Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prediction Lg; Wk 12 results, wk 13 games: 23 Nov by 12:30

Jago

Hello everyone.  What a beautiful Autumnal day (in Standard British fashion I am ignoring yesterday's game and choosing to focus on the weather). Still, no easy games in the Isthmian Prem as they say, blah blah, blah.

In the Prediction League it really couldn't be tighter.  Last week Ozz sneaked back to the top on goals scored (by 1) - but this week it's swung back in the hands of Mr D who has reclaimed the summit by virtue of fewer goals conceded.  Actually neither of our top teams had their best weeks - just 11 goals between them - but fortunately they got lucky with the dross served up by Lord Upminster and Hatted Grumbler respectively.  In fact if I hadn't offered up the Cyprus-Ecosse match for everyone's easy goal harvesting it would have been a real shocker across the board (the Scotland match was the highest scoring of the season). Shame on UrchinYid for missing out (oh, and me!).

At the bottom, Wivenhoe got back into winning ways (now that the pressure is off and his team can dink it about with freedom).  Too late now matey - you're DOWN. But Blackballed is making a valiant effort to stay up (left it too late I suspect).  His win gave one of the traditional goliaths of the game, Paul C, his fifth defeat on the trot - and I fear Paul may be joining Wivvers and Blackballed in the icy wilderness of Collier Row (South) after Christmas.   But the division is so tight everyone is still in danger except the top two.

Meanwhile down in the aforementioned icy wilderness, I'll be waving  a cheerful "Goodbye" as  my shock well deserved promotion is confirmed. Cup of Tea will have to wait another week at least following The Dummy Team's extraordinary foresight on the 'ornchurch game (!).   After that it's anyone's guess for the third automatic place.

SO - TWO WEEKS TO GO - WHO WILL HOLD THEIR NERVE?  Tune in next week folks for another exciting installment.

UPMINSTER DIVISION

image.png.b02d8a0f3feff90e26fa12ccd88229c8.png

image.png.598bf1d9a07844a07876c99958a804dd.png

ICY WILDERNESS OF COLLIER ROW

image.png.1ae1e8881c5372f7e73a0e0bf9103970.png

image.png.bfee56bfc7b3629c60c1edccb895cb57.png

NEXT WEEK - Father and Son Derby Weekend

image.png.44a9afac7faf22a0a5820bbe948cdf81.png

Week 13 : Two weeks to go : Saturday 23rd November by 12:30

Werder Bremen v Schalke
Bournemouth v Wolves
West Ham Utd v
Totteringham H (12:30)
Dereham Town v GT’s Romford
Oxford City v Hornchurch
Att:

Give the boys a cheer at 'Aringey for me please.

JAGO

Werder Bremen 0 v 1 Schalke
Bournemouth 2 v 3 Wolves
West Ham Ut0v4Totteringham H (12:30)
Dereham Town 0 v 2 GT’s Romford
Oxford City 1v 2 Hornchurch
Att:405

Werder Bremen 1 v 2 Schalke
Bournemouth 1 v 2 Wolves
West Ham Utd 1 v 2 
Totteringham H (12:30)
Dereham Town 2 v 1 GT’s Romford
Oxford City 2 v 2 Hornchurch
Att: 378

I have two observations on this: 

• Firstly I do hope the Tottenham fans appreciate The Baby's refusal to adopt a childish moniker for his stated White Hart Lane "foes".
  • Secondly - I'm wondering what sort of points deduction to apply for bracketing me alongside those very same "foes"

Answers please from fellow parents who know the importance of nipping such insubordination in the bud.

• STOP PRESS - It appears said "foes" are looking for a new manager... could we be losing Mr D or Ozz to a wider stage I wonder?  They must have a good chance.

Archived