Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
The Crowing Cockerel

Romford

I see its all happening at Romford. For those who this has passed by, Glenn Tamplin (former shy, reclusive and understated owner of Billericay) has now taken over at Romford. The team are currently bottom of Isthmian Div 1 North. GT has promptly sacked the management and entire playing staff, installed himself as manager and announced that there will be 15 new signings in place by Saturday!

A lucky escape for Chelmsford it seems, as even their supporters thought he was about to buy them!

Interesting developments at Braintree Town too as our former player Jake Hutchings (is he really only 23?!) was appointed player manager, with our former manager George Borg appointed as his coach.

Mr Tamplin's stated ambition is to take Romford to the Football League. I seem to remember he made similar proclamations about Billericay. Can someone remind me which division in the Football League he managed to get them up to?

1 hour ago, lovely stuff said:

Can you own two clubs at the same time? From my understanding he stepped down from Billericay but still owns it.

Let's hope he has not ordered the painters and decorators yet .

5 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

Can you own two clubs at the same time? From my understanding he stepped down from Billericay but still owns it.

Last I heard it had been taken-over by a consortium of local businessmen.

Latest announcement coming out of Romford is that they are due to sign sign 5 members of the treble winning Billericay squad today. One of the names repeatedly being mentioned on Twitter is Billy Bricknell. Very much hoping this doesn't materialise - or if it does, that ETFC receive a hefty transfer fee.

Interesting article in the Liverpool echo about GT and Romford.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-romford-manager-glenn-tamplin-17288977