Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

THE EMIRATES FA CUP First Round Qualifying

THE EMIRATES FA CUP First Round Qualifying

Colney Heath v Corby Town

Dunstable Town v Bishop’s Stortford

Hadley v Arlesey Town

Lowestoft Town v Thame United or Leighton Town

Wingate & Finchley v London Colney

Karen - I knew you would delight in posting that this afternoon, thanks, here is the full draw:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/aug/27/fa-cup-first-round-qualifying-draw-270819

At least, thankfully, there will be five SSML Club's in the First Qualifying Round on Saturday following last night's replay at Bell Close, I wonder how many are able to progress further as they are all tough looking ties:

Hadley v Arlesey Town

Lowestoft Town v Leighton Town

Shall we use this thread folks to debate tomorrow's five eagerly awaited ties, Arlesey Town appear to have the easiest task on paper don't they against Hadley from the Essex Senior League however Wingate & Finchley blow hot and cold and Lowestoft Town aren't pulling up trees at the moment near to the bottom of the Southern League Premier Central Division:

Saturday 7 September

The Emirates FA Cup First Qualifying Round (kick off 3.00pm)

Hadley v Arlesey Town

Lowestoft Town v Leighton Town

Lets get ready to rumble then folks, I am quite hopeful of Arlesey Town and Leighton Town's chances this afternoon but not that confident about Colney Heath, Dunstable Town and London Colney

I see Wingate & Finchley took the lead on 34 minutes, it's 1-1 at Hadley after Arlesey Town took the lead, it's 1-1 at Colney Heath and, unfortunately, 2-0 to Bishop's Stortford, O-0 at Lowestoft Town

Interval scores, London Colney are apparently playing really well:

The Emirates FA Cup First Qualifying Round

Colney Heath 1 Corby Town 2

Dunstable Town 0 Bishop’s Stortford 4

Hadley 1 Arlesey Town 1

Lowestoft Town 0 Leighton Town 0

Wingate & Finchley 1 London Colney 1

Final scores, a disappointing afternoon but well done to the five Club's who progressed this far in the competition:

Colney Heath 1 Corby Town 3

Dunstable Town 3 Bishop’s Stortford 5

Hadley 3 Arlesey Town 2

Lowestoft Town 2 Leighton Town 0

Wingate & Finchley 4 London Colney 1

31 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Lowestoft Town 2 Leighton Town 0

Some photos of the proceedings from Crown Meadow, it sounds like Leighton Town were unlucky and only conceded on 51 and 74 minutes, attendance 388:

https://twitter.com/LowestoftTownFC?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Colney Heath 1 Corby Town 3

An anorak from another Forum was at this one yesterday, surprising that none of the Officials noticed two players from Colney Heath were wearing the same number shirt:

The Emirates FA Cup – First Round Qualifying 
The Recreation Ground – Official Attendance: 245 
Colney Heath (1) 1 ……………. Corby Town (2) 3 

This tie looked to be the most intriguing of any being played on a previously unvisited ground and within reasonable travelling distance. Step 5 Colney Heath had a 100% win record in their seven competitive games played so far this season, while step 4 Corby were unbeaten in their 5 league games played to date. 
Entrance - £8 
Programme - £1 (decent enough production for the price) 
The stadium is pleasantly located in Colney Heath Recreation Ground, which primarily comprises grass football pitches of varying sizes. The disused tennis court has now become the club car park. The only cover is provided by the seated area in front of the clubhouse, so not convinced this would be a great venue for watching football on a wet afternoon or evening. 
The first half was quite entertaining, with two goals from the visitors’ #10 sandwiching a lone reply from the hosts’ #11. The game became rather scrappy after the interval; neither side managed to gain much momentum. Colney Heath did keep looking for a way back into the game; they forced a number of corners throughout the half, but didn’t create any clear cut opportunities as far as I can recall. The only goal of the half, scored inside the final eleven minutes, was a well taken effort from Corby’s #7. He nearly added another, but his curling effort against the post, bounced harmlessly away for a goal-kick. 
One thing I did notice in the second half was that Colney Heath had two players wearing a #19 shirt. Not that there would have been any confusion; one was the goalkeeper. 

Again no longer SSML related but one thing I've noticed is that Haringey Borough are always drawn at home in the FA Cup, I can't remember when they last had a tie away from Coles Park and drew AFC Wimbledon in the First Round proper last season where they made around £100,000 from the Friday night tie in front of the BBC tv cameras.

Archived