Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lewes V Enfield Town

seemgee

Ok I will start off....  fantastic pitch and viewing makes this my favourite ground to visit.....playing into a gale force diagonal wind first half it was always going to be tough ... we were helped by the Lewes strikers smacking everything out of the ground and when their striker was found one on one with McDonald his chip also went over the stand... when they did find the target our keeper was excellent and I thought first half Weatherstone was a class above anything I’ve seen at our level for a long while ... to nick a goal from the pacy Charles was a real brucie bonus .... second half as expected we had most of the play without creating too many clear chances maluba was solid and  rumens had an excellent half ... but like what we did Lewes grabbed a goal when to be honest they never looked like scoring... the last five minutes it was really backs to the wall but we held on for a deserved draw....A real hard working display... no real standout performances apart from the defence... Not Bricknells type of game and he looked to have needed this... Charles could be interesting with his pace ... a very enjoyable game in very trying conditions.....

Well I have an excuse. I was at Cropredy listening to Fairport Convention. I am now camping in the Lake District and off to Edinburgh on Tuesday where I will stay till Saturday then make my way back to Hemel. Anticipate my first league game will probably be Saturday week. Football should not be played in August!

Keep up the good work Theo .. always good to hear perspectives on the game.

Am currently working in wales, so tomorrow night I will be at Pennydarren BGC vs Aberbargoed Buds!! So will be looking for forum and twitter updates on the towners!!

Archived