Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
GRS67

Edgware Town and Wembley leaving the SSMFL

Recommended Posts

I've heard that we (Edgware Town) will be leaving the SSMFL at the end of the season along with Wembley to join a new league. Most likely it'll be the new division at step 5 being run by the Combined Counties based round the Thames Valley and West London. 

 

They'll be some clubs in the Combined Counties at present who will form the make up of the new division along with some clubs to the West of London in the Hellenic as well as Edgware and Wembley from the SSMFL. 

It'll be interesting to see how the new league pans out but I think it's possibly a better fit for Edgware than the SSMFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GRS67 - Yes, I was reading about the planned restructuring however I'm not in favour of changes for changes sake every season, I think that  Edgware Town and Wembley are pretty well placed in the SSML and the League would be the poorer without the two Club's if they were to leave:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/26633/fa-second-phase-non-league-restructuring/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Yes, I was reading about the planned restructuring however I'm not in favour of changes for changes sake every season, I think that  Edgware Town and Wembley are pretty well placed in the SSML and the League would be the poorer without the two Club's if they were to leave:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/26633/fa-second-phase-non-league-restructuring/

 

 

With the Division yet to be finalised I guess we won't know how this will pan out but I think it's all swings and roundabouts,rather than head North we'll be heading West. Journey times may be longer which will cause issues especially in midweek but we won't know till it happens.

 

I heard that the Essex Senior League wanted Edgware to move in the summer along with Cockfosters and Hadley, perhaps that's still a possibility but I think the FA will want Edgware to go West just as Hendon moved to the Western based division of the Southern League.

With regards to it being a loss to the SSMFL,, they want to get rid of their southernmost clubs so they're obviously not bothered at Edgware and Wembley moving on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GRS67 said:

I heard that the Essex Senior League wanted Edgware to move in the summer along with Cockfosters and Hadley, perhaps that's still a possibility but I think the FA will want Edgware to go West just as Hendon moved to the Western based division of the Southern League

Yes, I don't think the Essex Senior League would suit Edgware Town somehow, the Club would be like a duck out of water wouldn't it, lets see what happens anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think a move to the Essex Senior League would leave Edgware feeling like a "Duck out of Water" as you said unless you mean location wise? 

Football standard wise both Hadley and Cockfosters are doing well this season having moved sideways Hadley did well last eason but Cockfosters struggled in the SSMFL. 

I would imagine the standard in the Essex Senior League is possibly not as good as in the SSMFL Premier especially at top end. 

I'm hoping that the new Division in the CCL will be a easier way to progress for Edgware

Edited by GRS67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 13:24, GRS67 said:

I've heard that we (Edgware Town) will be leaving the SSMFL at the end of the season along with Wembley to join a new league. Most likely it'll be the new division at step 5 being run by the Combined Counties based round the Thames Valley and West London. 

 

They'll be some clubs in the Combined Counties at present who will form the make up of the new division along with some clubs to the West of London in the Hellenic as well as Edgware and Wembley from the SSMFL. 

It'll be interesting to see how the new league pans out but I think it's possibly a better fit for Edgware than the SSMFL

Interesting.

They will have to run that idea by Wembley legend Ian Basher Bates first though 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...