Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Rhodes

Middlesex Senior Cup - 2019/20

Recommended Posts

Middlesex Senior Cup First Round draw

Broadfields United v Wembley 
Hanworth Villa v Staines Town 
Harefield United v Hanwell Town 
Bedfont Sports v Ashford Town (Middx) 
Wingate & Finchley v Edgware Town 
Spelthorne Sports v CB Hounslow United 
North Greenford United v Enfield 
Southall v Uxbridge 
Enfield Town v Northwood

 
(Byes: Barnet; Brentford Reserves; Hampton & Richmond Borough; Harrow Borough; Hayes & Yeading United; Hendon; Wealdstone)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Middlesex Senior Cup First Round draw

Broadfields United v Wembley 
Hanworth Villa v Staines Town 
Harefield United v Hanwell Town 
Bedfont Sports v Ashford Town (Middx) 
Wingate & Finchley v Edgware Town 
Spelthorne Sports v CB Hounslow United 
North Greenford United v Enfield 
Southall v Uxbridge 
Enfield Town v Northwood

 
(Byes: Barnet; Brentford Reserves; Hampton & Richmond Borough; Harrow Borough; Hayes & Yeading United; Hendon; Wealdstone)

Well done Brentfords Reserves 😉 UP THE BEES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savagebee - Surely it is unfair to have league team's in County Cup competitions such as this and the London Senior Cup for example, they will just win it every year won't they and to even give them a first round bye is simply crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Surely it is unfair to have league team's in County Cup competitions such as this and the London Senior Cup for example, they will just win it every year won't they and to even give them a first round bye is simply crazy

Yes I see what you are saying Rhodes but theres no guarantee that Brentford Reserves will win it and teams might raise there game against the Bees and to be honest a lot of clubs don't take the Middlesex Cups to serious to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savagebee - Brentford won it last season didn't they so I rest my case. Personally I think they should consider doing away with the County Cup competitions or at least some of them, you said yourself that Club's don't take them seriously and aren't really interested in taking part as it 'clogs up' the season, logistically it's a nightmare too especially for fixture Secretaries trying to fit games around league fixtures and domestic cups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Brentford won it last season didn't they so I rest my case. 

This was only the second time in the club's history they reached the final, the last time was back in 1897-98, a final they lost to  2nd Battalion Scots Guards but it was replayed following a protest.

Your case has been rejected

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middlesex_Senior_Cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/08/2019 at 08:19, Savagebee said:

Well done Brentfords Reserves 😉 UP THE BEES!

Not SSML related but I noticed on the London Football Guide website that there is a free entry game at Griffin Park this evening, kick off 7.00pm, I'm sure Savagebee will be in attendance:

http://www.tlfg.uk/

Tuesday 20 August
Friendly
Brentford B v West Ham United U23 @7pm - arguably the bargain of the week is to be found at Griffin Park where it's free entry to watch the Bees' second string entertain the Hammers. Remember, this fine old ground is closing at the end of the season so don't miss your chance to visit it if you've never been

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Not SSML related but I noticed on the London Football Guide website that there is a free entry game at Griffin Park this evening, kick off 7.00pm, I'm sure Savagebee will be in attendance:

http://www.tlfg.uk/

Tuesday 20 August
Friendly
Brentford B v West Ham United U23 @7pm - arguably the bargain of the week is to be found at Griffin Park where it's free entry to watch the Bees' second string entertain the Hammers. Remember, this fine old ground is closing at the end of the season so don't miss your chance to visit it if you've never been

Yep I will be there 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savagebee - Is this definitely the last season for the Bees at Griffin Park, the Club have played there since 1904 haven't they so we will all have a tear in our eye when it's sadly bulldozed for more yuppie flats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Is this definitely the last season for the Bees at Griffin Park, the Club have played there since 1904 haven't they so we will all have a tear in our eye when it's sadly bulldozed for more yuppie flats

It is indeed.

The game ended 2 2 last night and it was well worth the entrance fee 😉 A good game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savagebee - I gather the capacity of the new ground will only be 17,250, that's not a lot is it and you will share with London Irish rugby club, I'm not a big fan of rugby being played on football grounds are you and the rugby club's always seem to want to rule the roost

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I gather the capacity of the new ground will only be 17,250, that's not a lot is it and you will share with London Irish rugby club, I'm not a big fan of rugby being played on football grounds are you and the rugby club's always seem to want to rule the roost

 

I would say 17,250 is enough for Brentford in the Championship and below but it COULD be a problem IF they were to get promoted to the Premiership.

Sharing with London Irish RFC is all about the money which sadly Brentford FC has become more and more about these days especially since they have been in the Championship.

The areas and roads around Brentford's new ground are going to be gridlocked on match days its going to be a nightmare. There are already major traffic problems in the area around Brentford's new ground now.

 

Sorry I'm :offtopic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savagebee - I see you went down 1-0 at Elland Road last night but must have played reasonably well, is there any fear of being relegated this season which would obviously be a disaster for the Club with the new ground opening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I see you went down 1-0 at Elland Road last night but must have played reasonably well, is there any fear of being relegated this season which would obviously be a disaster for the Club with the new ground opening.

Yes obviously the club wants to at least be in the Championship when they move into the new ground and I do think there is a decent chance that the club could get relegated this season. Every decent player the club has gets sold to a bigger team so every season there is a big change to the first team squad. Brentford FC is a nursery club for the big teams to be honest. For me IF Brentford stay up that's job done in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...