Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Bowers & Pitsea

seemgee

Wish I had gone Christmas shopping with the wife instead of watching that, we were absolutely abysmal our best performer in my opinion was Nathan he stopped it being a lot worse, after the 4th went in I walked out it was that bad, I would gladly swap  Bowers back line and midfield for ours in a heartbeat on that performance they were everything Enfield wasn’t well organised, committed, better at passing the list goes on in fact we may have faired better if we had fielded our ladies team instead, playing junior at full back? Really? maybe next week Nathan will be playing up front, we really need to freshen things up with some new editions before the season gets away from us, not sure how old towner only counted 4 shots on goal from them I can assure you there were much more 

3 minutes ago, Rebel without a clue said:

Wish I had gone Christmas shopping with the wife instead of watching that, we were absolutely abysmal our best performer in my opinion was Nathan he stopped it being a lot worse, after the 4th went in I walked out it was that bad, I would gladly swap  Bowers back line and midfield for ours in a heartbeat on that performance they were everything Enfield wasn’t well organised, committed, better at passing the list goes on in fact we may have faired better if we had fielded our ladies team instead, playing junior at full back? Really? maybe next week Nathan will be playing up front, we really need to freshen things up with some new editions before the season gets away from us, not sure how old towner only counted 4 shots on goal from them I can assure you there were much more 

ok it was more but 4 of there's went in  and a couple unchallenged  with no defence near !!!

Were it not for Billy and Mo we would be staring relegation in the face. Heaven knows what we'll do next season when they are both likely to have gone. Just imagine if they had an organised, tight defence behind them and a little more creativity in midfield...

16 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Were it not for Billy and Mo we would be staring relegation in the face. Heaven knows what we'll do next season when they are both likely to have gone. Just imagine if they had an organised, tight defence behind them and a little more creativity in midfield...

Billy is on his last years contract so he'll go  and Mo well who knows,

Rudi please come back  or any of the teams from the 80's even our trophy wining team !!!!!!

Even though a strong critic of AL from the start I still feel we have the nucleus of a good side.  Whether there is someone out there who could bring some discipline into our play is a matter for conjecture. I till this squad could be brought back to winning ways by some one like BQ.  Unfortunately I do not think it is obtainable whilst AL is in charge. He may be have been a good coach in his day but as I inferred at the time of his appointment he is known to be very set in his ways. Also that he is reluctant to take advice. He has a hard task to stop the slide. Perhaps his decision to go with a small squad is coming back to haunt him. We can hope I am proved wrong and as some say it is only a blip.

Since we are told that our player budget is very competitive for this league the Board have some hard decisions to  make. If we accept this, and I see no reason not to, then if action is not taken to stop us sliding down the table they will have to decide whether to stay with the status quo or go for change. Otherwise our investment will be for nothing.

It may be a decision will not taken until the end of the season. But from what I read feelings are running high. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

1 hour ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Even though a strong critic of AL from the start I still feel we have the nucleus of a good side.  Whether there is someone out there who could bring some discipline into our play is a matter for conjecture. I till this squad could be brought back to winning ways by some one like BQ.  Unfortunately I do not think it is obtainable whilst AL is in charge. He may be have been a good coach in his day but as I inferred at the time of his appointment he is known to be very set in his ways. Also that he is reluctant to take advice. He has a hard task to stop the slide. Perhaps his decision to go with a small squad is coming back to haunt him. We can hope I am proved wrong and as some say it is only a blip.

Since we are told that our player budget is very competitive for this league the Board have some hard decisions to  make. If we accept this, and I see no reason not to, then if action is not taken to stop us sliding down the table they will have to decide whether to stay with the status quo or go for change. Otherwise our investment will be for nothing.

It may be a decision will not taken until the end of the season. But from what I read feelings are running high. 

Told by who the budget is competitive? I think that it’s maybe not as competitive as you think 

My previous comments were , for my part, meant to be more objective and less derisive which, some would say, is a turn around for me.

Firstly, following a number of my critiques of AL management in the past I have been told, in no uncertain terms, on this forum that our budget is very competitive. Secondly, in the same vain, many have said it is because our budget is smaller than most teams in the league it is hash to criticise AL because of the financial restraints he is under. Forgetting that BQ was under the same restraints.Either way, whether it is larger or smaller it does not excuse AL's approach to how the team play. This is amplified in individuals who play week in and week out who supporters are now coming to realise are liabilities to the team.

In my previous two post I would have have not deviated from what I thought over the 3 preceding years. That even though he has now assembled a fairly good squad of players, who so far have been reasonably successful (see earlier reports) they still do not know how to play when they are against a more organised team. This is mainly because of his one dimension approach to how the team should play.

I think he will not change and it is this which the Board have to consider.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I wasn't at the game, but my sources tell me that it was absolutely dire... I'm not totally buying into the doom and gloom though, in the same way that I wasn't totally bought into the euphoria when were playing very nicely and on our winning run (which wasn't all that long ago). Teams go through bad phases, which we obviously are at the moment, it's all about how we respond and hopefully turn things around, as clearly Saturday wasn't close to being good enough. Weatherstone is a big miss, as much for his leadership and organisation as for his individual play.

Whilst I think our style is a generally quite direct, there have been games where we've played some very nice stuff, kept the ball in midfield and opened sides up with some neat passing, so I don't think it's the management team's intention to lump balls up for Mo and Billy to lose in the air. I do feel that as we are short on confidence, we tend to take the easier / safer option to go long and clear our lines, rather than looking to keep the ball. That's more to do with a lack of people showing for passes and taking responsibility than it is with the system, although arguably as the management team assembles the squad and picks the team, the buck stops with them.

Hoping for a turnaround in the next few games, it can't get any worse (can it?)... if it does, I might need to drag my 18 month old daughter out in the cold to another game - her viewing record is something like W8 D0 L1 ?

On 07/12/2019 at 20:07, old towner said:

hopefully some one how knows we play in WHITE  give Jamie Doyle or Oscar Egboh or Kyle Lynch  or Dante Mcintosh or Jonathan Mundele or Danny O'Leary a go they couldn't do any worse  that kick it anywhere Ryan

that is what the u23's are for surly

Seen the under 23s play much?

One young guy that appears to have disappeared off the radar is Callum Ellesley.I thought he looked a tidy player the little I saw of him.Anyone know what's happened to him ?

I have seen a couple of u23 games this season some good players in the squad,unfortunately there are no programmes so I have no clue of there names.The entire midfield from the u23s could not do any worse than what we have at the moment in the first team imo at least they know how to pass the ball.

Edited by 72wemblyfinal

3 hours ago, 72wemblyfinal said:

One young guy that appears to have disappeared off the radar is Callum Ellesley.I thought he looked a tidy player the little I saw of him.Anyone know what's happened to him ?

I have seen a couple of u23 games this season some good players in the squad,unfortunately there are no programmes so I have no clue of there names.The entire midfield from the u23s could not do any worse than what we have at the moment in the first team imo at least they know how to pass the ball.

Callum has left the club as he wasnt getting any game time.

17 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

I haven't. Are any of them worth a run in the first team?

Not anywhere near it.

1 hour ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Ok, there's your answer then! So I guess AL needs to look at recruiting some quality from elsewhere - if the kitty isn't completely empty.

Now there is the problem.

3 or 4 weeks ago, we had a good, exciting squad that was moving up the league... not much has changed in that respect, we've just picked up a few injuries and are playing without confidence. I'd say that maybe one or two additions to freshen things up would help (especially in midfield), but I don't think we need wholesale changes - we need to get back to how we were playing not long ago. For me, that's the management's challenge, and will show us how good they are.