Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase First Qualifying Round - Fri/Sat 30/31 Aug & Sun 1 Sept

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Buildbase FA Vase First Round Qualifying

Leverstock Green 1 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1 (after Extra Time, replay on Tuesday)

A report on this stalemate:

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/event/190831f/

33 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Karen - Why did it take you so long to put the result up on your website then, it must have been 5.30 so naturally I assumed that extra time was played

I don't put the results on Full Time, its the clubs that text the results in.

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Ipswich Wanderers 0 Enfield Borough 3

An impressive win for Enfield Borough yesterday with Issac Stevens scoring twice,  Enfield Borough now travel to Enfield FC in the Second Qualifying Round

https://twitter.com/EnfieldBoroFC?lang=en

20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Leverstock Green 1 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1 (after Extra Time, replay on Tuesday)

A very interesting and informative interview with Aylesbury Vale Dynamos supremo Paul Bonham ahead of their tie at Pancake Lane yesterday:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=46484

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

I don't put the results on Full Time, its the clubs that text the results in.

So in other words Hillingdon Borough dragged their feet in texting you the result yesterday, did they say why and will they incur a fine for that, presumably they also had to text the result to the FA

On 29/08/2019 at 15:03, Rhodes said:

Buildbase FA Vase First Round Qualifying

Sunday 1 September (all 3.00pm)

Chalvey Sports v Wembley

Holyport v Unite MK

Irchester United v North Greenford United

Lets get ready to rumble folks:

On 31/08/2019 at 14:22, Rhodes said:

An anorak from another Forum was at the game last night so here is a good account of what went on and the unfortunate conclusion to the proceedings:

Park View 1 West Essex 1 - Abandoned 85 minutes due to serious injury. 
FA Vase. Att; 70 ish 
Admission £7 programmes sold out prior to my arrival. 

What was building up to an intriguing finish came to an abrupt end on 85 minutes when a rash tackle by a home player resulted in what I can only guess, due to the sound that reverberated, a broken leg. The offender was dismissed but it was clear the injured player had problems and after consulting both benches the referee abandoned the game. 
What had preceded had been fairly ordinary. The first half mainly saw West Essex in the ascendancy possession wise but too often promising attacks filtered out due to poor choices or simply a poor ball. On occasions they did get through, the home keeper was swiftly off his line to thwart them. 
Little was seen of Park View as an attacking force but early in the second half they broke the deadlock with a terrific shot from all of 25 yards that flew past the keeper and went in off the post. 
After that West Essex pressed but without looking like scoring until the 78th minute when a superb right wing corner was headed home from close range. 
A we approached extra time, came the unfortunate incident which was totally out of character with the rest of the game. 
My best wishes go to the injured player. 
The New River Stadium is literally a few hundred yards up the road from Haringey Boroughs ground, and consists of a large 1400 or so seater stand down one side which is raised and gives a good view over a running track of the action. Uncovered terracing exists over the far side where the benches are located. The pitch has multiple markings for other sports which initially caused me some confusion, probably a sign of old age. 
Plenty of groundhoppers in attendance this evening, and I am in no doubt other reports of this match will follow. 

Thank you for your kind words about my account being a ‘Good’ one. However, why do you feel the need to refer to me as an Anorak, presumably having never met me. Yes, I like to Groundhop but does that make me an Anorak ? I haven’t owned one of them for years, since I was at school, and I blame my mum for that....

It appears the game is being re staged this Wednesday, 4th September. 

I shall be packing m duffle bag with corned beef sandwiches, ? my BR timetable and filling my flask with coffee ️ before I venture out....Once I have updated my handwritten log of every game I have ever been to.......?

Ian H - Good to hear from you, the 'anorak' moniker I regularly use is not meant to be negative or a criticism in any way infact, if anything, it is a compliment to the reporter and the likes of yourself are a blessing and Godsend to the beautiful game. How did you feel about the unfortunate abandonment, did you wish that you had chosen to attend the game across the road at Coles Park instead or have you already'ticked' Haringey Borough.

Interval scores, looking good for our three Club's so far:

Sunday 1 September (all 3.00pm)

Chalvey Sports 0 Wembley 1

Holyport 0 Unite MK 2

Irchester United 0 North Greenford United 2

The scores on the doors, shame about Unite MK after leading 2-0 at the break:

Sunday 1 September

Chalvey Sports 0 Wembley 1

Holyport 3 Unite MK 2

Irchester United 0 North Greenford United 3

The draw for the Second Qualifying Round involving our Club's, some mouth watering ties in prospect especially Enfield 1893 v Enfield Borough:

Buildbase FA Vase Second Round Qualifying

Bedford v Bedfont & Feltham

Broadfields United v Hanworth Villa

Buckingham Athletic v Hillingdon

Colney Heath v Haverhill Rovers

Crawley Green v Winslow United

Edgware Town v Eynesbury Rovers

Enfield 1893 v Enfield Borough

FC Broxbourne Borough v Wivenhoe Town

Harborough Town v Hillingdon Borough

Harefield United v Rothwell Corinthians

Langford v Hackney Wick

Leverstock Green or Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Rugby Borough

London Colney v Baldock Town

Long Crendon v Leighton Town

Lutterworth Town v Amersham Town

Milton Keynes Robins FC v Fleet Spurs

New Salamis v Tower Hamlets

North Greenford United v Oxhey Jets

Park View or West Essex v Brantham Athletic

Stanway Rovers v Wodson Park

Wembley v Risborough Rangers

On 31/08/2019 at 14:22, Rhodes said:

An anorak from another Forum was at the game last night so here is a good account of what went on and the unfortunate conclusion to the proceedings:

Park View 1 West Essex 1 - Abandoned 85 minutes due to serious injury. 
FA Vase. Att; 70 ish 
Admission £7 programmes sold out prior to my arrival. 

What was building up to an intriguing finish came to an abrupt end on 85 minutes when a rash tackle by a home player resulted in what I can only guess, due to the sound that reverberated, a broken leg. The offender was dismissed but it was clear the injured player had problems and after consulting both benches the referee abandoned the game. 
What had preceded had been fairly ordinary. The first half mainly saw West Essex in the ascendancy possession wise but too often promising attacks filtered out due to poor choices or simply a poor ball. On occasions they did get through, the home keeper was swiftly off his line to thwart them. 
Little was seen of Park View as an attacking force but early in the second half they broke the deadlock with a terrific shot from all of 25 yards that flew past the keeper and went in off the post. 
After that West Essex pressed but without looking like scoring until the 78th minute when a superb right wing corner was headed home from close range. 
A we approached extra time, came the unfortunate incident which was totally out of character with the rest of the game. 
My best wishes go to the injured player. 
The New River Stadium is literally a few hundred yards up the road from Haringey Boroughs ground, and consists of a large 1400 or so seater stand down one side which is raised and gives a good view over a running track of the action. Uncovered terracing exists over the far side where the benches are located. The pitch has multiple markings for other sports which initially caused me some confusion, probably a sign of old age. 
Plenty of groundhoppers in attendance this evening, and I am in no doubt other reports of this match will follow. 

21 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Ian H - Good to hear from you, the 'anorak' moniker I regularly use is not meant to be negative or a criticism in any way infact, if anything, it is a compliment to the reporter and the likes of yourself are a blessing and Godsend to the beautiful game. How did you feel about the unfortunate abandonment, did you wish that you had chosen to attend the game across the road at Coles Park instead or have you already'ticked' Haringey Borough.

Rhodes, no offence taken, I was hoping that was apparent from my post...obviously need to work on the humour / sarcasm....! 

I have been to Borough before , a few times and considered the Hackney Wick game but settled in the end for PV. 

The abandonment was the right thing as the injured party was in some discomfort and as ambulance arrival times are not as quick as they once were it was the only option. Understandably , nobody wanted to move the injured fellow. 

Good news for Pete the Greek folks, the New Salamis v Tower Hamlets tie takes place on Friday 13 September so he will no doubt attend, all the remaining ties involving SSML Club'd are the following day:

AFC Hayes v London Tigers

Bedford v Bedfont & Feltham

Broadfields United v Hanworth Villa

Enfield 1893 v Enfield Borough

Harborough Town v Hillingdon Borough

Harefield United v Rothwell Corinthians

Langford v Hackney Wick

Leverstock Green or Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Rugby Borough (replay 3 Sept)

Long Crendon v Leighton Town

Lutterworth Town v Amersham Town

Milton Keynes Robins FC v Fleet Spurs

New Salamis v Tower Hamlets (Fri 13 Sept)

Park View or West Essex v Brantham Athletic (replayed game 4 Sept)

Stanway Rovers v Wodson Park

Wembley v Risborough Rangers

1 minute ago, Rhodes said:

Good news for Pete the Greek folks, the New Salamis v Tower Hamlets tie takes place on Friday 13 September so he will no doubt attend, all the remaining ties involving SSML Club'd are the following day:

New Salamis v Tower Hamlets (Fri 13 Sept)

Are you suggesting that I have been appointed to this tie? ? 

Karen - You have been as quiet as a mouse today, I wondered when you would post. That's what your SSML website says, New Salamis v Tower Hamlets on the Friday night and the remaining ties on the Saturday, I guess if Park View hopefully come through on Wednesday night against West Essex they may play on the Friday night again.

20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Broadfields United v Hanworth Villa

This game is on Friday 13 September with a 7.45pm kick off

On 01/09/2019 at 16:58, Rhodes said:

Sunday 1 September

Irchester United 0 North Greenford United 3

An amusing report on this affair on Sunday from another Forum, interesting that the gate was collected during the game:

FA Vase 1Q 
Alfred St 
Irchester United 0-3 North Greenford United

{STEP06 UCL-1 - 5th} v {STEP05 SSM-P - 20th} 
Adm: £5 prog £1 - pretty sparse affair 
Att: h/c 60+ official 40 (lots of visiting officials) 
'Gate' was collected during game 

Directions: up to Oxford Ring - bit busy clockwise nr Botley then onward via M40 up to jn 10 NE on A45 round N'hampton then exit at jn14 A509 S. then almost immediately B570 east. 
Ground is off a continuation of the B570 - along Woolaston Lane 
arr c. 14:30 
Facilities: nice large plush clubhouse but an odd collection of Ales - Ringwood's Razor Back or Boon Doggle; Marston's Lancaster Bomber and couple of others. 
Seated stand behind goal at the clubhouse end - the rest of the pitch is railed on three sides with one open to cricket. 
No hot food served from hatch in Club - only Rolls and as far as I could find out, only Cheese. 
Match: NGU might be struggling to get going in the SSMP but were a couple of classes above their very limited hosts. 
0-1 pen, 0-2 Ht, 0-3 
A defender picked up a straight Red late on, when another foray floundered on the edge of the NGU box - some audible F&A language directed at the young official. 
Back home via A509 MK and Aylesbury - failing miserably to find an eater-chain open or serving on that route. 
- most Pubs were closed; undergoing re-furb or kitchens not open or converted to Asian Cuisine 
- mate - who is the epitome of fussy and pernickety and did not seemed too enthusiastic about 'Buddies' at the apex of the MK conurbation. 
- I don't think he's too familiar with the term 'Gourmet' in Gourmet Burger. Associates 'burger' with McVomits or Burgler King 
Eventually gave-up and dropped him outside the Stonehouse pub (known locally as the 'Upsy Down': Pizzeria and Roasts - in my experience pretty arid unless you catch the 'carve' as it's brought out to be served) nr his own abode in Whitley. 
.... back home to fridge raid. 

The revised draw for the Second Qualifying Round of the FA Vase involving our Clubs:

Buildbase FA Vase Second Round Qualifying (Sat 14 Sept, 3.00pm unless stated)

AFC Hayes v London Tigers

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Rugby Borough

Bedford v Bedfont & Feltham

Broadfields United v Hanworth Villa (Fri 13 Sept, 7.45pm)

Enfield 1893 v Enfield Borough

Harborough Town v Hillingdon Borough

Harefield United v Rothwell Corinthians

Langford v Hackney Wick

Long Crendon v Leighton Town (Sun 15 Sept, 1.00pm)

Lutterworth Town v Amersham Town

Milton Keynes Robins FC v Fleet Spurs

New Salamis v Tower Hamlets (Fri 13 Sept, 7.45pm)

Park View or West Essex v Brantham Athletic

Stanway Rovers v Wodson Park

Wembley v Risborough Rangers