Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leverstock Green F.C.

He has said he may make the odd cameo appearance but not at the detriment of players coming through our youth team!

We have a very exciting crop of youngsters coming through our 18s at the moment and I am extremely pleased with the set up now in place at Leverstock Green FC!

On 16/06/2021 at 12:05, Deano5 said:

especially as Wealdstone are in no way direct competitors

Deano5 - Apart from knocking you out of the FA Youth Cup at Pancake Lane last season on penalties, that was heartbreaking wasn't it

42 minutes ago, Deano5 said:

He has said he may make the odd cameo appearance but not at the detriment of players coming through our youth team!

We have a very exciting crop of youngsters coming through our 18s at the moment and I am extremely pleased with the set up now in place at Leverstock Green FC!

Good Stuff ?

28 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Deano5 - Apart from knocking you out of the FA Youth Cup at Pancake Lane last season on penalties, that was heartbreaking wasn't it

I've got over it! ?  it was a great game to be fair!

Guess who was featured in today's Non League Paper:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Leverstock Green's interesting looking pre-season programme:

Billede

Fergus Moore will be able to get fully into the saddle at Pancake Lane tomorrow afternoon won't he, it will be a baptism of fire for him as Chalfont St Peter began their pre-season campaign on Saturday 12 June against London Tigers and have already played three matches:

Billede

Yes, it's all very mysterious isn't it, why not give the reason for the postponement:

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have had to cancel tomorrow's scheduled friendly vs Chalfont St Peter. Pre-season action will now commence with Tuesday night's internal friendly at Pancake Lane.

Billede

11 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

The Leverstock Green Twitter account is saying that the CSP friendly is cancelled, due to 'circumstances beyond our control'. 

It would appear that the 'circumstances' are with Leverstock Green and not Chalfont St Peter who say that 'we are as disappointed as you are', perhaps there was some vandalism to the pitch at Pancake Lane yesterday or it's Covid related but why not give the reason for the postponement:

Tomorrow’s game is off, apologies to all planning to ahead. We’re as disappointed as you are

On 03/07/2021 at 09:37, Rhodes said:

It would appear that the 'circumstances' are with Leverstock Green and not Chalfont St Peter who say that 'we are as disappointed as you are', perhaps there was some vandalism to the pitch at Pancake Lane yesterday or it's Covid related but why not give the reason for the postponement:

Tomorrow’s game is off, apologies to all planning to ahead. We’re as disappointed as you are

The new era not got off to the best of starts then! 

1 hour ago, GRS67 said:

No but to be fair we still don't know the reason for the postponement yesterday do we, it's likely to have been out of Fergus's hands but, as you said, not the best of starts to his tenure at Pancake Lane and 'new era' for the Club.

The latest newsletter from Leverstock Green for July including an interesting Q&A session with new boss Fergus Moore:

Microsoft Word - Newsletter Issue 7.docx (levgreenfc.co.uk)

I assume this one will be going ahead at Pancake Lane tomorrow afternoon:

Billede

I gather Fergus Moore didn't fancy the pre-season fixture at Didcot Town tomorrow evening, that had been arranged by his predecessor Matthew Harding prior to his recent arrival at Pancake Lane, and asked for it to be cancelled. Why on earth would he do that against strong Step Four opposition and then arrange a game with Step Six AFC Hayes:

FIXTURE CHANGE - Leverstock Green on July 13th is no longer happening due to a change of manager. The opponents replacing Leverstock Green are Long Crendon with the fixture to be played at Thame United FC, kick-off will be 19:45

Billede

On 04/07/2021 at 12:24, GRS67 said:

GRS67 - To be fair it was a decent draw on Saturday against Step Four AFC Dunstable and Leverstock Green led for pretty much the whole game before conceding a soft goal late on. Scott McGleish and Paul Marks both made 'cameo appearances' which I wonder was really necessary as surely Fergus wanted to look at, and concentrate on, all the players that are at his disposal. The attendance was 82 which I thought was slightly disappointing: 

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/event/210710f/

Billede

18 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - To be fair it was a decent draw on Saturday against Step Four AFC Dunstable and Leverstock Green led for pretty much the whole game before conceding a soft goal late on. Scott McGleish and Paul Marks both made 'cameo appearances' which I wonder was really necessary as surely Fergus wanted to look at, and concentrate on, all the players that are at his disposal. The attendance was 82 which I thought was slightly disappointing: 

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/event/210710f/

Billede

Not sure I understand any negativity towards a progressive hard working football club that is blessed with an army of hard working volunteers?

There were 23 in the squad for Saturday so everyone got at least a half so why not give Scott and Paul a bit of a run out in the second half.  It's called team bonding and the players are already absolutely loving our new coaching team.  Best performance I've seen by our lads in a long time and am also loving our new coaching team we worked hard to come to a successful appointment as officers of the club.

I also feel 82 was a very healthy attendance for a friendly and was above our average league attendance over the last few years.

Welcome to come down and see for yourself rather than appear to stir negative vibes.  You'll also see our really impressive upgrades including huge investment to improve the pitch which looks amazing and our brand new entertainment system in the clubhouse with two new 70" plasma screens and 5G network!

We've also had an extremely successful month during the Euros where we opened our club to the local community for each game giving people a family fun amazing and safe atmosphere to watch the games.  We had a couple of young girls giving us all England flag face paints and as an example while their parents and grandparents watched the football.

Deano5 - Let me be the first to congratulate the Club, and Fergus Moore, on the excellent 2-1 win over a Hemel Hempstead Town XI yesterday:

(H) Hemel Hempstead Town – Leverstock Green F.C. (levgreenfc.co.uk)

Billede

On 13/07/2021 at 11:48, Deano5 said:

Not sure I understand any negativity towards a progressive hard working football club that is blessed with an army of hard working volunteers?

There were 23 in the squad for Saturday so everyone got at least a half so why not give Scott and Paul a bit of a run out in the second half.  It's called team bonding and the players are already absolutely loving our new coaching team.  Best performance I've seen by our lads in a long time and am also loving our new coaching team we worked hard to come to a successful appointment as officers of the club.

I also feel 82 was a very healthy attendance for a friendly and was above our average league attendance over the last few years.

Welcome to come down and see for yourself rather than appear to stir negative vibes.  You'll also see our really impressive upgrades including huge investment to improve the pitch which looks amazing and our brand new entertainment system in the clubhouse with two new 70" plasma screens and 5G network!

We've also had an extremely successful month during the Euros where we opened our club to the local community for each game giving people a family fun amazing and safe atmosphere to watch the games.  We had a couple of young girls giving us all England flag face paints and as an example while their parents and grandparents watched the football.

Not from me.

Always enjoy my visits to Leverstock Green FC and now they have the non league legend that is Fergus Moore in the Leverstock Green FC hot seat I will be keeping a close eye on the club's fortunes this season ?

Edited by Savagebee

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

and now they have the non league legend that is Fergus Moore in the Leverstock Green FC hot seat 

Savagebee - GRS67 doesn't seem to agree with that statement but, as you say, it will be a rollercoaster ride and here are all the Club's fixtures for the new campaign:

Billede