Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Bowers & Pitsea

seemgee

Call me the harbinger of doom, but it looks like the wheels have come off. Even if we make a miraculous second half recovery, this is not a one off. Defensively we are not good enough. At no time during his reign has Andy been able to assemble a decent enough defence/midfield.

CC You are absolutely right. I said at the beginning of his reign that AL has only one method of play. Get the ball up field in one kick as far as you can and then it's up to the forwards. So far this year our forwards have had the ability to play to this and have scored more goals than those against. But I will say it again this philosophy does not account for the opposition being able to organise themselves to counter it.

But then let's see the game and hope for a miracle!!!!!! 

47 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Call me the harbinger of doom, but it looks like the wheels have come off. Even if we make a miraculous second half recovery, this is not a one off. Defensively we are not good enough. At no time during his reign has Andy been able to assemble a decent enough defence/midfield.

Oh well it takes some of our doom and gloom away ???

TCC. You mentioned the wheels coming off on Tuesday as well.

Comment from the bench today. 'It's a shambles.' I'll tell you now that it wasn't that good!

Today we saw a team who were determined, fought for their cause, challenged for everything, ran and ran and showed ETFC how to win a game.

We had no answer to their game plan and couldn't live with their pace and their number 5. He was all over the place and scored a cracker of a goal. As for their one touch, give and go goal! Wow, a goal to remember.

A very bad day at the Dome.

Oh dear!  This 0-4 home defeat leaves me speechless, and it was certainly not what I was expecting this afternoon.

I am loathe to criticise, but after witnessing our 4-1 reverse at Bognor on Tuesday evening, I was hoping we would bounce back today, with a confidence boosting win and three points, before we play National League side Ebbsfleet in the FA Trophy at the QE2 next Saturday. Sadly, it didn't materialise, and whilst undoubtedly the absence of skipper Marc Weatherstone was a big loss today, it is hard to understand or explain this loss against a Bowers & Pitsea side we have already beaten away this season, who before today were 17th in the IPL table, and had only scored 16 league goals in 15 matches.

After a good run, we have now taken only one point from our last three league matches.This is very disappointing for everyone connected with our Club, and we really need to be up for it next Saturday against Ebbsfleet, who managed a 1-1 draw today away to Eastleigh. A tough cup-tie in prospect. Let's hope we can turn things around, get back to winning ways, and show the form which has got us up to the top end of the table this season, and produced some excellent performances / results in cup competitions. 

Yes a very bad day at the dome.

Next week we will be without Blackman (suspended) and Muleba (unavailable)

I just hope Weatherstone will be available.Although I understand he is carrying an injury and will have a scan this week.

There is a 7 day approach in for Charles Brown from Saffron W.And apparently we have a 7 dayer in for another forward(can't remember his name) How many more fowards do we need ?

20 minutes ago, littlehampton said:

Oh dear!  This 0-4 home defeat leaves me speechless, and it was certainly not what I was expecting this afternoon.

I am loathe to criticise, but after witnessing our 4-1 reverse at Bognor on Tuesday evening, I was hoping we would bounce back today, with a confidence boosting win and three points, before we play National League side Ebbsfleet in the FA Trophy at the QE2 next Saturday. Sadly, it didn't materialise, and whilst undoubtedly the absence of skipper Marc Weatherstone was a big loss today, it is hard to understand or explain this loss against a Bowers & Pitsea side we have already beaten away this season, who before today were 17th in the IPL table, and had only scored 16 league goals in 15 matches.

After a good run, we have now taken only one point from our last three league matches.This is very disappointing for everyone connected with our Club, and we really need to be up for it next Saturday against Ebbsfleet, who managed a 1-1 draw today away to Eastleigh. A tough cup-tie in prospect. Let's hope we can turn things around, get back to winning ways, and show the form which has got us up to the top end of the table this season, and produced some excellent performances / results in cup competitions. 

Not hard to understand why we lost as we were poor and beaten by a much better, organised and hard working team. Most of our players didn't turn up.

There is that word " organised " turning up again. I have used this word umteenth times in the past. It has been apparent that AL lacks this ability in his armour. Something I said from almost day one. 

It is unfair to suggest that this is the players fault. In fact we have almost as good a side as BQ put together except he recognise the importance of organisation, especially from at the back and to planning to a planned formation. Our strength then was he saw the need for a strong mid-field with players with some ability. AL does not seem to have this in his armour. I was surprised to see Blackman in the team today. I believe that his enforced absence may prove to be a plus next week assuming AL picks the right replacement. But I'm not holding my breathe.

Severely lacking today    :(

Was clear from first few minutes that we really miss Weatherstone at the back.

If you didn't know better you would think that the team higher in the league was that wearing red and white.

Has to be one of the most disjointed performances I've seen for the last year/two.

Every long ball was headed efficently by their defence....only one that wasn't was Mo getting on the end of Jon's angled pass.

We looked shaky throughout and we had absolutely no answer for their number 5.

With injuries our defence looked much more shaky and we don't really seem to have the squad depth either.

Why oh why have we reverted to pumping the ball long again.   Hardly ever worked and can't remember us making more than 2 or 3 consecutive passes.    Ryan may be missing next game however do we really have good cover?   I'm not sure who could have been man of the match today....B and P wanted the ball more, made better use of it and the past few games havne't made pleasant viewing.

Furthermore Ebbsfleet must be looking forwards to next week.

I've heard Jon is unavailable which is a major worry......we were 2nd best all over the pitch today.

Was there really 307 there today?

?

Edited by djwilf

You can't change a Leopards spots. strategy. Several weeks ago I thought that, with the team he has assembled,  AL had been converted to the idea of playing out from the back.This was when we were probably at our best. But what ever he may said in the past,about players not following his instructions etc, it has always been AL's preferred main default position to play long. It has been apparent ever since he came.

There has been numerous post to this affect over the past 3 years. Now is the time to see if his managerial skills can kick the team back to winning ways.

If the report that Charles is being sought by another club, then if he goes, in my opinion it is because he has been used badly, not the first and probably not the last.  I can see more going, Charles Brown for example.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Ryan Blackman are we going to miss him , personally  no I think he is a liability he has cost us points and money in silly booking and a red card his passing is unbelievable to high to fast to short does he not know we play in white shirts Billy looked pi**ed off with the lack of good balls   .

total shots in 90 mins etfc 2 goals NIL

total shot in 90 mins bapu 4 goals 4

A L jumping up n down when we are 3-0 down   bit late for that Andy damage already done

Jon I believe is at a wedding   Ryan can watch how bad we are from the side

Ken Charles is off form lack of pace

Charles Brown going to Saffron Waldon  doesn't get a first team game  and we are after Mr X . God knows who that will be

hopefully some one how knows we play in WHITE  give Jamie Doyle or Oscar Egboh or Kyle Lynch  or Dante Mcintosh or Jonathan Mundele or Danny O'Leary a go they couldn't do any worse  that kick it anywhere Ryan

that is what the u23's are for surly