Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 23 November - Results/Reports

16 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Premier Division  

Crawley Green 2 Eynesbury Rovers 2  

Another groundhopper from another Forum was at this one yesterday:

Crawley Green 2 - 2 Eynesbury Rovers 
Spartan SM Premier- Level 9 
The Brache, Bedfordshire 
Adm £6/3, Free team sheet (the programme editor is currently on holiday), Tea £1 
Attendance officially 45.....I did several head counts and never got more than 34 ppl.... 

Today was a wet one, several local matches were already postponed, but this match on a 3G was on. The ground is within spitting distance of Luton Airport, and it was tempting to try and get a picture of the football pitch with a low flying aircraft coming in to land. 

There didn't appear to be a car park at the ground with cars along side the ccess road below the level of the pitch. Ths pitch is raised above the access road with a set of steps to reach it. Along side the access road are 2 portacabins housing the changing rooms and 'The Bunker', being the tea bar and 2 class rooms used by Luton Town FC Academy. 

Between the regular clear curved shelters of the Dugouts is the main stand. It has obviously been a labour of love for the home side as it has 3 rows of varnished wooden benches, pristinely painted white walls, and is very clean. 

The game itself was quite fairly matched, all the goals happening in the first half. There were a few missed chances in the second half, and also some of the players (on both teams) were effectively diving to try and get the Referee to award free kicks and/or penalties...... 

Edited by Karen Browne

16 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Premier Division  

Leverstock Green 2 North Greenford United 1  

You can always rely on Leverstock Green to have their match report up the following day:

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/event/191123f/

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I know you better than you know yourself don't I, would you have gone to watch St Panteleimon v New Salamis out of interest had the game not been postponed   

My plan was The Middlesex Stadium as it was easy to get to from where I was.

At least you saw a good game and five goals, it's just your luck being sent to Preston Park yesterday isn't it rather than Cotlandswick where you also officiate regularly. I was surprised that you went all the way to Kings Langley last week when there were a number of much nearer games.

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I know you better than you know yourself don't I, 

:lol4:

22 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Premier Division   

London Colney 1 Edgware Town 2  

The Evergreen Scott McGleish with one of the Edgware goals. What a good signing for the club he is.

Savagebee - Whilst you're here what about Brentford's fortunes this term, yesterday's win over Reading took them to just four points off third place after five league wins in six games however losing at home to Huddersfield was really disappointing wasn't it and a mystery on the back of great wins at QPR and Swansea.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

At least you saw a good game and five goals, it's just your luck being sent to Preston Park yesterday isn't it rather than Cotlandswick where you also officiate regularly. I was surprised that you went all the way to Kings Langley last week when there were a number of much nearer games.

It was a good game at The Middlesex Stadium. 

I've only been twice to Cotlandswick this season.

I requested to go to Kings Langley. 

Did you to a game yesterday?

It's just that you seem to alternate between Cotlandswick and Preston Park, they appear to be your favourite haunts don't they, I know you don't drive so the SSML hierarchy are considerate about not sending you too far afield which is why I raised an eyebrow when I saw you were at Kings Langley last week, you must have been out of pocket on the day.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

It's just that you seem to alternate between Cotlandswick and Preston Park, they appear to be your favourite haunts don't they, I know you don't drive so the SSML hierarchy are considerate about not sending you too far afield which is why I raised an eyebrow when I saw you were at Kings Langley last week, you must have been out of pocket on the day.

Travel has been ok.

Kings Langley cost a little more in expenses but not out of pocket. Was actually a very good game.

Some match reports so far from Saturday's Premier Division games:

Premier Division  

Baldock Town P Oxhey Jets  

Broadfields United P Dunstable Town  

Colney Heath 2 Arlesey Town 0  

Crawley Green 2 Eynesbury Rovers 2

https://eynesburyrovers.co.uk/index.php/2019/11/24/rovers-come-from-behind-to-earn-point/

Harpenden Town 2 Biggleswade United 1

https://www.biggleswadeunited.com/Matchreport.aspx?id=307933

Leighton Town 2 Harefield United 1

https://www.leightontownfc.co.uk/teams/11587/match-centre/0-4590050/report 

Leverstock Green 2 North Greenford United 1

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/event/191123f/

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/northgreenfordunitedfc/teams/211034/match-centre/1-4547253/report

London Colney 1 Edgware Town 2  

Potton United 1 Newport Pagnell Town 1  

Wembley P Tring Athletic     

On 25/11/2019 at 09:59, petethegreek said:

Kings Langley cost a little more in expenses but not out of pocket. Was actually a very good game

What was the hospitality like out of interest, did Berkhamsted Raiders roll out the red carpet for you, I gather the Club have a reputation of being 'high and mighty', did you observe any of that

What was the hospitality like out of interest, did Berkhamsted Raiders roll out the red carpet for you, I gather the Club have a reputation of being 'high and mighty', did you observe any of that

Looked after us very well. Nice warm meal after the game.

I think they are saving the red carpet for you. ?

Has the hospitality you used to receive back in the day at Kentish Town and Tokyngton Manor ever been beaten, you were treated like a Lord weren't you, I've noticed that you do seem to like the finer things in life

Has the hospitality you used to receive back in the day at Kentish Town and Tokyngton Manor ever been beaten, you were treated like a Lord weren't you, I've noticed that you do seem to like the finer things in life

Are you having a slow news day?

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 15:58, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Whilst you're here what about Brentford's fortunes this term, yesterday's win over Reading took them to just four points off third place after five league wins in six games however losing at home to Huddersfield was really disappointing wasn't it and a mystery on the back of great wins at QPR and Swansea.

Yeah I'm happy with how the Bees are doing as we are basically a nursery club for the Premiership clubs these days ? We are above QPR in the league so that's the main thing ? 

On 25/11/2019 at 15:43, Rhodes said:

Premier Division  

Colney Heath 2 Arlesey Town 0  

Both sides of the story on Chico Ramos's bow for Arlesey Town on Saturday:

https://www.colneyheathfc.co.uk/Matchreport.aspx?id=264800

https://www.arleseytownfc.com/copy-of-london-colney-win-home

On 23/11/2019 at 17:18, Rhodes said:

Division Two  

Buckingham United 0 Pitstone & Ivinghoe 3  

A real anorak was at this game on Saturday 23 November and gives an interesting and amusing account of his day:

Buckingham United v Pitstone and Ivinghoe.docx