Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reiss Gabriel Jailed

Some of you may have already seen the unsavoury article on the front page of the Non League paper today but former Brimsdown and Enfield Borough player Reiss Gabriel was unceremoniously jailed on Friday for 18 years, along with his two brothers Ralston and Ricky, for drugs and firearms offences. The sentence seems quite excessive doesn't it, Ralston and Ricky also played for Brimsdown and journeyman Ralston went on to play for Haringey Borough, St Albans and Boreham Wood where he netted four times last term including against Salford City at Meadow Park in April almost scuppering the 'Class of 92's' Club promotion to the Football League:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7435473/Identical-triplets-jailed-gangland-plot-supply-firearms-extremely-dangerous-criminal.html

Sentence not excessivive in my view.

It was another weekend of murder and mayhem in the capital over the last few days.

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Some of you may have already seen the unsavoury article on the front page of the Non League paper today but former Brimsdown and Enfield Borough player Reiss Gabriel was unceremoniously jailed on Friday for 18 years, along with his two brothers Ralston and Ricky, for drugs and firearms offences. The sentence seems quite excessive doesn't it, Ralston and Ricky also played for Brimsdown and journeyman Ralston went on to play for Haringey Borough, St Albans and Boreham Wood where he netted four times last term including against Salford City at Meadow Park in April almost scuppering the 'Class of 92's' Club promotion to the Football League:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7435473/Identical-triplets-jailed-gangland-plot-supply-firearms-extremely-dangerous-criminal.html

He will probably be out in half the time knowing our powder puff laws.

6 hours ago, Big J R said:

Sentence not excessivive in my view.

Big J R - Well I was only suggesting that 18 years seems rather a long time for drugs and firearms offences but I'm not saying that the brothers should have been let off with a slap on the wrist either, do you know how a Court determines a jail sentence, Judges do appear to just pluck a figure out of the air don't they depending on what sort of mood they're in on the day

18 hours ago, Enfield Til It Died said:

Many thanks Enfield.

A close old school friend of mine is a Barrister.  There are sentencing guide-lines which judges have to adhere too.

Too lenient or too excessive can be challenged on appeal.

I noticed in the press yesterday that a judge passed a 15 year sentence on a young man who committed a terrible machete attack, though not fatal.  He stated after sentencing that he considered the offender, HIS parents, AND his peers responsible for his actions.

1 hour ago, Big J R said:

Many thanks Enfield.

Yes, thanks for that link Enfield Til It Died, it was a real insight and eye opener

This is a nice picture isn't it, I believe that's the brothers when they all turned out together for Brimsdown:

https://www.revolvy.com/page/Ricky-Gabriel

download (11) - Triplets.jpg

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

This is a nice picture isn't it, I believe that's the brothers when they all turned out together for Brimsdown:

https://www.revolvy.com/page/Ricky-Gabriel

download (11) - Triplets.jpg

Already wearing prison uniform ???

Big J R - They are like peas in a pod aren't they, the Police must have had an impossible task identifying who was who. 

Archived