Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round - Saturday 10 August

Burnham v Tring Athletic has been called off tomorrow due to a sad death at the Hellenic League Club and will now be played on Tuesday: 

https://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/gallery/burnham-fc/148411/tributes-pour-in-following-death-of-burnham-fc-s-luca-skivington-in-car-accident.html

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round

AFC Hayes v Wembley

Biggleswade United v Swaffham Town

Bridon Ropes v Broadfields United

Burnham v Tring Athletic (Postponed)

Crawley Green v Takeley

Dunstable Town v Chipping Sodbury Town

Eynesbury Rovers v Wellingborough Town

Harefield United v Lydney Town

Haverhill Rovers v Colney Heath

Leighton Town v Thornbury Town

Leverstock Green v Ardley United

London Colney v Hadleigh United

London Tigers v Thame Rangers

Newmarket Town v Arlesey Town

Newport Pagnell Town v Cheltenham Saracens

Oxhey Jets v Flackwell Heath

Potton United v Ely City

Royal Wotton Bassett Town v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos

Saffron Walden Town v Baldock Town

Slimbridge v Edgware Town

Stotfold v Harpenden Town

Tuffley Rovers v North Greenford United

Winslow United v Roman Glass St George

Just for general information, and not SSML related, Sholing play Tadley Calleva in the FA Cup tomorrow kicking off at 8.00pm due to a clash with a cricket match. Sholing are based in Southampton so obviously a bit off the beaten track however with Punjab United v Broadbridge Heath kicking off at 12.30 in Gravesend I am sure that some anoraks will bravely attempt an FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round treble which I would have thought is fairly rare in one day.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow United v Roman Glass St George

Apologies, Winslow United v Roman Glass St George takes place at Elmfields Gate on Sunday, kick off 2.00pm, it is down as Saturday in the Non League paper

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/winslowutdfc/news/fa-cup-v-roman-glass-st-george-fc-sunday-11th-augu-2450208.html

Edited by Rhodes

There could well be some old fashioned cup shocks on the cards today folks with this strong wind, what do you think, where can you see a shock happening, I can see Arlesey Town doing well at Newmarket Town. Roll on 3.00pm.

Lets get ready to rumble folks, I gather Newport Pagnell Town are already 2-0 up against Cheltenham Saracens after only five minutes

With Leon Lobjolt upfront they will score goals for fun. After a sensational season for Buckingham Town and impressing on trial he got a contract at Northampton Town, he made a few match day squads, unfortunately Edinburgh was sacked and he never got a chance after that. If Newport Pagnell keep him, it’s a safe bet he ends up top scorer in the league. 

The scores on the doors folks:

AFC Hayes 1 Wembley 1

Biggleswade United 1 Swaffham Town 0

Bridon Ropes 3 Broadfields United 1

Burnham v Tring Athletic (Tuesday, 7.45)

Crawley Green 2 Takeley 5

Dunstable Town 3 Chipping Sodbury Town 2

Eynesbury Rovers 3 Wellingborough Town 3

Harefield United 3 Lydney Town 0

Haverhill Rovers 1 Colney Heath 6

Leighton Town 4 Thornbury Town 1

Leverstock Green 1 Ardley United 1

London Colney 2 Hadleigh United 0

London Tigers 0 Thame Rangers 2

Newmarket Town 2 Arlesey Town 2

Newport Pagnell Town 6 Cheltenham Saracens 2

Oxhey Jets 0 Flackwell Heath 4

Potton United 1 Ely City 2

Royal Wotton Bassett Town 1 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1

Saffron Walden Town 1 Baldock Town 0

Slimbridge 1 Edgware Town 0

Stotfold 3 Harpenden Town 1

Tuffley Rovers 1 North Greenford United 1

Winslow United v Roman Glass St George (Sunday, 2.00pm)

53 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Leverstock Green 1 Ardley United 1

It sounds like Leverstock Green were unlucky today and now have to travel to the Nolan Oils Ground on Tuesday, kick off 7.30pm:

https://twitter.com/levgreenfc?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Harefield United 3 Lydney Town 0

A very good win for the Hares today.

It was 0 0 at half - time so there half - time team talk must have been a good one ? 

Richard Pacquette scored one of their goals today and in him they have a top player playing for them.

16 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Eynesbury Rovers 3 Wellingborough Town 3

Someone was present at this thriller from another Forum, I did say that the strong wind would play a part in cup ties yesterday:

Eynesbury Rovers 3 Wellingborough Town 3 
FA Cup E.P. Round 
h/t 1-2 
att. 137 
Like most games today, this game was dominated by the strong wind. The Doughboys went into a deserved lead with an inswinging corner that only got the slightest touch before ending in the net. Rovers equalised before Town took the lead right on the stroke of HT. Rovers twice equalised in the second half the last goal coming in time added on after the Doughboys keeper feigned injury forcing the referee to add on about five minutes. 

Hall Road will have been visited by most on here. It looked tidy for the start of the season with a snooker table of a pitch. A more than edible bacon burger was consumed before the game and thanks to sheffgeoff for driving, (the lucky so-and-so winning sixty quid in the raffle). 

20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Biggleswade United 1 Swaffham Town 0

Someone from another Forum was at this affair yesterday, again the wind played a part by the sounds of it:

Biggleswade United 1 - 0 Swaffham Town 
FA Cup EP Round 
Admission £6; Prog free, online only 
Having been quite impressed with Biggleswade when I saw them pre-season, I decided to take in this interesting looking tie against newly promoted Swaffham. 
Only my second visit to Second Meadow, the first 11 years ago. The main things I remember were the sea of mud behind one goal where everyone parked, and being able to still see Biggleswade Town's old ground across the fields. 
The view across the fields is now out, as the whole ground is enclosed with a grey metal fence. The car parking area is still grassed, but was OK this time around, and outside the fence. Plenty of room for today's crowd, though the visitors did come in a coach - a rare sight nowadays. Heard several comments from the home crowd about them having ideas above their station because they had a coach, though I certainly remember the days when it was the norm at this level. 
A new stand now sits opposite the old one, with lots of seats and a small standing area at one end. This gave good shelter from the wind and rain so I watched from here. 
The first half was fairly forgettable, United playing up the slope with the wind behind, neither side really getting to grips with the conditions. Not many chances, and several injury breaks for Town players. 
The second half was much better, with chances for both sides, the home side taking theirs with just over 10 minutes to go, and then seeing out the match to take the tie. 

On 10/08/2019 at 17:33, Rhodes said:

Winslow United v Roman Glass St George (Sunday, 2.00pm)

I'm surprised nobody bothered to post the result from this afternoon's tie at Elmfields Gate, a disappointing 3-2 defeat for Winslow United:

Winslow United 2 Roman Glass St George 3

18 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I'm surprised nobody bothered to post the result from this afternoon's tie at Elmfields Gate, a disappointing 3-2 defeat for Winslow United:

Winslow United 2 Roman Glass St George 3

The dream is over and they can concentrate on the league as they say ? oh and a few other smaller cups ? 

Well the dream of Wembley is over for Broadfields United, Crawley Green, London Tigers, Oxhey Jets, Potton United, Baldock Town, Edgware Town and Harpenden Town too isn't it

How the Preliminary Round is shaping up so far for our Club's:

Preliminary Round – Saturday 24 August

AFC Hayes or Wembley v Berkhamsted

Cirencester Town v Tuffley Rovers or North Greenford United

Dunstable Town v Shortwood United

Evesham United v Harefield United

Highworth Town v Leverstock Green or Ardley United

London Colney v Halstead Town

March Town United v Eynesbury Rovers or Wellingborough Town

Newmarket Town or Arlesey Town v Peterborough Northern Star

Newport Pagnell Town v Flackwell Heath

Royal Wotton Bassett Town or Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v North Leigh

Slimbridge v Burnham or Tring Athletic

Soham Town Rangers v Biggleswade United

Southend Manor or Long Melford v Colney Heath

Stotfold v Canvey Island

Thame United v Leighton Town

On 10/08/2019 at 17:33, Rhodes said:

Slimbridge 1 Edgware Town 0

A narrow win for Slimbridge over Edgware Town on Saturday, disappointing for Edgware who, I'm sure, expected to progress further in the competition:

https://www.gazetteseries.co.uk/sport/17830268.fords-strike-takes-slimbridge-tight-fa-cup-contest/

Disappointing performance against a tall, physical but distinctly average side. Lads knew it themselves, it happens. Was a tough day from the start, keeper Sam went down horribly and was knocked unconscious and dislocated his shoulder in the first minute, shook the lads a bit. He asked to carry on and made a couple of saves before decision was taken to get him off when it was clear he was struggling. 

Side note, I haven’t been able to get on here for a few days, the same pop up ‘congratulations you’ve won blah blah’ kept coming up and made it impossible, anyone else have that trouble? 

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Well the dream of Wembley is over for Broadfields United, Crawley Green, London Tigers, Oxhey Jets, Potton United, Baldock Town, Edgware Town and Harpenden Town too isn't it

There's more chance of you actually attending a game and doing your own reports than there ever was of any of these clubs getting to Wembley...;)

Stingray - You didn't have very much to beat on Saturday by the sounds of it, it won't be so easy at Thame United in the next round will it

https://www.leightontownfc.co.uk/photos/20190810-home-v-thornbury-town-fa-cup-905025.html

Edited by Rhodes