Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos

I see that Paul Bonham has sadly, and somewhat surprisingly, stood down and departed Haywood Way this week with immediate effect, it's strange isn't it that the news coincides with the appointment of new Director of Football Steve MacDonald, they say there is no smoke without fire and apparently his first task is to appoint a new a new first team manager. Paul Bonham's trusted Assistant Paul Toms takes control of the team tomorrow for the difficult visit to Colney Heath:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=47717

https://www.aylesburyvaledynamos.co.uk/news/director-of-football-2476972.html

I find this extremely sad and bewildering!

stayed with club even when he knew they were going to be relegated. started the season magnificently, also some great cup results.

if he was pushed for what ever reason I hope those feel utterly ashamed.

paul will be a credit to which ever club takes him on!

Dailydose - Paul Bonham seems a really genuine and articulate chap and clearly lives for the beautiful game, I always enjoy his interviews and following the game with Baldock Town just three weeks ago he didn't give any indication that he was unhappy at Haywood Way and thinking of jumping ship, just the opposite infact. Only last week he said that he was looking forward to the FA Vase trip to Stansted and the 5-1 scoreline was flattering to the Essex Senior League Club, I don't think the result had anything whatsoever to do with Paul's sad decision to stand down however something since then did: 

I gather Paul Bonham attended the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round tie yesterday between Oxford City and Margate and he saw a win for the Marsh Lane Club that he has an affinity for, lets hope they get a good draw tomorrow evening, Oxford United maybe! Do we know why Paul threw in the towel so suddenly at Haywood Way, was it something to do with the appointment of Steve MacDonald as Director of Football.

I see that Oxford City supremo Mark Jones has surprisingly departed Marsh Lane despite getting the Club to the FA Cup First Round proper, I wonder whether Paul Bonham might be considered for the job:

Oxford City have announced the departure of manager Mark Jones

With ten points from their opening 13 league games, the Hoops are currently in the relegation zone of the National League South. The team were, though, 2-1 winners over Margate in the FA Cup at the weekend, making it through to the first round proper.

The club say Jones’ departure is by mutual consent, but ‘a very difficult decision for the club, with Mark’s history as a player coach and manager at the club.’

Director of football Justin Merritt said: “Mark has given everything possible during his tenure as manager and there have been some amazing experiences, particularly the FA Cup successes. We would like to put on record our thanks to Mark for his professionalism, dedication and efforts with the club.

“We as a club are determined to continue our development both on and off the pitch, with a view of achieving long-term success.”

Merritt will temporarily join assistant manager Andy Ballard in leading first-team affairs, supported by goalkeeping coach Alan Foster and coach Ross Jenkins.

http://nonleaguedaily.com/oxford-city-boss-mark-jones-departs/?mc_cid=bee510979a&mc_eid=d914ad9d95#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=oxford-city-boss-mark-jones-departs

Is there any news on Paul Bonham's replacement as yet at Haywood Way and also what Paul's future plans might be, I'm sure he won't be out of work for very long. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top tomorrow with Arlesey Town also managerless at the moment, see the match programme below already produced:

https://issuu.com/aylesburyfc/docs/arlesey_town_-_oct_19

On 21/10/2019 at 16:24, Rhodes said:

I see that Oxford City supremo Mark Jones has surprisingly departed Marsh Lane despite getting the Club to the FA Cup First Round proper, I wonder whether Paul Bonham might be considered for the job:

Oxford City have announced the departure of manager Mark Jones

With ten points from their opening 13 league games, the Hoops are currently in the relegation zone of the National League South. The team were, though, 2-1 winners over Margate in the FA Cup at the weekend, making it through to the first round proper.

The club say Jones’ departure is by mutual consent, but ‘a very difficult decision for the club, with Mark’s history as a player coach and manager at the club.’

Director of football Justin Merritt said: “Mark has given everything possible during his tenure as manager and there have been some amazing experiences, particularly the FA Cup successes. We would like to put on record our thanks to Mark for his professionalism, dedication and efforts with the club.

“We as a club are determined to continue our development both on and off the pitch, with a view of achieving long-term success.”

Merritt will temporarily join assistant manager Andy Ballard in leading first-team affairs, supported by goalkeeping coach Alan Foster and coach Ross Jenkins.

http://nonleaguedaily.com/oxford-city-boss-mark-jones-departs/?mc_cid=bee510979a&mc_eid=d914ad9d95#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=oxford-city-boss-mark-jones-departs

That’s a massive leap going from Step 5 to Step 2

I have heard on the grapevine folks that Scott Reynolds has returned to Haywood Way, Scott stepped down in October last year for personal reasons after only four months in charge and now, following Paul Bonham's recent departure, he has been offered the opportunity by the Club to pick up the reins again. I understand Scott will take control of the team this afternoon for the visit of Arlesey Town.

45 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I have heard on the grapevine folks that Scott Reynolds has returned to Haywood Way, Scott stepped down in October last year for personal reasons after only four months in charge and now, following Paul Bonham's recent departure, he has been offered the opportunity by the Club to pick up the reins again. I understand Scott will take control of the team this afternoon for the visit of Arlesey Town.

Surely not. I’d check those sources, he had a woeful spell there last time and jumped before he was pushed.

On 26/10/2019 at 11:26, Winslow Boy said:

Surely not. I’d check those sources, he had a woeful spell there last time and jumped before he was pushed.

Winslow Boy - According to the report on the game at Haywood Way yesterday, Sports Shots say that Aylesbury Vale Dynamos are 'still managerless' which is strange as I had it on good authority that Scott Reynolds had been appointed, maybe you're right and my information was incorrect. I thought that Scott had left the Club for personal reasons a year ago, he had a very good track record at Grendon Rangers, Winslow United, Ardley United and especially at Leighton Town before arriving at Haywood Way, I was surprised he left Bell Close when he did after taking them to the FA Vase Quarter Finals and fourth in the league:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=48341

Track record at all bar Leighton is very poor. I guess we will see, but would be a turn up if he is given the gig and maybe telling that there weren’t too many candidates. 

Some excellent photos folks from Aylesbury Vale Dynamos game with Arlesey Town on Saturday on what was a filthy afternoon weather wise at Haywood Way:

Aylesbury Vale 26.10.19

Edited by Rhodes

I gather that Alex Woodfine has been handed temporary charge of the team and a managerial appointment won't be made for the time being, Alex has had periodic spells with the Club and has previously been with Winslow United, Risborough Rangers, Aylesbury FC, Hale Leys United, Leighton Town and Buckingham Athletic, if he makes a fist of it at Haywood Way he may well be given the job permanently.

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos are pleased to confirm the appointment of the new Management team headed up by Phil Granville and Ben Gill

New Manager Phil Granville has spent twenty four years at Uxbridge FC, he joined the side at fifteen years of age and made over Over 450 first team appearances winning two London Challenge Cups and a Middlesex Senior Cup

Phil then spent ten years as Reserve team manager (five as player manager), the side had great success, winning the Middlesex Premier Cup, Gaining a Suburban North League Title, they were also Suburban Cup Winners, Suburban Cup Runners up, and won the Suburban Premier B League Title. He then spent three years as Manager of Harefield United before brief spells at Hanwell and Leverstock Green.

Commenting on his appointment Phil said "I was convinced to return to non-league management by Mike Borrett and Steve Macdonald, their enthusiasm and vision for the club was something we all share to bring youth through and build a successful team"

Phil will joined by Assistant Manage Ben Gill a former Arsenal Youth player who has also played for Watford, making appearances in FA Cup & League Cup games before signing professional terms for Cheltenham Town. Has also played for Crawley Town, Forest Green Rovers and Wealdstone

Heading up the coaching team will be Bruno Brito who will continue as a player for The Dynamos. Former Portuguese professional football who has become a hit with the Dynamos fans. Very skilful and athletic wide player who can also play through the middle.

Scorer of some incredible goals at this level and higher. Bruno is an experienced ex professional who has had spells with Newport Pagnell Town, Aylesbury Utd and Leighton Town since moving to the UK.

Two other coaches will support the management team, Marlon Clarke and Matt Bungay who both are already part of the Aylesbury Vale Dynamo's youth set up and part of their role will be to link first and youth teams, to support youth player's transition into the first team.

Chairman Mike Borrett commented on the appointment "We are really excited with the appointment of Phil and his team. His ethos of developing young local players along with the more senior lads is everything we as a club have been striving to achieve. Phil and his teams involvement with the youth squads is everything Dynamos stand for and I can’t wait to see the lads develop"

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos are pleased to confirm the appointment of the new Management team headed up by Phil Granville and Ben Gill

New Manager Phil Granville has spent twenty four years at Uxbridge FC, he joined the side at fifteen years of age and made over Over 450 first team appearances winning two London Challenge Cups and a Middlesex Senior Cup

Phil then spent ten years as Reserve team manager (five as player manager), the side had great success, winning the Middlesex Premier Cup, Gaining a Suburban North League Title, they were also Suburban Cup Winners, Suburban Cup Runners up, and won the Suburban Premier B League Title. He then spent three years as Manager of Harefield United before brief spells at Hanwell and Leverstock Green.

Commenting on his appointment Phil said "I was convinced to return to non-league management by Mike Borrett and Steve Macdonald, their enthusiasm and vision for the club was something we all share to bring youth through and build a successful team"

Phil will joined by Assistant Manage Ben Gill a former Arsenal Youth player who has also played for Watford, making appearances in FA Cup & League Cup games before signing professional terms for Cheltenham Town. Has also played for Crawley Town, Forest Green Rovers and Wealdstone.

Interesting.

Phil Granville had a brief spell as the Hanwell Town manager during the 2015/16 season but it didn't work out for him but I found him to be a nice guy.

Ben Gill played for Hanwell Town in the 2015/16 season and on his day he was a very good player. He has also played for Harefield United, Pitshanger Dynamo and he was at North Greenford United last season.

Good luck to both of them.

It seems like I was fed some inaccurate information, here's confirmation from Sports Shots that Phil Granville has taken the reins at Haywood Way along with his trusted assistant Ben Gill who has played at a high level professionally. Lets see how Aylesbury Vale Dynamos get on this afternoon, under their new management team, when they entertain high flying Newport Pagnell Town:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=48819

I see that Paul Bonham has joined Bedford Town as Head Coach of the first team, that's a nice appointment for the great man and I hope he does well at The Eyrie:

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=48805

• 1 month later...

A really nice Christmas and New Year messege from Aylesbury Vale Dynamos:

We would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and the best for 2020. Thanks also to our amazing loyal band of volunteers and supporters

EMi357JXkAIFz_g.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how recent this photo is but Aylesbury Vale Dynamos really struggle don't they in wet weather, how long does the hallowed turf usually take to drain after a deluge such as this:

EMZiI7eWoAEIOJd.jpg