Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ENFIELD TOWN v THATCHAM TOWN

littlehampton

FA TROPHY PREVIEW

This Saturday we welcome Berkshire based, Southern League Division One South side, Thatcham Town to the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium for our eagerly awaited FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round match.

This will be the first time the two sides have ever met, and Town will approach the game with renewed fitness after our league fixture at Bognor was postponed last weekend.

Both teams are having a great season, and will be bursting with confidence, after an excellent unbeaten run of results, in all competitions. Town are well-placed in the top four of the Isthmian League Premier Division, with games in hand on the leaders. The free-scoring Kingfishers are unbeaten in their last nine matches, so Town will need to be on top form and make home advantage tell. Town have responded well after the Chichester City reverse, and will be keen to avoid another banana-skin result, and progress in this prestigious FA competition.

Don't miss the cup action at the QEII Stadium this weekend. Come and support the Town, show plenty of Enfield pride and passion, and enjoy a real action-packed match. Let's hear it for Andy and the boys!

See you there!  ' COME ON THE TOWN'

Not sure how much Towners know about our FA Trophy opponents Thatcham Town, but suffice to say they continue to be the team to beat in the Southern League Division One South, where they are table-toppers. and scoring a hatful of goals in the process.

In their latest match, before coming to us, they enjoyed a comfortable 5-1 home win against bottom-markers Barnstaple Town, which stretched their unbeaten run, in all competitions, to ten matches.

Be very interested to hear your own thoughts and predictions for this match, and the likely outcome.

Not to forget there is a very useful 3000 pounds FA prize fund money at stake for the winners on Saturday.  COYT

'BIG MATCH DAY' has arrived and we can expect a tough challenge from Thatcham Town this afternoon, as both sides battle for a win and a place in the next round of the FA Trophy.

So who will come out on top in the "Battle of the Towns"??

No predictions posted on here, so too close to call. I have never won the pools, but pushed for an answer, I am expecting Enfield Town to make home advantage tell with a 2-1 or 3-1 home win.

How about your thoughts?

Well, considering they came to the dome with a very impressive record, that was the thumping that I've been waiting to see us dish out to somebody today. For 90 minutes we dominated and got our just desserts. Six, not five as the ref would have you believe, very good goals were witnessed by a very thin crowd considering the prestige of the game. Never mind, I was there and I enjoyed it with 200 odd other hardy souls ! Keep this run going Andy, I love eating humble pie !

I feel that ST was just a tad OT in saying that we were in control for the full 90 Minutes since in the first 20 mins we gave 2 out of 3 passes away, sometimes in very dangerous positions. Fortunately Billy Bricknell showed his class with 2 first half goals. The first a brilliant off the ball run between the opponents central defence. The other a calculated drive into the far corner. It was these to goals in fairly quick time which brought the team to life and from then on we controlled the game.

This carried on into the 2nd half although twice McDonald was brought into action with saves which were brave and had no right to be stopped as on both occasions the Thatcham player was left alone in front of goal.

However, I agree with ST that once we got in front we always look as if we would score more. Again a Bricknell blast from the edge of the box made it 3 which were followed by another 2 from Mo. All in all a good days work. If this is carried on to next Saturday then I think we can start to consider ourselves well in with a chance of a promotion place.

Finally, as alluded to by ST, there was the case of the disallowed goal. Can any one explain what happened. I must have blinked or something. Also what do you have to do to get sent off these days. How the player who kicked MO in both legs in plain sight of the referee and his assistant, when the ball was more than a yard away, only got a yellow card is a mystery. Perhaps someone could also enlighten me as again I must have blinked !!!!!

Looking forward to the cup draw and to the clash with Folkestone next week. 

Game played in awful weather conditions but non the less a great result and a couple of stunning goals scored I thought the first 30 minutes from us was pretty poor to many passes being wayward and going astray Blackman being one of the worst culprits Esan in my opinion was also contributing very little, once we scored our first our game picked up and really you could only see one team winning, Thatcham started the second half well and forced Nathan into a couple of good saves but we still looked the more dominant team after Bricknells stunning 3rd goal the game was well beyond our opponents reach and to add icing on the cake mo bagged a couple one an unbelievable lob from way out, on a side note I thought the ref was extremely poor and lost the plot quite early on, let’s hope for a kind draw in the next round

Great performance and comprehensive win for Town. Andy and the management team fully deserve the credit for putting together a balanced and talented squad. The only down side is they should be attracting much larger crowds which I suspect we will need to ensure the finances can support a push for promotion. Let's hope some of those preferring Spurs poor form  will get fed up with VAR even when it unfairly assists the home team! 

16 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Finally, as alluded to by ST, there was the case of the disallowed goal. Can any one explain what happened. I must have blinked or something. Also what do you have to do to get sent off these days. How the player who kicked MO in both legs in plain sight of the referee and his assistant, when the ball was more than a yard away, only got a yellow card is a mystery. Perhaps someone could also enlighten me as again I must have blinked !!!!!

I thought he allowed it then changed his mind !!!!

Agree with you 4wf the lack of red cards was noticed

as stated on here AGAIN the refereeing was very poor, be a good idea if we sent in videos of there poor performance to the FA or make £250 and send it to you been framed !!!!!!!!!!!

Archived