Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leverstock Green F.C.

On 22/05/2021 at 11:36, Rhodes said:

it should still be an interesting visit to Broadwater this afternoon (22 May) to take on Berkhamsted in an end of season friendly fixture. I think Berkhamsted are being a little optimistic though if they are expecting an attendance of 650

I see the attendance at Broadwater for the recent post season friendly with Leverstock Green was 265:

Match Report: Berkhamsted FC (The Comrades) 7 - 3 Leverstock Green : 1st team (pitchero.com)

Season ends with friendly at Berko – Leverstock Green F.C. (levgreenfc.co.uk)

265 people turned out to watch a game of football at Broadwater on Saturday, a friendly against our friends from Leverstock Green FC. Those people saw a very entertaining game of football with 10 goals scored, the Comrades scoring 7 of them. We thank the spectators, who were from all age groups, for their support. We hope you enjoyed your time with us and will come back for more next season. Watch this space for updates through the summer.

Edited by Rhodes

The latest newsletter from Leverstock Green for June, also I see that the Club are advertising the vacancy for First Team Manager however I thought Mick Vipond had been handed the role on a silver platter:

Leverstock Green FC June Newsletter by Tony Smart - issuu

Billede

• 2 weeks later...

The evergreen Fergus Moore was today appointed First Team Manager at Leverstock Green.

He is joined by the equally evergreen Scott McGleish and Paul Marks as Assistant Manager and Coach respectively.

Excellent appointments all round, and an entertaining season ahead for the Trees. 

I wonder what GRS67 has to say about the appointment:

New manager announcement – Leverstock Green F.C. (levgreenfc.co.uk)

GRS67 - Leverstock Green must have seen something in Fergus Moore to appoint him ahead of 21 other candidates for the job and I hope it won't come back to bite them, Fergus, Scott McGleish and Paul Marks will come in like a whirlwind and change things beyond all recognition bringing in many of the players that were at Edgware Town before Fergus left without seeing what they already have at their disposal at Pancake Lane. Had the Club appointed Mick Vipond little or nothing would have changed and it would still be the Leverstock Green we all know and love, perhaps Mick wasn't interested in staying on after Matt Harding was unceremoniously shown the door.

GRS67 - Just to say that Leverstock Green are featured on Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show this afternoon, I wonder whether Ollie will be interviewing Fergus Moore following his recent appointment at Pancake Lane: 

BBC Three Counties Radio - The Non-League Show, Appeals, Youtube Videos and the FA Cup

22 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Just to say that Leverstock Green are featured on Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show this afternoon, I wonder whether Ollie will be interviewing Fergus Moore following his recent appointment at Pancake Lane: 

BBC Three Counties Radio - The Non-League Show, Appeals, Youtube Videos and the FA Cup

I listened to the interview, all I can say is it's a great cure for insomnia?

GRS67 - I wonder what the Leverstock Green hierarchy thought when listening to it, Fergus is not exactly an Eddie Howe for example is he when interviewed which makes it surprising why the Club said they were so impressed with him at the interview stage for the job.

Edited by Rhodes

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - I wonder what the Leverstock Green hierarchy thought when listening to it, Fergus is not exactly an Eddie Howe for example is he when interviewed which makes it surprising why the Club said they were so impressed with him at the interview stage for the job.

Fergus tactics are from the dark ages he even admitted he's a dinosaur! 

On 10/06/2021 at 21:26, agamemnon3 said:

The evergreen Fergus Moore was today appointed First Team Manager at Leverstock Green.

He is joined by the equally evergreen Scott McGleish and Paul Marks as Assistant Manager and Coach respectively.

Excellent appointments all round, and an entertaining season ahead for the Trees. 

Ditto ?

9 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Ditto ?

Savagebee - You would say that though wouldn't you as Fergus started his career at Griffin Park in 1989 before moving onto Yeading in 1991 and then Uxbridge in 1992, you must have watched him play regularly.

16 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - You would say that though wouldn't you as Fergus started his career at Griffin Park in 1989 before moving onto Yeading in 1991 and then Uxbridge in 1992, you must have watched him play regularly

Don't remember but I remember seeing him play for Bedfont Town FC and Hanwell Town FC. I've just always rated him as a Non League Football man through and through that's all.

11 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Don't remember but I remember seeing him play for Bedfont Town FC and Hanwell Town FC. I've just always rated him as a Non League Football man through and through that's all.

AKA Journeyman who hasn't won anything of any note in a long long long career both as player and Manager 

GRS67 - I thought this was a bit odd on the Wealdstone Twitter page, why on earth is Fergus promoting their season tickets:

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - I thought this was a bit odd on the Wealdstone Twitter page, why on earth is Fergus promoting their season tickets:

Odd, it's downright unprofessional! 

Just a few days into his new role at Leverstock he's seen on social media promoting another clubs Season Tickets! 

He should be trying to drum up support for his new club not paying lip service to another club! 

Had he tried this stunt while he was at Edgware he would have faced the wrath of the fans as Wealdstone are not popular with the clubs support or our co tennants Hendon 

GRS67 - No doubt Agamemnon3 will be able to explain it away, Fergus can do no wrong in his eyes and he thinks the sun shines out of him.

It looks like Fergus has already rolled up his sleeves and is raring to go:

Billede

As part of the Leverstock Green "hierarchy" previously mentioned and personally interviewed him I feel I'm well placed to offer my view!

Fergus, Scott and Paul impressed us greatly over the other 21 applicants and 6 that we face to faced interviewed.

He was our unanimous choice ahead of many well known faces in non league football and are confident he can take us to the next level but his remit is merely stability and building morale and team spirit for the forthcoming season.

In the short time already closely working with him I am greatly impressed with his attitude, humbleness and overall passion for non league football.

What he does outside of working for us we have no issue with whatsoever especially as Wealdstone are in no way direct competitors.  One look at twitter since we announced the appointment has overwhelmed us we made the right decision.

Ollie Bayliss interviewed him for Sunday's Non League Show and he has also been interviewed for Sunday's Non League Paper.

Before anyone attempts to post anything remotely negative about the appointment is either well absent of both sides of the story or bitter and trust me I know both sides!

Overall he is great guy and I cannot wait to work with him for the good of the football club I'm extremely proud to be General Club Secretary of, especially as I live in the parish!

Edited by Deano5

10 hours ago, Deano5 said:

As part of the Leverstock Green "hierarchy" previously mentioned and personally interviewed him I feel I'm well placed to offer my view!

Fergus, Scott and Paul impressed us greatly over the other 21 applicants and 6 that we face to faced interviewed.

He was our unanimous choice ahead of many well known faces in non league football and are confident he can take us to the next level but his remit is merely stability and building morale and team spirit for the forthcoming season.

In the short time already closely working with him I am greatly impressed with his attitude, humbleness and overall passion for non league football.

What he does outside of working for us we have no issue with whatsoever especially as Wealdstone are in no way direct competitors.  One look at twitter since we announced the appointment has overwhelmed us we made the right decision.

Ollie Bayliss interviewed him for Sunday's Non League Show and he has also been interviewed for Sunday's Non League Paper.

Before anyone attempts to post anything remotely negative about the appointment is either well absent of both sides of the story or bitter and trust me I know both sides!

Overall he is great guy and I cannot wait to work with him for the good of the football club I'm extremely proud to be General Club Secretary of, especially as I live in the parish!

Will Fergus and Scott still register to play? If needed? Hope they do well at Leverstock Green FC ?