Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A wins a win

urchinman1961

Quite an underwhelming performance by Urchin standards a game littered with mistakes from both sides.Great goal by Charlie worth the admission fee great save by Wrighty at the end which could have brought the sides level which in the end gave us the platform to extend our lead with Marvelous Marvin putting into an empty net.A few quid in the coffers making up for a poor attendance well done who was there, roll on the next round

Not the best of games - Play seemed to get congested to one part of the pitch, particularly the middle. Result correct, they put some nice moves together but we were the better side. Great first goal by Charlie , second goal a little bit easier and Marvin almost looked embarrassed with the 3rd. Hope their no 3 is okay . Glad to be in the next round , hope we can get a run in this one 

Definitely a case of after the Lord Mayor's show.
2nd half seemed very lacklustre and never seen Hornchurch pass to the opposition so often.
Charlie Stimson stood out for me today, not just the two goals (and so deserved that cheeky lob to go in for a hat trick) but also the defensive shift he put in clearing several shots.
Did Marvin slow down to try and set up a third for Charlie?

Very low crowd - side effect of the rugby maybe?

When they took the lead I thought it was gonna be one of those games but credit to the lads they pushed on through in tricky conditions. Second half was poor with no quality from either side but plenty of effort. I felt we lacked that killer pass at times today however Green showed looks like he could have this in his locker, once Spence is fit again I think he will link up very well with him. Not the best of games but we are in the hat for the next round which is the most important thing. Well done all

Was very surprised by such a low turn out today. I know the weather was rubbish but was a good 100 less than I was expecting.  

As for the game itself, as others have said, I was very impressed with Stimson's efforts today.  Put in a real shift and deserved that lob to go in.  The little flicks didn't come off today and Dan Uchechi worked hard but couldn't find a Hornchurch player if his life depended on it today.  

The back 4 defended well in the main but we really miss Spence in that midfield to break up play and set up the quick breaks.  Still, a win is a win and on we go again to the next round.

i thought Berkhampstead came and played well against the Urchins and it was a competitive match.  I know that the Urchins could and perhaps should have played better, but the away side were claiming the same in the bar afterwards so i guess the conditions must have been unhelpful to both teams desired approach to the game.  Performance wise i thought Charlie Stimson was well deserving of a hattrick for a man of the match performance all over the pitch in attack and defence he never stopped running.

the most encouraging thing about this side is seeing the players work hard to turn things around and get results when things are not so rosie as the 6-0 results showed and that makes this team tough to beat.

come on you Urchins.

Archived