and with there being only 6 matches to play (3QF, 2SF and Final) the ART committee have decided if at all possible to complete the 2019/20 ART competition, when that will be is not currently known.

PLEASE NOTE - The ART competition may be cancelled at a later date if conditions dictate.

A decision on whether we run the ART 2020/21 competition will be made at a later date.