Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase First Qualifying Round - Fri/Sat 30/31 Aug & Sun 1 Sept

I thought we should have ample opportunity to discuss the 26 eagerly awaited ties involving 'our' Clubs this weekend, fill your boots!:

Buildbase FA Vase First Round Qualifying

Friday 30 August (7.45pm)

Park View v West Essex

Saturday  31 August (all 3.00pm)

AFC Hayes v Dunstable Town

Amersham Town v Thame Rangers

Bedford v Burton Park Wanderers

Chinnor v Broadfields United (Broadfield United walkover)

Colney Heath v London Lions

Crawley Green v Ampthill Town

Eynesbury Rovers v Harpenden Town

FC Broxbourne Borough v Barkingside

Flackwell Heath v Arlesey Town

Hadleigh United v Stotfold

Hillingdon v Rayners Lane

Hillingdon Borough v Kensington & Ealing Borough

Holland FC v Baldock Town

Ipswich Wanderers v Enfield Borough

Leighton Town v Bugbrooke St Michaels

Leverstock Green v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos

London Colney v Brimsdown

New Salamis v Codicote

NW London v Harefield United

Potton United v Frenford

St Panteleimon v Long Buckby

Winslow United v Rushden & Higham United

Wodson Park v Sawbridgeworth Town

Sunday 1 September (all 3.00pm)

Chalvey Sports v Wembley

Holyport v Unite MK

Irchester United v North Greenford United

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Hillingdon are top of the Cherry Red Books Middlesex County Football League but they haven't played any of the title faves yet so it will be interesting to see how they do against a Step 6 team. Ive seen Hillingdon play a few times over the years and they are a hard working organised team but they are inconsistent and they normally finish a solid mid table finish each season. Anyone know where this game is being played as I cant see Hillingdons ground being fit for the FA Vase?

I watched NW London beat Brentham 2 0 recently and they looked a decent team who like to pass the ball about but I cant see them beating Harefield United but I guess that we will just have to wait and see......

St Panteleimons sixth home game in a row the fixtures have been kind to them so far.........

? 

Edited by Savagebee

1 minute ago, Savagebee said:

Anyone know where this game is being played as I cant see Hillingdons ground being fit for the FA Vase?

I see that it is being played at Hillingdons home ground The Brunel University Sports Complex :unsure: (According to football.mitoo) I didn't think that there ground would be up to the FA Vase standards? but I guess it must be.

There COULD be a FA Vase shock there.

47 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Savagebee - I wonder how many old fashioned shocks there will be at the weekend, as you say there could be one at Hillingdon. There's nothing worse than when 'our' sides are drawn against each other is there, there are six all SSML ties

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Park View v West Essex

How do we see this one going this evening, I don't know much about West Essex other than they play in the Essex Senior league and are based at Mayesbrook Park in Dagenham, the ground is near to Upney station at the end of the District Line infact they groundshare with Barking, they have only played two league games so far this term, one win and a draw, so it's difficult to assess them. Park View won't be buoyed by their win less Division 1 campaign thus far will they, which included a 4-0 home defeat to Langford, although they had an encouraging 6-3 win at Mursley United in the Challenge Trophy last Saturday and will hopefully still be on a high from that.

These three FA Vase ties get a mention on the informative London Football Guide website, it's interesting that the Clapton v Hackney Wick tie at Coles Park this evening takes place a stones throw away from the New River Sports Centre where Park View take on West Essex, I'm surprised kick off times haven't somehow been staggered to allow anoraks to take in both games:

http://www.tlfg.uk/

Park View are playing West Essex at their normal home ground on White Hart Lane just a few metres from the Wickers game at Haringey Borough. None of them are likely to get huge crowds so it's quite tough to recommend one but perhaps try Park View as they rarely get a mention on here and they could pull off an upset

New Salamis v Codicote @3pm - another new club in the Vase are New Salamis who moved up to the 10th tier over the summer. They take on a side who've slid down the divisions in recent seasons and I'm surprised to see them start this as underdogs

NW London v Harefield United @3pm - the hosts were playing 12th-tier football last season but got promoted to the MCFL Premier Division. Consequently they are one of the lowest ranked teams to be making their debut this season. They're playing this game at Hadley's ground and it's going to be tough as Harefield won the SSML Division 1 title with ease last season

On 29/08/2019 at 15:03, Rhodes said:

Park View v West Essex

No result this evening:

Park View A-A West Essex (abandoned on 87mins with the score at 1-1 due to serious injury to a West Essex player)

https://twitter.com/EssexSenior

https://twitter.com/westessexfc?lang=en

An anorak from another Forum was at the game last night so here is a good account of what went on and the unfortunate conclusion to the proceedings:

Park View 1 West Essex 1 - Abandoned 85 minutes due to serious injury. 
FA Vase. Att; 70 ish 
Admission £7 programmes sold out prior to my arrival. 

What was building up to an intriguing finish came to an abrupt end on 85 minutes when a rash tackle by a home player resulted in what I can only guess, due to the sound that reverberated, a broken leg. The offender was dismissed but it was clear the injured player had problems and after consulting both benches the referee abandoned the game. 
What had preceded had been fairly ordinary. The first half mainly saw West Essex in the ascendancy possession wise but too often promising attacks filtered out due to poor choices or simply a poor ball. On occasions they did get through, the home keeper was swiftly off his line to thwart them. 
Little was seen of Park View as an attacking force but early in the second half they broke the deadlock with a terrific shot from all of 25 yards that flew past the keeper and went in off the post. 
After that West Essex pressed but without looking like scoring until the 78th minute when a superb right wing corner was headed home from close range. 
A we approached extra time, came the unfortunate incident which was totally out of character with the rest of the game. 
My best wishes go to the injured player. 
The New River Stadium is literally a few hundred yards up the road from Haringey Boroughs ground, and consists of a large 1400 or so seater stand down one side which is raised and gives a good view over a running track of the action. Uncovered terracing exists over the far side where the benches are located. The pitch has multiple markings for other sports which initially caused me some confusion, probably a sign of old age. 
Plenty of groundhoppers in attendance this evening, and I am in no doubt other reports of this match will follow. 

On 29/08/2019 at 15:03, Rhodes said:

AFC Hayes v Dunstable Town

Amersham Town v Thame Rangers

Bedford v Burton Park Wanderers

Chinnor v Broadfields United (Broadfield United walkover)

Colney Heath v London Lions

Crawley Green v Ampthill Town

Eynesbury Rovers v Harpenden Town

FC Broxbourne Borough v Barkingside

Flackwell Heath v Arlesey Town

Hadleigh United v Stotfold

Hillingdon Borough v Kensington & Ealing Borough

Holland FC v Baldock Town

Ipswich Wanderers v Enfield Borough

Leighton Town v Bugbrooke St Michaels

Leverstock Green v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos

London Colney v Brimsdown

New Salamis v Codicote

Potton United v Frenford

Winslow United v Rushden & Higham United

Wodson Park v Sawbridgeworth Town

Lets get ready to rumble then folks, it's almost the witching hour:

The scores on the doors so far:

Buildbase FA Vase First Round Qualifying

Saturday  31 August

AFC Hayes 3 Dunstable Town 1

Amersham Town 2 Thame Rangers 1

Bedford 2 Burton Park Wanderers 0

Chinnor v Broadfields United (Broadfield United walkover)

Colney Heath 4 London Lions 0

Crawley Green 4 Ampthill Town 2

Eynesbury Rovers 2 Harpenden Town 0

FC Broxbourne Borough 3 Barkingside 0

Flackwell Heath 3 Arlesey Town 1

Hadleigh United 2 Stotfold 6

Hillingdon 5 Rayners Lane 1

Hillingdon Borough 3 Kensington & Ealing Borough 2 (after Extra Time)

Holland FC 0 Baldock Town 2

Ipswich Wanderers 0 Enfield Borough 3

Leighton Town 3 Bugbrooke St Michaels 0

Leverstock Green 1 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1 (after Extra Time, replay on Tuesday)

London Colney 3 Brimsdown 1

New Salamis 4 Codicote 0

NW London 0 Harefield United 2

Potton United 0 Frenford 6

St Panteleimon 3 Long Buckby 4

Winslow United 7 Rushden & Higham United 1

Wodson Park 2 Sawbridgeworth Town 1 (after Extra Time)

Edited by Rhodes

Saturday 31st August

THE BUILDBASE FA VASE First Round Qualifying

3-1 AFC Hayes v Dunstable Town

2-1 Amersham Town v Thame Rangers 35

2-0 Bedford v Burton Park Wanderers 35

4-0 Colney Heath v London Lions 73

4-2 Crawley Green v Ampthill Town 68

2-0 Eynesbury Rovers v Harpenden Town 92

3-0 FC Broxbourne Borough v Barkingside 35

3-1 Flackwell Heath v Arlesey Town 64

6-2 Hadleigh United v Stotfold

5-1 Hillingdon v Rayners Lane

3-2 Hillingdon Borough v Kensington & Ealing Borough 50

0-2 Holland v Baldock Town

0-3 Ipswich Wanderers v Enfield Borough

3-0 Leighton Town v Bugbrooke St Michaels 144

1-1* Leverstock Green v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 67

3-1 London Colney v Brimsdown 35

4-0 New Salamis v Codicote

0-2 NW London v Harefield United

0-6 Potton United v Frenford 87

3-4 St Panteleimon v Long Buckby 58

7-1 Winslow United v Rushden & Higham United 82

2-1 Wodson Park v Sawbridgeworth Town 18

Edited by Karen Browne

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

One FA Vase result wrong as posted by Rhodes (Stotfold were beaten)

Karen - That's strange as I'm sure it was showing as 6-2 to Stotfold at about 5.00pm on your SSML website, apologies anyway if I misled anyone

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

The scores on the doors so far:

Buildbase FA Vase First Round Qualifying

Saturday  31 August

Hillingdon Borough 3 Kensington & Ealing Borough 2 (after Extra Time)

Er, score was 3-2 at 90 mins.

Last time I checked scores needed to be level before matches go into extra time unless this was a Rule change I missed. 

3 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Saturday 31st August

3-1 AFC Hayes v Dunstable Town

2-1 Amersham Town v Thame Rangers 35

2-0 Bedford v Burton Park Wanderers 35

4-0 Colney Heath v London Lions 73

4-2 Crawley Green v Ampthill Town 68

2-0 Eynesbury Rovers v Harpenden Town 92

3-0 FC Broxbourne Borough v Barkingside 35

3-1 Flackwell Heath v Arlesey Town

6-2 Hadleigh United v Stotfold

3-2* Hillingdon Borough v Kensington & Ealing Borough 50

0-2 Holland v Baldock Town

0-3 Ipswich Wanderers v Enfield Borough

3-0 Leighton Town v Bugbrooke St Michaels 144

1-1* Leverstock Green v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos

3-1 London Colney v Brimsdown 35

4-0 New Salamis v Codicote

0-2 NW London v Harefield United

0-6 Potton United v Frenford 87

3-4 St Panteleimon v Long Buckby 58

7-1 Winslow United v Rushden & Higham United 82

2-1* Wodson Park v Sawbridgeworth Town 18

No extra time was played.

4 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

Er, score was 3-2 at 90 mins.

Last time I checked scores needed to be level before matches go into extra time unless this was a Rule change I missed. 

So does that mean you were Officiating at the Middlesex Stadium today, I will have to look for a match report to see whether there was any controversy. By the way what happened to St Panteleimon in their tie today. 

We set the 'Mad Scot' Bill Hamilton loose at Berkeley Fields for the FA Vase clash between the unbeaten Division 1 leaders of both the Spartan South Midlands and United Counties Leagues. A cup tie that lived up to its billing. Three times St Panteleimon took the lead against Long Buckby, only to see the resilient visitors draw level on each occasion before having the temerity to turn the tables on their hosts with an 87th minute winner.

The Saints captain Roberto Katsikas was perfectly positioned to turn in Courtney Massey's cross to give his side an interval lead but the second half was hardly underway when Jim Smith hit the first of an impressive hat trick for the Northamptonshire side. It included a 77th minute penalty which resulted in the home team's Nico Campbell sent off for  handling the ball on the goal-line.

Noyan  Tajbakhsh scored twice for the Saints including finishing off an effort from teammate Michael Frangeskou which had rebounded off both goalposts and the goalkeeper. It looked as though it might be enough to live up to the club's motto 'Faith First' but not this time with Long Buckby's late winner avenging last season's defeat by Saints in the very same round of the Vase.
They are already Wembley bound … not to the Stadium but to the home of Wembley FC for a second cup battle with the Middlesex County side Cricklewood Wanderers.

Excellent  entertainment for the fans in a game of such fluctuating fortunes.

3 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

So does that mean you were Officiating at the Middlesex Stadium today, I will have to look for a match report to see whether there was any controversy. By the way what happened to St Panteleimon in their tie today. 

The only controversy is you cannot get your facts correct regarding what occurred at the Middlesex Stadium.

St Panteleimon lost if you requiring confirmation that you correctly posted that result.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 16:08, Savagebee said:

Hillingdon are top of the Cherry Red Books Middlesex County Football League but they haven't played any of the title faves yet so it will be interesting to see how they do against a Step 6 team. Ive seen Hillingdon play a few times over the years and they are a hard working organised team but they are inconsistent and they normally finish a solid mid table finish each season. Anyone know where this game is being played as I cant see Hillingdons ground being fit for the FA Vase?

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 16:17, Savagebee said:

I see that it is being played at Hillingdons home ground The Brunel University Sports Complex :unsure: (According to football.mitoo) I didn't think that there ground would be up to the FA Vase standards? but I guess it must be.

4 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Saturday 31st August

WALLOP!

Well done Hillingdon FC what a great result.

? 

14 hours ago, petethegreek said:

No extra time was played.

3-2* Hillingdon Borough v Kensington & Ealing Borough 50

Karen - Why did it take you so long to put the result up on your website then, it must have been 5.30 so naturally I assumed that extra time was played