Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Trophy draw. 1st round.

MbrunoB

Fa Trophy 1st round draw. Enfield Town v Ebbsfleet United 14th December

1 hour ago, MbrunoB said:

Fa Trophy 1st round draw. Enfield Town v Ebbsfleet United 14th December

Churlish of me I know, but if it had come out the hat the other way round It'd save me some money on petrol!!! ;)

2 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

It might have brought us into a bigger share of the gate WX. That is if the gate receipts are shared as in the FA Cup.The attendance at the last two rounds at home have been very disappointing. 

Any thoughts or suggestions 4WF as to how attendances can be increased for cup competitions?  Suppose the lower attendances have nothing to do with the prevailing miserable weather conditions, or that everyone, including members, season ticket holders, etc have to pay for admission to FA Cup & FA Trophy matches?

We are having a very good season, and producing excellent performances in both league and cup competitions. We beat a very good side on Saturday, their first defeat in 25 matches this season. So, low attendances at the QE2, have nothing to do with the quality of the football, or our success on the pitch. With all your experience over the years, do you have any ideas as to how attendances can be increased, because I am sure they will be most welcome at the Club.

Get local schools down....teachers/adults free if so many kids go in a group.

Have so many schools locally...Carterhatch    George Spicer  Kinsmead    Enf Grammar  St Ignatius   get the Academy kids in and younger age groups

Flyers in barber shops

Flyers in local sainsburys morrisons n tesco as they all have noticeboards

I do wonder if cheaper entry on the day would attract more fan7s....say £9   just for the trophy

Flyers in local businesses...b and q     shops at A10   David Lloyd.

If kids were cheaper would that get more parents in??

North London is football mad I know spurs n arsenal attract alot but there must be local possibilities.

How many local youth teams do we have....Norsemen     team that plays by bridge on Carterhatch Lane?

Just a few thoughts

2 hours ago, littlehampton said:

Any thoughts or suggestions 4WF as to how attendances can be increased for cup competitions?  Suppose the lower attendances have nothing to do with the prevailing miserable weather conditions, or that everyone, including members, season ticket holders, etc have to pay for admission to FA Cup & FA Trophy matches?

We are having a very good season, and producing excellent performances in both league and cup competitions. We beat a very good side on Saturday, their first defeat in 25 matches this season. So, low attendances at the QE2, have nothing to do with the quality of the football, or our success on the pitch. With all your experience over the years, do you have any ideas as to how attendances can be increased, because I am sure they will be most welcome at the Club.

I think the simple answer is that home league attendances have the season ticket holders added to the gate whether they attend or not..So about 100 is added to every one of our league attendance,even if only a few season ticket holders actually attend..With cup games these ticket holders are not counted .Also season ticket holders can be unwilling to pay to attend games,so skip cup ties.Plus if you have to pay the opposition a percentage of the gate with FA cup/trophy games.The official attendance will be kept to a minimum.Every club does it.

Sorry LH, but again you still don't read what is written and insist in putting your own interpretation on it. 

My point was that although in spite of doing well in the league and cup competitions the club unfortunately still finds it hard to attract the numbers it deserves. I was being sympathetic as my operative word was "disappointing" how you construe that as criticism is beyond me. 

It no doubt always will be the same with Spurs and Arsenal only a stone throw away. Hence sometimes it would be to our financial advantage to play in larger stadiums, especially where clubs are not encumbered by the same draw backs.

LS, I was under the impression that season tickets are already included. Arsenal for example have about 60K shown as their regular home gate when it plain to see that the stadium is only about 2/3rds full. Like them I thought the missing numbers are the season ticket holders who have already paid for their entry. But then I may be wrong.

DJW all good ideas.

39 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Sorry LH, but again you still don't read what is written and insist in putting your own interpretation on it. 

My point was that although in spite of doing well in the league and cup competitions the club unfortunately still finds it hard to attract the numbers it deserves. I was being sympathetic as my operative word was "disappointing" how you construe that as criticism is beyond me. 

It no doubt always will be the same with Spurs and Arsenal only a stone throw away. Hence sometimes it would be to our financial advantage to play in larger stadiums, especially where clubs are not encumbered by the same draw backs.

LS, I was under the impression that season tickets are already included. Arsenal for example have about 60K shown as their regular home gate when it plain to see that the stadium is only about 2/3rds full. Like them I thought the missing numbers are the season ticket holders who have already paid for their entry. But then I may be wrong.

DJW all good ideas.

Season ticket holders are only added to League attendances.Not Cup games.

Thanks LS for your observation, but then season tickets are not valid at Cup games anyway. However, I feel sure that a good percentage of these pay at the gate for cup games. Consequently, of the 275 at Saturdays game some were ETFC Season Tkt holders and away supporters, which leaves not many additional locals paying at the gate. It is certainly a conundrum for clubs like ours to increase the numbers of the later.   

One only hopes a National League side this time will bring in more. That together with another brace of outstanding goals from Billy Bricknell would put the cherry on the cake.

9 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Thanks LS for your observation, but then season tickets are not valid at Cup games anyway. However, I feel sure that a good percentage of these pay at the gate for cup games. Consequently, of the 275 at Saturdays game some were ETFC Season Tkt holders and away supporters, which leaves not many additional locals paying at the gate. It is certainly a conundrum for clubs like ours to increase the numbers of the later.   

One only hopes a National League side this time will bring in more. That together with another brace of outstanding goals from Billy Bricknell would put the cherry on the cake.

I would suggest there were about the same amount of people in the ground for the cup games as the league games.The only difference is how the gate is calculated. Our attendance is normally over-estimated (because every single season ticket holder is always included)..Our attendance for the cup fixtures was probably under estimated (because the club have to pay the opposition a percentage of the gate).I would say our real attendance is always normally 275-to-315.What can you do to improve that? Difficult.The board are doing as much as they can and are promoting the club and putting up posters..etc..The venue and parking at the QE are great.The level of football normally good..I personally feel the very high turnover of players at this level make it difficult for fans to form any sort of emotional bond with their local team.

Once I agree with your summation LS.  Also with LH that the weather is another factor with crowd numbers. I also accept  that the Board are trying all sorts of initiatives to improve matters.   

It occurs to me, however, that perhaps consideration of addition cover over at least one of the small stands on the " club side of the ground". This may encourage  some  more spectators who are deterred by the winter weather. But then this may have already been considered but declined as the outlay could not be justified against the estimated gain of income.

Let's hope our improvement on the field continues and that this will start to generate the local interest it deserves. It is certainly a hard puzzle to solve!!!!

Ebbsfleet are averaging 1,011 attendance for home games, so you might assume that they would bring a few more supporters than a number of visitors this season. However, given their dismal league position I would not bank on too many more. Hopefully more ETFC people will decide to turn up.

I am sure the Club Directors are more than aware that this should be a great opportunity to attract some new interest. I hope we get the leaflets out; maybe an entrance fee  promotion?;  possibly some enticement for those that attend to come again; can we get the merchandise out where it can be seen-it is nearly Xmas- and please NO RAIN!  I do recognise in saying this, that the work falls on the same hardworking volunteers who do so much. I do however hope the Club can attract some more support for the game as attendances have been lower than the quality of entertainment on offer deserves and we need the income.COYT!

Archived