Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 17 August - Results/Reports

Guess who is officiating at Oxhey Jets tomorrow folks , be scared, be very scared. All games kick off at 3.00pm, Crawley Green are left twiddling their thumbs:

PREMIER DIVISION

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Wembley

Baldock Town v Edgware Town

Broadfields United v Eynesbury Rovers

Colney Heath v Dunstable Town

Harpenden Town v Leighton Town

Leverstock Green v Potton United

London Colney v Biggleswade United

Newport Pagnell Town v North Greenford United

Oxhey Jets v Arlesey Town 

Tring Athletic v Harefield United

DIVISION ONE

Bedford v Amersham Town

Buckingham Athletic v New Salamis

FC Broxbourne Borough v Winslow United

Hillingdon Borough v Shefford Town & Campton

Langford v Enfield Borough

London Lions v Ampthill Town

London Tigers v Rayners Lane

Milton Keynes Robins FC v Wodson Park

St Panteleimon v Brimsdown

Stotfold v Park View

DIVISION TWO

Bovingdon v Mursley United

Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Codicote

Sarratt v Berkhamsted Raiders

Tring Corinthians AFC v Aston Clinton

56 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

DIVISION TWO

Bovingdon v Mursley United

An interesting interview with Mursley United supremo Jamie Lands ahead of their visit to Green Lane tomorrow afternoon:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=46026

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

DIVISION ONE

Milton Keynes Robins FC v Wodson Park

An interesting interview with Milton Keynes Robins supremo Lea Coulter ahead of their fixture with Wodson Park at the Irish Centre tomorrow:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=45954

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

DIVISION ONE

This will no doubt be of interest to Pete the Greek, a brief interview with Buckingham Athletic boss Neil Griffiths who clearly fancies his chances tomorrow for the visit of New Salamis to Stratford Fields:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=45942

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

DIVISION ONE

St Panteleimon v Brimsdown

I see that this one has the honour of being featured on The London Football Guide (TLFG) website this week: http://www.tlfg.uk/2019/08/tlfg-12-18-august-2019.html

Spartan South Midlands League Division 1
St Panteleimon v Brimsdown @3pm - the hosts won the Middlesex County League last season allowing them to move up to the 10th tier for the first time in their history. The club, with its roots in the Greek Orthodox community, have made a blistering start winning all three of their opening fixtures and scoring 13 goals in the process. On Saturday they welcome a club with links to the Turkish community so this could have a little bit of extra spice to it.

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

DIVISION ONE

I wonder whether there might be a slight doubt over the proceedings at Stratford Fields tomorrow as this evenings Buckingham Athletic Development side's Bluefin Sports Challenge Cup 2nd Round tie against Ardley United has been called off due to 'persistent rain', perhaps they are just playing safe in order to protect the eagerly awaited fixture with New Salamis.

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

PREMIER DIVISION

Harpenden Town v Leighton Town

You have to hand it to Harpenden Town for their initiative as they are offering A level result pupils free entry to Rothamsted Park tomorrow and a £2 beer although isn't it still illegal to sell alcohol to someone under the age of 18, the law may have changed:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/harpendentownfc?src=hash

The law hasn't changed Rhodsey.  A very nice gesture on behalf of the club, but rather questionable IMHO.

Lets get ready to rumble folks!

Premier Division half times scores folks, Karen doesn't provide that service does she:

PREMIER DIVISION

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1 Wembley 0

Baldock Town 2 Edgware Town 0

Broadfields United 0 Eynesbury Rovers 2

Colney Heath 2 Dunstable Town 0

Harpenden Town 0 Leighton Town 0

Leverstock Green 1 Potton United 0

London Colney 1 Biggleswade United 0

Newport Pagnell Town 1 North Greenford United 0

Oxhey Jets 0 Arlesey Town  1

Tring Athletic 1 Harefield United 0

All the scores on the doors folks, I wonder what controversy there was at Oxhey Jets in what sounded like a thriller:

PREMIER DIVISION

Baldock Town 4 Edgware Town 2

Broadfields United 0 Eynesbury Rovers 5

Colney Heath 3 Dunstable Town 0

Harpenden Town 2 Leighton Town 1

Leverstock Green 3 Potton United 1

London Colney 4 Biggleswade United 1

Newport Pagnell Town 3 North Greenford United 1

Oxhey Jets 3 Arlesey Town  3

Tring Athletic 4 Harefield United 1

DIVISION ONE

Bedford 1 Amersham Town 0

Buckingham Athletic 2 New Salamis 4

FC Broxbourne Borough 0 Winslow United 5

Hillingdon Borough 1 Shefford Town & Campton 4

Langford 2 Enfield Borough 3

London Lions 1 Ampthill Town 2

London Tigers 0 Rayners Lane 2

Milton Keynes Robins FC 3 Wodson Park 2

St Panteleimon 1 Brimsdown 1

Stotfold 2 Park View 1

DIVISION TWO

Bovingdon 2 Mursley United 3

Pitstone & Ivinghoe 3 Codicote 1

Sarratt 2 Berkhamsted Raiders 3

Tring Corinthians AFC 1 Aston Clinton 2

On 16/08/2019 at 15:26, Rhodes said:

An interesting interview with Milton Keynes Robins supremo Lea Coulter ahead of their fixture with Wodson Park at the Irish Centre tomorrow:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=45954

Terry Shrieves is the manager. 

Edited by Winslow Boy

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

All the scores on the doors folks, I wonder what controversy there was at Oxhey Jets in what sounded like a thriller:

PREMIER DIVISION

Tring Athletic 4 Harefield United 1

DIVISION ONE

Ian Basher Bates dream start to the season is over against one of my title contenders. Lets see if they can bounce back.

A Premier Division lesson for The Hares today.

A St P are human after all ? 

15 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Karen - An anorak's view you mean, you don't even indicate what game he was at yesterday:

London Lions 1 Ampthill Town 2 
Spartan South Mids, Div 1, Att: 27 (Official) 
Admission £5 , programme online. 

How there were only 3 goals in this game will remain a mystery to me and I guess others who were present. Good keeping, especially by the visiting No 1 and some wastefulness in front of goal by both teams kept it at 1-2. 
The hosts, deprived of 7 first team players due to competing in the International Maccabi Cup in Hungary started well and continually broke through the visitors defensive ranks but were wasteful at the crucial moment. On the half hour the visitors were awarded a penalty following what looked like a clear foul by the keeper, however despite him then diving the wrong way, the ball rebounded off the post. Within 2 minutes the hosts exacted punishment when after again beating the Ampthill back line their forward showed great composure and found the back of the net. 
Just prior to half time, a corner for Ampthill brought a great save from the keeper and the rebound was driven home, but was disallowed after an assistant saw an infringement. This led to one of the visitors having too much to say on the matter and he was dispatched for a ten minute breather, thus breaking my sin-bin virginity. 
Into the second half and Ampthill came out strong and equalised within a couple of minutes with a ferocious shot that beat the home keeper all ends up and went in off the underside of the bar. After that there were chances at both ends but it was the visitors who won it with another penalty late on, this time for a clumsy foul by a defender with the assistant doing his job well in bringing it to the referees attention. The kick was dispatched with aplomb, with the keeper going the wrong way. 
After that Ampthill looked comfortable as I think the significant number of senior players absent took its toll on Lions. 
Lovely set up at Rowley Lane with a decent clubhouse also housing the changing rooms at one end and flat standing all round, with one end significantly raised giving a good view. A decent 180 odd seater stand down one side dedicated to a clubman is the only cover, and the whole lot including the pitch is very impressive. 
Enjoyable company with a Charlton supporting hopper and latterly in the game BDA85 of this parish who was there in his capacity with the visitors. Good to meet you sir, hope you had a safe journey home and I hope to catch up with you again.

18 hours ago, Rhodes said:

DIVISION ONE

I see that St Panteleimon were brought back down to earth with a bump yesterday by Brimsdown, I think the SSML honeymoon period could well be over for them:

http://www.st-panteleimon.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/St-Panteleimon-FC-Match-Programme-17.08.19-Final.pdf

15 hours ago, Savagebee said:

A Premier Division lesson for The Hares today

Savagebee - Like I said Harefield United were punching well below their weight last term and are now being found out in the Premier Division:

https://twitter.com/tringathletic?lang=en

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Like I said Harefield United were punching well below their weight last term and are now being found out in the Premier Division:

https://twitter.com/tringathletic?lang=en

Not sure I understand your point here, if they were punching well below their weight last season as you say, wouldn’t that mean they should be well suited for Prem and not be getting found out?

You're right, I meant Harefield United were punching above their weight in Division One last season, that goes without saying as they only dropped two points