Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chichester City FC / FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round

littlehampton

2 hours ago, ETFC Interested Observer said:

What a shock to see a couple of the usual suspects back moaning straight after a defeat

Sorry, but was it a defeat where we can (and should) heap praise on the team for a gallant performance? I've yet to hear anyone suggest thats the case. In which case, having dragged myself to Chichester and back ( - were you there? Do you disagree with my comments?) I am entitled to give my opinion on this platform. 

Thanks "Observer"  for your cryptic comment. It's a pity that you dodge the issue of giving any  view of the game or whether indeed if you were actually there. 

At least I admit to that, I wasn't there, and that my posts are based purely on the views of others who are I believe to be avid supporters. 

I think that the consensus of quite a number is that we were quite dismal on Saturday and lacked any sort of plan. Added to they that they felt that, not even the knowledge of gaining a further £11,000 in revenue, plus more if we had proceeded, was enough to inspire them.

That I believe is why you have got a critical response. You make it straight away when emotions are high and not a week later when it is old news. Hopefully by then the the management and team will have responded appropriately on the field. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

1 hour ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Sorry, but was it a defeat where we can (and should) heap praise on the team for a gallant performance? I've yet to hear anyone suggest thats the case. In which case, having dragged myself to Chichester and back ( - were you there? Do you disagree with my comments?) I am entitled to give my opinion on this platform. 

I'm not saying people can't give their opinion, negative or otherwise, about the match. It's more the fact that some posters can't wait to get on here and moan as soon as we lose but they are never on here praising the team after a positive result. In fact after a positive result some are still moaning about something or other!

Let's just say I'm more of a glass half full where some others on here are definitely a glass half empty.

1 hour ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Thanks "Observer"  for your cryptic comment. It's a pity that you dodge the issue of giving any  view of the game or whether indeed if you were actually there. 

At least I admit to that, I wasn't there, and that my posts are based purely on the views of others who are I believe to be avid supporters. 

I think that the consensus of quite a number is that we were quite dismal on Saturday and lacked any sort of plan. Added to they that they felt that, not even the knowledge of gaining a further £11,000 in revenue, plus more if we had proceeded, was enough to inspire them.

That I believe is why you have got a critical response. You make it straight away when emotions are high and not a week later when it is old news. Hopefully by then the the management and team will have responded appropriately on the field. 

Why aren't your emotions so high after we win???

4 hours ago, ETFC Interested Observer said:

What a shock to see a couple of the usual suspects back moaning straight after a defeat

What makes me laugh is when we win some people don't comment because "apparently" they were not at the game,but when we lose different story!.

COYT

Edited by 72wemblyfinal

So any updates on Mo then?

I also wasn't there Saturday however am disappointed as our form was so good going into this game and much like Braintree against us....the opposition were not at the same level although obviously any team can raise their game on any given day.

We have been in a rich vein of form.    I can sense though from many of the posts that we "beat" ourselves to an extent which is so frustrating knowing we could have performed better and had a valuable game or two more perhaps.

Onwards and upwards Town    ?

72W, as I have said before, I am physically unable to attend as many games as I would like. But over time I have learn't to rely on the posts of others who I believe give an objective view of what they have seen . From these I then draw my own conclusions. Which I must say is in itself you might find quite laughable.

However, having paid up front for my season ticket in the knowledge I will only use it on a few occasions I feel justified giving my views. The fact you may disagree or that you feel I am in no position to express them is your choice. But when you have the same number of years behind you, having seen my first game in 1947*, I hope you are extended the same privilege. 

In answer to "Obsv" of course I am up beat when we win as is most of what I read. Normally these posts leave very little more to be added.  To repeat my analogy on human behaviour " that everyone appreciates an excellent meal meal but only a few will vocally criticise a bad one". I must admit that now at my age I tend to fall amongst the latter, especially when I have paid for it. 

*(NB. Please no clever comments from others about the EFTC being founded in 2000+ as I have always considered it's origins were founded in Enfield FC)

Afternoon all, 48hrs on from our FA Cup exit, down here on the South Coast, I have just been reading the latest postings relating to our performance and the result. Understandably, after our excellent wins against Rushden & Diamonds and Braintree in the previous rounds, and encouraging league form, most supporters, including myself, expected us to get something from this match. My optimism was based on what I saw in CCFC's replay at Oaklands Park.

On Saturday we saw a very even first half, with chances at both ends. After the interval, Chichester, a talented young side, pushed forward, caused Town a number of problems, and eventually got their just reward with a goal in the last 5-minutes, when Town looked like they might hold-out for a replay. So, disappointment all round, but having lost Marc Weatherstone before the kick-off, and Lewis Taaffe to a hamstring injury shortly after the start, this certainly did not help our cause, as both are influential players. In the end, it was not our day, but we have secured 15K prize money, hopefully with more to come from a run in the FA Trophy.

Well done to all the Town faithful who made the long journey down to Chichester to support our guys. Shame your loyalty wasn't rewarded on this occasion. We live to fight another day!

Finally, well done Barney on an excellent post, and thanks for your kind comments. Like many other Town supporters, I fail to understand why certain people (you know who I mean!) vanish off this Forum, and never comment when we are winning, then suddenly re-appear to unfairly snipe at our Manager when we have lost a match. I would remind them that this was our first away defeat of the season, and we are currently 4th in the IPL table, just 3-points behind the leaders with a game in hand.

Not all have vanished LH but I have no wish to repeat myself. All I would say is that I greatly admire your continued optimism and long may it last even if I still remain a cynic.

Of course anyone who does not admit that so far our season has goes well is not in the real world. But most of that has come from the reliance on the performances of individual players. My concern is that we do not seem to have an integrated squad which can operate to a proficient level when these players are missing. By now after 2+ plus years one would have thought that the manager would have created a TEAM who are  disciplined enough to conform to his pattern, with fringe players also able to fit into it when required. That is what good management is usually judge on. Otherwise why have a manager instead just have a procurer of players.

However, if we continue to win in the same way and come out in the top 5 I will be the first to enjoy the glory and accept that perhaps I have made a misjudgement . We will have to wait and see.

Let's hope the wins re-continue at Cray this week et seq. If it does I promise to join you in your "euphoria". ... Touche!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

40 minutes ago, lovely stuff said:

Mo was being 'rewarded a bit more than we would like' financially  to play for Town this season..Andy Leese words.

Are we saying these payments were not part of a contract.The sort that Billy and a few others are on? 

And if he was on a contract why did we not receive a Transfer fee?

Not on contract