Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Potters Bar Town

seemgee

McDonald, Hatton, Payne, Thomas Weatherstone, Muleba, Taafe,  Youngs, Charles, Faal, Bantick

Rumens, Bricknell, Blackman, Mubiayi, Livings

Sorry for the delay writing from work.

We lead at HT 2-1 going one down after 10 mins, but goals from Charles (39) and Faal (42) have put us in front

A wasted opportunity as Town were much the better side. However, both teams suffered from the heat with certain players (especially the Scholars' number 5) blowing out out their arses after only ten minutes!

Too many over hit balls and lack of communication in the Town ranks and, in my humble opinion, some very negative substitutions in places?

Excellent banter with Nolan on his return and I was impressed with Faal.

COYT!!!

I don't agree that Town were much the better side. PBTFC will be disappointed that they didn't leave Donkey Lane with all 3 points. It seems to me that Town have two serious problems which are likely to mean that once again we will under-achieve:

1. We are incredibly vulnerable from set-pieces - especially corners. Both PBTFC goals came from corners with Town being beaten to the first header. PBTFC looked dangerous from each and every corner. Whilst Mark Weatherstone gives his all, he is not Fabio Cannavaro. He is not often going to out-jump a 6'4" opponent. We need a taller header-winning centre-half to play alongside MW - dare I say someone in the Mark Kirby mould.
  2. Andy Leese still hasn't got the midfield right. We looked vulnerable through the middle, particularly on the counter.

I am glad that the crowing cockerel saw the same game I did.

But on another point can someone please explain to me that at the PB corners our two attackers both stood on either flank. Are they not talking to each other or do they have a body odour problem.

A loose ball comes out and neither forward would reach it before the PB centre back.

Interesting reading early reports. Unfortunately I was unable to attend as a couple of hours before leaving home we received some bad news. 

That said reading the reports so far it seems to me they could have been written any time over the past two seasons. Basically AL seems unable to recognise the importance of obtaining a play maker in midfield. We seem to be over stocked with forwards without any regard to how they can best be served other than by the long ball. They are, I believe, also where most of the budget lies. 

Regarding the comments on our defensive system it is a pity that our new Centre Back, Wilson, sustained an injury right at the outset, although I was I was surprised to read that he may have made a comeback at the weekend. Other than patch up auxiliaries we don't seem to have a ready replacement. Once again only AL and his management  team can solve this problems. Even at this early stage it is must be obvious that the system being used shows no change to that of previous years. I would like to see some innovative changes. To achieve this, and to stay within budget, it may mean off loading one or two squad members who do not buy into it by insisting on doing their own thing. But that is where management comes in!!!!  

Jon is a better rb than cb.     Marc also looked tired.

Any manager can see we are weak at set pieces.

We still cant control a game when on top and try to play hollywood passes.     Was crying out in that weather just to keep possession and tire pb out.     We had moments but too many poor passes and not finding a white shirt.     Im sure tougher games lie ahead and we need to start clicking.

Just one aside.....I actually think Dan is better at centre half as an aerial presence?   Thoughts

Archived